Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineJabbawaya

Re: My relationship with cannabis (and I want to hear yours, too) [Re: SuperLazy]
    #4554854 - 08/19/05 09:36 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

When I was smoking daily, the high had lost almost all its euphoria and just made me tired and groggy. After a 2-month break (one of the best decisions I ever made) the high was extremely euphoric and better in every way possible.

Taking that 2 month break taught me a LOT of things about myself, and my relationship with marijuana. Now I smoke about once every 2 weeks, if even that frequently, and the high is always bliss. That 2 month break taught me moderation, and how to control my drug use. Marijuana used to always be on my thoughts and now it never is. My life is far more productive than it ever was, I'm getting things done, spending more time with my family and those who love me, etc. It was a great decision.

Respect the herb and she will respect you. Moderation, the middle road, is the path to happiness.

--------------------

Edited by Jabbawaya (08/19/05 03:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: My relationship with cannabis (and I want to hear yours, too) [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4556398 - 08/19/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

From everything I've read and experienced, it sounds like the best way to approach cannabis, if you are going to use it at all, is to have a great deal of self control and only do it once in a while, like mushrooms or other "harder" drugs. Seems like there are too many drawbacks to using it frequently.

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: My relationship with cannabis (and I want to hear yours, too) [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4556420 - 08/19/05 06:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jabbawaya said:
Moderation, the middle road, is the path to happiness.

I believe this entirely. I sometimes wish I wasn't so emotionally dependant on weed. Whenever I stop smoking I turn into my frenzied, panicked, moody self and it's too much. I lived like that for so long that I'd rather be high then be crying and anxious all the time.

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Re: My relationship with cannabis (and I want to hear yours, too) [Re: Plok]
    #4556470 - 08/19/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Let me start by saying that I'm very happy to have found this thread.  I don't have many people in my life who I feel comfortable talking about issues such as this so it's always nice to stop by the shroomery and see that genuine people are feeling the same things I'm feeling :smile:

On to my relationship with cannabis...

I'm 21 years old and first smoked when I was 13.  When I was 17 and 18, through my final years of high school, I smoked a lot.  I don't think it was every day, but I would sometimes smoke before morning class, at lunch, and then after classes at the end of the day.  When I started university, 1st and 2nd year, I began to smoke every day.  But I would generally only smoke at night, before bed with a friend or two.  We'd go out for a couple hours, I would come home and then go to bed.  This is how I avoided the burn out feeling, simply fall asleep :smile:

Back in March, I had a huge crash in my life.  I'd been repressing a lot of feelings and one day I broke down.  I left one of my classes in the middle of it, drove around for two hours, then came home and ended up crying for hours and telling my parents that I'd been depressed, had been smoking pot for years (they had no idea), etc...  After that, I stopped smoking pot cold turkey for 3 months.

That break was excellent - I felt really good and proud of myself, I felt clear and free and felt like I could move on with my life.  Recently, I've started smoking pot again, occassionaly, but I have smoked every day for the past several days.  To be honest, I think I'm ready to quit again.

I love being high, I love the sensation, I love feeling relaxed, feeling like myself, but I often think that I shouldn't need marijuana to feel relaxed and open.  I have a lot of social problems, I'm very shy and I feel like I don't have a very close person to whom I can spill my guts to.  I'm very self-conscious about myself and worry about different things constantly.  I often shy away from social situations or feel very uneasy out at a bar or even talking with someone one on one.  Sometimes when I'm high I'm better at being social and other times I'm far worse.

But I am beginning to think that perhaps marijuana, while I dealed with it to cure some of these problems in the past, may be the cause of these problems.  After reading this thread and relating to so much of what you all have written, I'm inspired to quit once again, perhaps this time for good.  I plan to exercise more, try to converse and be open with others, and feel more secure with who I am (even though I'm still figuring that out).

So maybe I'm just going through a lot of hormonal/mental BS or maybe marijuana is adding to the problems, either way I think I will once again step away from the smoker's table for a while, in hopes of clearing my head and feeling better about myself :smile:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4556948 - 08/19/05 09:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

When i first started smoking it was pschadelically high and we where smoken nasty shwag even... This was maybe 6 years ago or more... damn its been that long.

Ive been a daily pot smoker for atleast 5 years now. I just smoke to relax after work. I get high everyday. I can get high before work and no one knows. I am just high. hrmm im kinda drunk now too

i probably smoke to much pot, but i dont care. Its not effecting my daily activities i need to complete. It just helps me deal

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: My relationship with cannabis (and I want to hear yours, too) [Re: baraka]
    #4556985 - 08/19/05 10:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I used to smoke tons of herb, and was attached to the point where I couldn't imagine a life without it. Well, I quit a few years ago and never think about it anymore, at all. Life has definitely improved 5x for me once the weed was removed from it. Lost all my stoner friends, but they weren't worth a damn anyways. Dependency on anything is unhealthy, natural or not. I spent those years in an absolute stoned haze, and really regret most of it.

I still appreciate quality buds and even glance the overgrow.com galleries time to time, but that's the extent of it anymore.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinedistortion
 User Gallery
Loc: Murder Mitten Flag
Re: My relationship with cannabis (and I want to hear yours, too) [Re: Holydiver]
    #4566730 - 08/22/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In the words of the Kottonmouth Kings...
"Imma smoke weed for the rest of my life, I see some people gave in but I ain't givin up this fight, I'm gonna smoke weed for the rest of my life, see, I'm in love with Mary Jane, I'm gonna make her my wife, yeah....."
I <3 MJ :inlove:

--------------------
Think for Yourself. Question Authority.

-Timothy Leary

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

Re: My relationship with cannabis (and I want to hear yours, too) [Re: MOTH]
    #4568706 - 08/22/05 10:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
I love weed...that's pretty much all there is to it.  Even the negative aspects, because I know the negative aspects are in my power to make positive.  I like forcing myself to do stuff when I'm high.  After all if I didn't do that, NOTHING would get done!  :smile:

As EllemyshShade just put it, this is how you get high all day long.  After a while of being a super stoner you realize that its all in your mind and if you just smack yourself out of that chair you can do a whole lot even when your high.  I've been there and I know people who have been there for years.

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

OfflineSmokeOnMyMind
information gatherer
Male

Loc: Iowa, former republic of ...
Re: My relationship with cannabis (and I want to hear yours, too) [Re: FreedomFight]
    #4569368 - 08/23/05 02:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My relationship with cannabis is an illegal one, so perhaps that's where the "paranoia" comes from. I don't experience paranoia anymore, as I don't see what I'm doing as wrong. Cannabis can provide happiness to its users, can any of us deny this? Psychedelics can be beautiful. Do you know why cannabis is illegal by the way? It provides relief, and it is a weed...in the end, **it cannot be patented**. It is in the best interest of big business to keep it illegal. Everything is in their best interest, and their best interest is **to screw us all** (the entire planet). One of the only ways for me to seek relief from such an unnatural environment (America), is to get high sometimes. Go survey a kindergarten class, and you may find that 60% of these children are on drugs, along with a significant portion of their parents...and most of their teachers. **All drugs prescribed by doctors are liver toxic**. Toxins create chronic disease (accurately known as a healing crises, as **disease does not exist**). We teach these same children that "marijuana" is dangerous...and then we tell them to keep taking their Ritalin (amphetamine). If your relationships deteriorate due to your cannabis usage, perhaps you do need to find something else to do....or maybe, you need to seek better relationships. It's a tough call, but nobody knows except the voice inside of you. In the end though, it is you...not the cannabis. **Cannabis is here for a reason**. Everyone can figure out that reason for themselves. Did you know that the diet of most people is deficient in essential fatty acids. These essential fatty acids are provided in the most ideal proportions from hemp seed. So, if your cannabis usage has got you down....look at everything else besides the cannabis, please. You are probably deficient in essential fatty acids for one...so start there (by eating fresh green leafy vegetables and/or hemp seed). We can't point the finger at what God has given us...F that! **Take care of yourself**, before it is too late....and screw laws and big business, they are out to make you die a horrible death. The best thing I can say is, y'all are no better than anyone else...and I'm not either <laughing>.

--------------------
"For I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
~Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

#9930900 - 03/07/09 09:29 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I wanted to bump this thread cause it's awesome:)

so heres my cannabis story...

started smoking the summer before entering high school. i started off good smoking once a week in the course of 3.5 years that evolved into smoking everyday. just recently i decided to take a break (probably 3-4 months). i was getting lazy and neglecting my school work. i was digging myself into a hole and then becoming depressed at how deep the hole was. my health also started becoming poor.

for me, weed was a trance inducer. it put me into this great introspective state while making everything seem new and exciting. smoking everyday took that away. the high would always make me super aware of where i am in my life mainly things about my body habits how organized and "together" i was. i think that a lot of people get negative effects from weed not because the weed is bad by itself its just that people get this expanded awareness and then they see their life through fresh eyes and they don't like what they see.

now that i've wised up and started taking care of myself I imagine the next time time I toke will be epic. I'm also starting to give more attention to who i will smoke with (zombie stoner "friends" are no fun). I want to smoke with people that i can build positive relationships with.

i would also like to mention that many of weeds bad cognitive effects and be countered with herbs, specifically calamus. there are others that help (gotu kola, bacoppa, ashwaghanda, ginko). basically anything that is adaptogenic or nootropic. also a clean body-mind makes a clean high. oh and I'm sticking to dank from now on. schwag is just to nasty.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies