Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
The Third eye/pineal gland
    #4526492 - 08/12/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm, first i guess i should say i have been working on my mediation and control over my consciousness for several weeks now (i have been rather drugged the past week and therefore haven't done as much) but last night i sat down for a good meditation practice. It was about 2 in the morning, me sitting on my bed.. I have read rather alot about the pineal gland and how it is associated with astral projection and the opening of the third eye Link if your interested. That tells a little about the pineal gland, google if your more curious.

But anyway, as that article mentions
Quote:

Astral travel, and other occult abilities, are closely associated with the development of the 'light in the head'. After physical relaxation, concentration upon the pineal gland is achieved by staring at a point in the middle of the forehead. Without straining the muscles of the eye, this will activate the pineal gland and the 'third eye'. Beginning with the withdrawal of the senses and the physical consciousness, the consciousness is centered in the region of the pineal gland. The perceptive faculty and the point of realization are centralized in the area between the middle of the forehead and the pineal gland. The trick is to visualize, very intently, the subtle body escaping through the trap door of the brain. A popping sound may occur at the time separation of the astral body in the area of the pineal gland.

I actually experience this last night whilst meditating. I heard the 'popping' sound. It was more of a.. something sticky being pulled away from something else sticky.

Once i did this, i could basically feel my entire room, i could actually feel how far away the walls were from my and i could feel where i was in comparison to my bed and where i was in the room.

Sadly i soon developed an itch and i could ignore it no longer, so i opened my eyes and moved, but to my suprise it HURT, my moving actually physically hurt, my neck was sore as hell and my back and arms were increadibly tight. Also i noticed that my vision was very distorted, similar to the 'heat waves' that one gets whilst high, or if they wake up very quickly from a deep sleep and look around.

I am just curious as to who else has experienced this, or something simlar to this, and if you have any tips or other exercies or links that have good information.

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: The Third eye/pineal gland [Re: SerioOria]
    #4526504 - 08/12/05 03:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It's possible I suppose that you fell asleep while meditating, or that you did in fact achieve an OOBE. Can't explain the muscle tension, as I'm not too familiar with projecting.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4526515 - 08/12/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like the beginning stages of an OOBE.. however.. the physical pain when you jumped out it is a mystery to me.

--------------------

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: The Third eye/pineal gland [Re: Shroomism]
    #4526528 - 08/12/05 03:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i have a wee bit of expereince with this.
i used to be big into astral prjection and its quite fun :smile:

pm me if you want me to enlighten further

looks like you actually live close to me :smile:  thats cool we should go hunting :smile:

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #4526529 - 08/12/05 03:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

the popping sound i've read in other places where it had something to do with our amygdala. it might be related. check it out if you get a chance. And thanks for the link I'm always searching out things like this, it seems like they search me out anymore. Thanks again!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala
http://www.neilslade.com/art/Brain/chap1.html

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Re: The Third eye/pineal gland [Re: dblaney]
    #4526533 - 08/12/05 03:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:
It's possible I suppose that you fell asleep while meditating, or that you did in fact achieve an OOBE. Can't explain the muscle tension, as I'm not too familiar with projecting.

No, im sure i didn't fall asleep, in fact i had trouble falling to sleep for about an hour after i laid down to go to sleep. And im pretty sure it wasn't an OOBE, but im pretty sure it was the beginning stages as shroomism pointed out.

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4526586 - 08/12/05 03:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Definitely sounds like the beginning stages of an OOBE.. based on my experiences and your description. Were there any sort of "vibrations" that you could feel.. like around you.. in the air? To me that's a surefire sign. But the 'popping'.. .it sounds like you were going into some sort of trance state when you somehow jerked yourself out of it.. the shock could have been enough to produce the disorientation and the pain.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: The Third eye/pineal gland [Re: Shroomism]
    #4526601 - 08/12/05 03:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i neve rhear a popping, but always feel like im being "lifted" with a wooshing noise surrounding my brain...

OOBE are amazing.

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

#4526638 - 08/12/05 04:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

umm, yea i had really weird feelings, one i noticed it felt like my body was spinning, like my body was spinning counterclockwise with my stomach being the center

also i had a feeling (later) of being pulled out of my forehead from the rest of my body, it was really weird, i also at one point had the lifting feeling you speak of

biggest thing was major disorientation, i had no idea what was up or down or what, it was kinda of random and i would spin and such and i had no control over it, it felt really crazy

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

Edited by SerioOria (08/12/05 04:01 PM)

Offlinebubbles
OverLord

Loc: London
    #4526717 - 08/12/05 04:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

well if you were conscious and it sounds like u were then its deffinately some form of OOBE. iv read that being aware of the 3rd eye is not necessary, detatchment from the physical can be acieved through any of the chakras. iv heard of someone that can only achive OOBE through the feeling of the back of her neck. its just whatever works for you.

nice link, that picture of the head with a door in the back and a stairway reminds me of a trip i had.

my fav author is robert monroe, he was one of the first to sit in the fMRI and EEG machines and display the ability to controll brainwave movement, location and pattern.

i would only worry about the pain if it was recurring problem, mabey a sign to relax and reflect straight after a session? sounds like when you stand up 2 fast and black out for sec or to. mabey its your body adjusting, ull figure it out.

peace

--------------------
"the modeling chalenge for the future is human history. we will no longer be playing games, we will be proposing actual models and methods to begin to shape the world" Terence McKenna

"Yes, but no sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall KILL you" stewie griffin

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub