Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsyWonderCap
Stranger
What the teks ment by "lightly filling" the jars {Newbs look}
    #4524403 - 08/12/05 01:04 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

First off i am by no stand point an expert, and ill have you know i just lost my first batch of jars. Only 3 to contams but the others to them drying out. I must stress first that putting the foil over the jars AND the tape is what you need to seal those jars to not only keep out bubbled water and keep in the moisture, but the added pressure created inside the jars makes a more sterile poor mans PC. I used the boil method cuz i was too cheap to buy/get a hold of a PC. NEVER MIND that rant, the meaning of this post follows: You MUST lightly put in your BRF + Verm mix to the jars. What i did this time around was mix up my mix REALLY well then put my gloves one. With my gloves on i hand put in the mix big pinch by pinch into each jar. Granted i only had 10 jars this time, it didn't take so long. The result made for very very "airy" filled jars. When i inoculated them tonight the squirt of solution fell all the way down the side of the jar! I was astonished and very pleased with my better procedures this time around. I was new and took some of the words and advice for granted, don't be like me! Take everything the teks and experts say on here to the best of your ability! It will give you better results, guaranteed!

--------------------
"Dunk and Roll" How-to

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What the teks ment by "lightly filling" the jars {Newbs look} [Re: PsyWonderCap]
    #4525864 - 08/12/05 11:03 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

well, you don't have to do it by hand pinch by pinch. You could spoon in the substrate. what they mean by that is not to pack it down. just take your spoonfull and lightly dump it into your jar. Do not shake or pound the jar on the counter to compress it and you should be fine.

btw...you should really get a PC...it is well worth the money and headaches of contams.

OfflinePsyWonderCap
Stranger
Re: What the teks ment by "lightly filling" the jars {Newbs look} [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4526032 - 08/12/05 12:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Im just saying...even with the spoon method, sometime you throw it in there. I was just suggesting try to like OVER do the fluffy filling of the jars. The extra space is very quickly filled with myc!

--------------------
"Dunk and Roll" How-to

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What the teks ment by "lightly filling" the jars {Newbs look} [Re: PsyWonderCap]
    #4526149 - 08/12/05 01:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Good advice if you ask me.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation