Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, Pressure Cooker, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Peruvian Torch preparation, and some general questions about mescaline trip
    #4525553 - 08/12/05 06:39 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I bought 25 grams of dried Peruvian Torch (Trichocereus Peruvian) tissues from a Dutch online shop. Now I have a few questions since this is going to be my first mescaline trip.

- When I asked the guys who sold me the Torch how to prepare it for consumption, they just briefly said in an email that "it should be boiled for quite a long time and then chewed on thoroughly."

Is this sufficient information? What is "long time" - 2, 3, 6, 12 hours? Btw. the tissues are hard as bones, some are tiny but most are bigger chunks the size of a big fat pencil. Should I boil them in that state or crush them with hammer into smaller pieces / powder?

- What trip intensity can be expected from 25 grams of dried Peruvian Torch? I'd be disappointed with only a mild high, I'd like to experience a full-blown mescaline journey :smile:

- I have two options as far as the setting is concerned: in my flat during night, or in my cousin's empty house during either day or night.

I think my flat is a good setting, since it is neat and spacious, and I have pretty much all the trip toys (music etc). But the downside is that I wouldn't be completely alone, as my mother would be asleep.

My cousin's empty flat seems like a better solution, since I'd be completely undisturbed and I can trip during day or during night, but the house itself is a bit decrepit, and I can't have music there.

Which setting is better for the first mescaline trip? And what time - day or night? Btw. I tripped on acid at both places, and in my flat I tripped both on acid and on shrooms.

- I have a curious and debilitating sensitivity to some molds and pesticides which interferes with my everyday life, significantly reducing its quality. This allergy/sensitivity is so rare that it is virtually unknown to contemporary medicine, and it was often misdiagnosed as mental illness (which it is NOT). I have tried to find an answer to this problem through shroom and acid trips, hoping for some insight or revelation but so far I have to say I haven't "seen" any clear-cut answer to my problems. Is it sensible to expect insight into this kind of problem through a mescaline trip?

Edited by alphaone (08/12/05 07:17 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
Re: Peruvian Torch preparation, and some general questions about mescaline trip [Re: alphaone]
    #4525990 - 08/12/05 12:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Few different methods of prep - could coffee grind it and capsule it but for me this caused very intense nausea, could boil the chips for 2-3 hours (or 20 mins in a pressure cooker) (be aware this will make the entire house stink pretty bad). Then strain out the chunks and try and drink the liquid - which will be a very, very unpleasant and probably make you gip and throw it back up as soon as it touches your tongue.

Pedro/Torch is the gentlest of the psychedelics. 25g is probably going to be pretty mild.

Taking it as an enema eliminates all nausea.

I'd take it as early in the day as you can as it will take a long time. Probably 2-3 hours to come on, then a mild contemplative experience for 5-6 hours then a slow come down. One thing is mescaline has an amphetamine edge to it so you'll probably feel like you want to get up and move around whenever you try and sit down.

Mescaline will help you contemplate things but I'm not sure it will provide specific enough info to help with the medical issue.

Enjoy yourself  :smile:

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Peruvian Torch preparation, and some general questions about mescaline trip [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4526152 - 08/12/05 01:40 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Potency vaires alot. I would guess from what seems the 'average' strength Peruvian Torch to my experience, that 25 grams is enough for a good trip but not super intense. Probobly equilvalent to about 2.5 grams of mushrooms without the head trip.

My technique is to boil it for 2-3 hours and over the course strain out all the snotty pulp with a cheesecloth or t-shirt. Adding lemon juice also helps (and sugar for the awful taste). You want to be left with a brown/yellow liquid with no chunks of goop.

There are other methods too such as a basic alcohol extraction. Do a search.

Also, I would say you may want to plan your trip more like an acid rather than mushroom trip because mescaline is (so I've heard) a little more similar to acid, especially in the duration.

With regards to the molds and pesticides, I don't know if the mescaline will find answers for you. With that drug you have to do more of the work, but it may help. It's more of a sober trip so your guidance and intent matter alot. Keeping this in mind make sure to throroughly cook the cactus. I don't know of cactus vendors that use pesticides, but to be on the safe side don't eat it raw.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Re: Peruvian Torch preparation, and some general questions about mescaline trip [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4526678 - 08/12/05 04:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you all for the information and suggestions.

I think I will decide for the daytime tripping in my cousin's house, that is likely to be more insightful.

Btw. Can nausea during the coming up period be alleviated by smoking weed?

Quote:

I don't know of cactus vendors that use pesticides, but to be on the safe side don't eat it raw.

I didn't mean to say that I expect to find those pesticides in the cactus itself. I'm pretty sure that the cactus is pesticide-free :smile:

Edited by alphaone (08/12/05 06:49 PM)

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
Re: Peruvian Torch preparation, and some general questions about mescaline trip [Re: alphaone]
    #4528580 - 08/13/05 02:24 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hard one to call, some people can take pedro juice without nausea but it's always given me extreme nausea.

See how much you can drink of it first - if this is the first time you've ever drank torch juice you could find yourself giving up after the first mouthful.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Peruvian Torch preparation, and some general questions about mescaline trip [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4530008 - 08/13/05 01:46 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The nausea isn't really that bad. It's gone in like an hour

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Peruvian Torch preparation, and some general questions about mescaline trip [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4530023 - 08/13/05 01:56 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

If you have dried cactus, then I guess you could probably just powder it and mix it into a drink or something, maybe with a little citric acid for taste. My experience is in preparing the fresh cactus, though.

The boiling process (for the dried stuff) will probably only result in bringing mescaline into solution and out of the cactus, while softening the dried material. If you choose to boil it, I would drink the water too... chances are it contains mescaline after the boiling process.

Godo luku!

--------------------

OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

Re: Peruvian Torch preparation, and some general questions about mescaline trip [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4530036 - 08/13/05 02:03 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Usually they discard the solids after boiling it.

--------------------
Manitou

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4530139 - 08/13/05 02:46 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I'd do an acidbase extraction and get mescaline hydrocholride/sulfate crystals and swallow them.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
Re: Peruvian Torch preparation, and some general questions about mescaline trip [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4530325 - 08/13/05 03:49 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

With a kilo as your starting point maybe, with 25 grams you'd need to be Albert Hoffman himself to extract enough to trip off.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4530687 - 08/13/05 06:13 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

IsaacHunt said:
With a kilo as your starting point maybe, with 25 grams you'd need to be Albert Hoffman himself to extract enough to trip off.

My very first extraction was done on about 55 grams of dried powdered peruvian torch. Not much more than 25 grams.

It yielded 600 mg of mescaline hcl with only two xylene pulls.

Small extractions are worth it, if that all you have.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

Re: Peruvian Torch preparation, and some general questions about mescaline trip [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4531081 - 08/13/05 09:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

So ya...

I've had good luck with encapsulating ground peruvian torch.

Between 20 and 30 grams depending on how hard I wanna trip.

Swallowed slowly over an hour or so, it works quite well at eliminating the nausea imo.

About a 3 hour come up, and then close to 12 hours of pure meditation.

Most defintately gets my reccomendation, although you can feel that stuff like a brick in yer stomach.

Good luck/Be careful.

--------------------
µgrammar

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Peruvian Torch preparation, and some general questions about mescaline trip [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #4531176 - 08/13/05 10:02 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hey man, I think this is what you're looking for as far as preparation. It should have everything you need. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2281314

Peace,
DHarp

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
Re: Peruvian Torch preparation, and some general questions about mescaline trip [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4532207 - 08/14/05 02:37 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

My very first extraction was done on about 55 grams of dried powdered peruvian torch. Not much more than 25 grams.

Well it's over twice as much.

How did you estimate the mescaline hcl content of what you ended up with?

Small extractions are worth it, if that all you have.

To be honest I'd advise anyone with 25 dried grams to use it straight or with a simple boil.

Edited by IsaacHunt (08/14/05 02:51 AM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4534226 - 08/14/05 04:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

IsaacHunt said:

Well it's over twice as much.

Yeah, I know but half of 600 mg is 300 mg, which is a moderate dose, and had I been able to complete the extraction I'm positive that it would have yielded at least 200 more mgs. That would put the yield at 1.45% which is only slightly greater than the midway of the range of potency for peruvian torch.

Quote:

IsaacHunt said:

How did you estimate the mescaline hcl content of what you ended up with?

What I ended up with were white needle shaped crystals weighing in at a little over 600 mgs. While I'm not sure that there weren't any other alkaloid salts present, I'm fairly certain that mescaline hcl comprised the bulk of the weight.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, Pressure Cooker, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience