Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSketchyTX05
Beginner to theJourney

Loc: Inside my head
Getting dealer to lower price -- Tips?
    #4523354 - 08/11/05 06:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have not tried mushrooms yet. I've been reading of them for ages, but I have never known the right people, and when I did I had no money. So, now things have opened up for me. I know a guy who always has shrooms, and I trust him as a dealer himself (being pretty good acquaintences), but he's raping my wallet with the prices of his home grown shrooms.

Fifteen dollars a gram.

That's right, wipe off the water you just spit out of your mouth. My wallet is getting raped. When I asked him what the price would be a week ago (I haven't bought them yet, I just wanted to know so I could plan) I didn't know what the average price was. 15 dollars sounded relatively reasonable to me, not knowing the truth of the matter.

I'm picking up some weed from him tonight, and I want to see if I can get that price lowered. After I tell you guys what I think would be an alright idea, let me know, and if you don't give me some alternatives.

I was considering telling him that if he sold them to me for 15 dollars a gram, I would only buy two grams, but if he sold them to me for 10 dollars, I would buy 5 grams. (Which, I want five grams anyway, so if I got them for 15 bucks it would be about 75 bucks).

What do you guys think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Getting dealer to lower price -- Tips? [Re: SketchyTX05]
    #4523361 - 08/11/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #4523368 - 08/11/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you don't like his prices, tell him what you'd pay for them. If he doesn't want to sell just grow your own. It's easy.

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

OfflineSketchyTX05
Beginner to theJourney

Re: Getting dealer to lower price -- Tips? [Re: gdman]
    #4523370 - 08/11/05 06:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Can't grow my own. I live with my dad right now until October.

Any other tips for lowing the price?

OfflineBigBallZMaN
Knowledge Quest

Loc: Washington, USA
    #4523392 - 08/11/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Tell him that is a fuckin rip off. Tell him that you will pay at the most $30 for an 8th (3.5 grams)
If he says no, tell him you want to buy an ounce. He should give you a good price on them then. If he says no, or still tries to dick u around, go to a new dealer. Dont put up with that type of shit. Theres always more dealers, and theres always better ones. Fags to sell them for $15 a gram should be fuckin shot. They arent worth that much and I have never heard of anyone selling them for that. Chances are he is trying to fuck you over, or hes a fag either way to everyone, or hes selling bunk shit and just wants to make some quick cash, or he is going to rip u off by not getting u anything, or geting something for himself and selling that for a faggish price to someone else.

--------------------
Our body is light, we are immortal.
Our body is love, we are eternal.
Eternal..

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Getting dealer to lower price -- Tips? [Re: BigBallZMaN]
    #4523467 - 08/11/05 06:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Problem is, hes probably just growing small amounts and fucking them up, so probably doesnt even have that much, and thats why their so expensive. I'd tell him 15 is a bit pricey and you dont want them if their that much, but if he'll do them for 10 a gram you'll take 5. He'll do it or he wont. Most people have prices set for a reason though and wont budge, theres always someone else to sell it to. But maybe this is a case of him just trying to get some extra money for you and he might do it. It could also be, if you only asked for prices on a gram, that thats what he sell a GRAM for. single gram is a pain in the ass and more expensive, but an 1/8th or a quarter, or 5 grams, might come with a deal. Like if bud is "20 bucks a gram", 7 grams isnt usually 140 bucks..if it is, fuck it..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineAmygdala
Learner

Re: Getting dealer to lower price -- Tips? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4523493 - 08/11/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm agreeing with scat on this one, your guy may have just misunderstood you, $35 an 1/8 is the most you should go as it is the standard, in my opinion though, i would even go $40 if your that hard up for them, its more than i would ever pay, but for a first timer with no alternative connections, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

--------------------
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

OfflineSketchyTX05
Beginner to theJourney

Re: Getting dealer to lower price -- Tips? [Re: Amygdala]
    #4523503 - 08/11/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You guys have been very helpful, as I would expect from this community. I wish I could give you all some positive ratings, but, I'll need a few more posts to be able to do that.

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

#4523520 - 08/11/05 06:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've never paid more than $5 a gram, you're getting hosed.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4523524 - 08/11/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That's ridiculous.

Just wait till you can grow your own or find a different connection.

That's a huge rip off.

OfflineBrekkFu
Stranger
Loc: US... =(
Re: Getting dealer to lower price -- Tips? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4523541 - 08/11/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Most I've ever seen on my campus was 30$ for an 1/8th

15$/g is obscene

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terrence McKenna

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Getting dealer to lower price -- Tips? [Re: Euphoria]
    #4523604 - 08/11/05 07:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Euphoria said:
I've never paid more than $5 a gram, you're getting hosed.

damn straight, $20 an 1/8th is a good deal, never have gone above those prices, except once at a festival i was offered $30 before asked a price so i took the $30.

what the hell is wrong with people? no way would i ever consider paying that much for some fungus. especially after seeing how easy it actually is to do your own. when you are away from dad get at it, you won't be sorry. unless you are stupid and the man comes and gets ya.

peace  :eek:

OfflineSketchyTX05
Beginner to theJourney

Re: Getting dealer to lower price -- Tips? [Re: backupwards]
    #4523636 - 08/11/05 07:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So the best way to deal with this guy is to tell him straight up that I'm not going to pay those outrageous prices...

I will pay 50 bucks for 5 grams
Or 60 bucks for 2/8ths (Which, I realize is still expensive, but if he is asking as much as he is, how far down do you expect him to go?)

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4523698 - 08/11/05 07:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well seeings as you are his custy, he is going to ask for those prices. yeah i would tell him straight up that he is asking way too much, but then again he may be meeting the supply/demand in your area and thus is asking such a high price.
but i go with what someone said about him just not having very much and is trying to make some cash from very little.

if you have no other source then you will have to pay what is asked. i would try to talk him down some though, maybe $30 an 1/8th.

good luck
peace

Offlinetodesengel
the chinese chicken

Re: Getting dealer to lower price -- Tips? [Re: backupwards]
    #4523923 - 08/11/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I would just try and hang out with him more, and then after a while start talking about mushrooms. Just have him educate you on them or something, and then after some time goes by, ask him how much he sells them for. Then when he says 15 per gram, pull out your wallet and be like "shit" all I got is 10. Would you do that? He might go for it.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Getting dealer to lower price -- Tips? [Re: todesengel]
    #4523998 - 08/11/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah but buying a gram of mushrooms? That'd be weak.

Maybe they aren't Cubensis? Maybe they're Cyans?

Ask him what species the mushrooms are.

Offlinegodsdrugofpref
Student

Loc: Oregon, USA
    #4524017 - 08/11/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I definitly have to agree with bigballzman on this one. This guy MUST be shot. Your so called good acuaintace is not so good to you if he pulls that kinda shit. Don't take it from him but if he is your closest dealer and you want it from him dont flip shit and freak out on him. Just be like I m not a noob anymore and i know how much it goes down for and i m running low on cash too so stop ripping me off or i ll find someone else. And hope he understands. If he doesnt fuck it. You can go with out it till october or just find someone else. Its not worth dealing with someone if another person is getting the better end. Enjoy.

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
    #4524035 - 08/11/05 09:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

try to get one of your female friends to approach the dealer and pretend like she wants to buy shrooms from him. give her the money so she can buy your shrooms. maybe she can butter him up to lower his price.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Getting dealer to lower price -- Tips? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4524476 - 08/11/05 11:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
Maybe they aren't Cubensis? Maybe they're Cyans?

Ask him what species the mushrooms are.

Good thinking, though seems unlikely they are cyans or the dealer would have quickly mentioned the fact.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4524670 - 08/11/05 11:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Send your dealer here, and show him this thread, or better yet, just send him here.

If he sticks around he'll quickly realize he is disrespecting mushrooms AND trippers by selling at those prices.

Or, go to the marketplace forum (once you can) and trade for a cool print (shroomerites are NICE and FAIR when it comes to trading)... and offer him a print for a price reduction. This will show him you know MORE about his hobby than an average customer. People who UNDERSTAND cultivation often get price breaks... :wink:

On a similar note, ask what SUBSTRATE he uses... and what type of fruiting chamber he employs.  :smile:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract