Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetoadstools
great googelymoogely
 User Gallery

Loc: FL USA
1st casing (doing ok?) pics
    #4523549 - 08/11/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This is my first casing. It is PE on H-poo and about 4 days into fruiting. I started fruiting after I started to see mycelium in the valleys and low spots. I just would like some reassurance that things are progressing well or if I need to make any adjustments such as patching or altering humidity etc. Any help would be appreciated.  :thumbup: :thumbdown:

--------------------
:mushroom2: :heart: :sun: Meddle, Meddle, Friend of mine, All good things in all good time! :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: 1st casing (doing ok?) pics [Re: toadstools]
    #4523558 - 08/11/05 07:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you may have waited a little long before going to fruiting but will be ok. it appears there may be some signs of knotting going on there, so you shouldn't be to far off.
continued success.
peace

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: 1st casing (doing ok?) pics [Re: backupwards]
    #4523776 - 08/11/05 08:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you let the myc colonize the casing layer too much, looks like you could get overlay if you're not careful.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: 1st casing (doing ok?) pics [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #4523879 - 08/11/05 09:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yea that is quite close to overlay, i would patch it up.

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: 1st casing (doing ok?) pics [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4524869 - 08/12/05 12:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Its fine, dont patch it just leave it be, should still pin like a mudda fudda. All my coir based casings look exactly like that and i get wicked flushes from them. Its not overlayed and if its startin to knot will be fine.

This is my first grow which was coir and i was worried at the time but it turned out ok.
First grow log

This is a current grow atm

The pinset isnt all that even as i had trouble getin the sub layer even, more so just too lazy to break it up fine enough :P

And another i expect to be covered in pins in the next day or two

Only thing u need to worry bout it getin over colinised like that is makin sure they have enough moisture prior to the myc colinising the surface, then with daily fine misting this should be enough to last em till the end of the flush, then for ya second flush u can dunk and recase and it shouldnt get quite so over colinised then and you will have an easy task with moisture delivery.
ATB

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4525839 - 08/12/05 08:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, it looks like you waited a little too long, but it doesn't look that bad at all. I wouldn't worry about it too much man. It already looks like you have a good amount of knots on it, so vegitative growth looks like it is done...I wouldn't worry about overlay at all. You should see pins within the next day or two. GL TO YA!

Offlinetoadstools
great googelymoogely
 User Gallery

Loc: FL USA
    #4527215 - 08/12/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks Again to everyone. Just don't know what to do about the growth because I thought I was fruiting early. I just barely had little white spots in the nooks and cranny's and it still grew like hell to the point it is now. I guess next time I will just case and fruit with no mycelial growth period and see what happens.
Toadstools

--------------------
:mushroom2: :heart: :sun: Meddle, Meddle, Friend of mine, All good things in all good time! :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale