Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Responsibility?
    #4528470 - 08/13/05 01:50 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

We are a product of our environment: we come to be within it, we are an aspect of it, and we continously interact with it, bringing change to both ourselves and the environment. We will eventually cease to be as the form we now hold within our environment. There is simply nothing to grasp from our experiences, nothing that we can "hold on" to or to attain, such a concept is an abstraction of ourselves, which will cease to be.

It is more as if the environment is interacting with itself. Does the interaction have a purpose, an intended result? I certainly do not see any inherent property such as this.  Yet the manner in which "we" interact with our environment does produce change within the environment and propagates it further.

So, how do we act? Obviously, with full awareness and without any attachment to ourselves, the action, or the consequent outcome of that action, or else we are setting ourselves up for unnecessary suffering, but yet I mean - the actions we initiate now will alter the face of existance many times over. There certainly isn't some pre-programmed destination that this environment is suspossed to propel towards and eventually arrive at, if there is, it is impossible for it to be transmitted to us.

We certainly hold our own conceptions of what to do with this environment - ensure our survival. It is certainly displayed throughout our history and our biology that we simply must strive to continue existing. It obviously isn't the sole purpose of our being here, but yet it certainly is a mechanism that provides for our being here. :grin: I personally do not exalt the need for survival of our species as some ultimate purpose to myself or even our species, but it is simply evident that it is the baseline obligation that needs to continue to be fufilled in order for ourselves to continue having this experience as an aspect of and within our environment.

The point, however, is that by starting off with this meaning and purpose to ourselves, we can extend from that to find other purposes and paths for us to travel upon. Noted, obviously, that any meaning or purpose we "derive" from our experiences within our environment (within ourselves :wink:) is, in actuality, simply being implied by ourselves and is our own abstraction. If we are to ensure our survival, we would need to procreate (Whoo-hoo!  :thumbup:  :smirk:), but an entire world of oppurtunties reveals itself from that.

To ensure our survival as a species, we must ourselves survive, to continue living, and to provide for the survival of others within our race. This implies a lot. :grin:

In order to survive, we must become aware our our surroundings, of the environment we are an aspect of and that we are within. We begin a quest of knowing our environment for what it is in order to effectively play our part within it. When we realize the other aspects of our environment for what they are and the ways in which we interact with them and the ways in which they effect us and our quest to continue ourselves, we are more equipped to fufill that need to survive.

Our continual, unquenchable progression to continue living naturally transforms ourselves and our minds into mirrors of reality. The more we begin to understand more facets of our surroundings in order to simply survive within those surroundings, we inadvertantly become aware and conscious of ourselves and our surroundings, making us something more. We start to become beings having an experience of reality. The more we become aware of the nature of reality and the subtler mechanics that form this system, not only do we ensure our continuation within that system to a greater degree - we also become more conscious and realized, we begin to live in a dynamic, present, total state of being... we ourselves become a true expression of the totality of the environment which we ourselves, quite paradoxically (;)), are an aspect of and exist within it.

Personally, considering all of this, I think we have a responsibility, as an extension of our own, simpler purposes defined by our own being here, to manage ourselves and our minds in a manner that will allow for greater understanding, awareness, and direct perception of reality. Our environment will automatically begin to change itself from this, as we are continously interacting with it, and an increase in intensity and degree of our awareness will naturally change the way we interact with the reality we are aware of. At the same time, we take on more profound meaning for ourselves and directly experience a more alive, real experience. :mushroom2:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Responsibility? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4528718 - 08/13/05 03:01 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That feeling, the good flow of chemicals in my brain is all I will need. Something tells me forces remain after a heart stops beating, a soul, what does it weigh, probably less than 21 grams, probably less than a nano-second!

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

InvisibleELECTRIC
I'm a Puppet

Loc: Bonded with string...
Re: Responsibility? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4529171 - 08/13/05 06:11 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Very nice post FW!

"At the same time, we take on more profound meaning for ourselves and directly experience a more alive, real experience."

Suppose responsibility became commonplace, and everyone realized a more real experience... How is that going to be beneficial and make things better?

--------------------
Nos confido phasmatis occultus in vicis postulo nostrum tutela donatus futurus.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology