Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLiquid_Silver
Stranger

Hating
    #4523511 - 08/11/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Here is some food for thought. Is hating beautiful in it's own right?

As a person that strives to see the deeper beauty in any and all things, I still can't get over hating. When some one cuts me off, Or better yet, my girl friends MOM&DAD :smirk:. I don't want to use any of my Life Energy on Hating, but I am also trying to see the beauty in it. Hating What do you think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: Hating [Re: Liquid_Silver]
    #4523523 - 08/11/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think hate or any emotion is like a starting point. It is unrefined. The metaphor I am thinking of is a granite block. Hate, therefore, isn't necessarily right or wrong, or ugly/beautiful. do you see what i'm trying to say?

--------------------
Namaste

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4523526 - 08/11/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"take the time, to learn to hate" Silverchair

for realz, hating makes you appreciate love. it's healthy to hate a little but not to become obsessed with it.

OfflineLiquid_Silver
Stranger

Re: Hating [Re: RedNucleus]
    #4523535 - 08/11/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I see what you are saying, Buy I am still trying to truly understand it. Help me out. What do you mean when you say starting point?

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4523537 - 08/11/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

as with any living being, your way of existence coordinates youre instinct of what is acceptable and what is not.
To accept everything as being beautifull and positive is unnatural because it does not support the basic laws of organic life.
And you (unless someone can prove otherwise) are an organic being.
You are not perfect, you are flawed, you are limited and mortal as frogs as snakes and as birds, you were never "ment" (ment as an abstract word) to be connected with everything and accept everything because you are still struggling with basics of survival, reproduction etc.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineLiquid_Silver
Stranger

Re: Hating [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4523564 - 08/11/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So the way I strive to see things, is ultimately flawed? Doomed to turn in to frustration, and ultimately hate?

Is this what you are trying to say, or am I "jumping the gun,"?

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

#4523595 - 08/11/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

OK here's what I mean. Hate resulted in the development of the great martial arts fighting disciplines. Also, hate can result in torturing innocent people, becoming a suicide bomber, events like 9/11/2001. What I want to say to you is that I think it would be a good idea to think about how to channel your hatred. I can't tell you how- I'm no expert on much of anything.

--------------------
Namaste

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

Loc: Maillardville, Coquitlam,...
    #4523599 - 08/11/05 07:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

hate is baggage. life is too short to be pissed off all the time.

--------------------
?Religion is science, politics is Hollywood, and 50 cent is more influential than Dali Lama; welcome to the future?
-Fontaine

"Blessed are the peacemakers." Matthew 5:9

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4523602 - 08/11/05 07:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm just saying do not run away from your nature. If you want to accept everything, then you must accept your own feelings of rejecting and accepting various things around you.
You owe your genes to millions of years of creatures accepting and rejecting, if it weren't for those feelings, life would not survive.

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Re: Hating [Re: TheCheat]
    #4523620 - 08/11/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I want my life to be worthwhile to me. I want to fulfill my desires. It is hard- incredibly hard, for me to be responsible. But if I am not responsible, then I will grow up to be white trash. I hate white trash, and all the human trash in this world. I hate many people- the people who make nothing of themselves, and live a life of decay. People like this, and I am talking about the majority of people in the world, make life worse for me.

So, I work hard. And my hate for failure drives me.

--------------------
Namaste

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4523626 - 08/11/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RedNukleus said:
I want my life to be worthwhile to me. I want to fulfill my desires. It is hard- incredibly hard, for me to be responsible. But if I am not responsible, then I will grow up to be white trash. I hate white trash, and all the human trash in this world. I hate many people- the people who make nothing of themselves, and live a life of decay. People like this, and I am talking about the majority of people in the world, make life worse for me.

So, I work hard. And my hate for failure drives me.

why don't you find a way to make it easier for yourself?
obviously your mind has a bumpy ride driving over some things.

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

#4523631 - 08/11/05 07:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, you're right. Thank you for mentioning this to me. There is indeed something wrong with me emotionally, and I only occasionally realize this.

--------------------
Namaste

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4523668 - 08/11/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RedNukleus said:
Yeah, you're right. Thank you for mentioning this to me. There is indeed something wrong with me emotionally, and I only occasionally realize this.

wow, that was easy...could you give me a bit more resistance please, I'm all warmed up, or tell me you are sarcastic again

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

#4523730 - 08/11/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

please add more clauses to your run-on sentences. 3 is just not annoying enough.

--------------------
Namaste

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #4523734 - 08/11/05 07:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

There's a duality.

Organisms abide to laws of competition, survival, descrimination, seperation etc. All of the things we have become very familiar with. We take these primal forces and turn them into hatred, prejudice and war.

There is also a deeper unconditional force that accepts, encourages and supports all. An energy beyond division that has an eternal compassion and equality for all that is engaged within this struggle.

I have challenged myself to go beyond descriminations, coming from that oh so holy place, accepting all. It came back and bit me on the ass. As a physical being, without descrimination you end up with more physical energy then you can deal with. Yes, you have god within you capable of accepting all but you are also in the confines of your body and the limitations you have been conditioned into.

I feel that our higher purpose is to eventually lift ourselves beyond the doubt and the restrictions but it is a balanced journey, from limitation into infinity. I agree with OldWoodSpecter in that it is unnatural to try to come fully from this all accepting place, even though it is a frequency that does exist and can be lived on. We have glimpses of it whenever we peep into the higher dimensions. There's gotta be a comedown though... a point as you re-enter the earth plane and you put your walls up and strengthen your defenses.

I used to have lots of hatred and anger and all this shit against the world. Then I had all these people telling me I needed to learn to let go of my anger and rage. So I thought "hey, maybe there's something wrong with me". The books told me to be more peaceful. To accept more. To feel that unconditional love. I began to read about mushrooms (this is a couple of years ago now thanks to the trip reports from the shroomery) and I read things probably by you folk that I could feel a connection to things. I let myself venture down this pathway of connection to all things and for a time, it was good. Now however, I look back and wish I had of been a bit more steady in my approach to opening myself to feeling a love for all. I feel like I let myself be energetically raped. A physical trade-off for higher learning.

I feel that many spiritual practices preach a passivity and I have formed an opinion that alot of teachings encourage weakness. The result has been many powerful people, such as the type who probably find themselves attracted to places like this forum, end up with silent voices and little power in the world of physicality.

I think its healthy to come from accepting all and alot of good could come from more people peering into that inner dimension, however, while in that space, embrace your own hatred and judgements and realise that they are there also to serve your discrimination as you make your way through the definitions and obstacles you will be presented with.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Re: Hating [Re: iambobby]
    #4523743 - 08/11/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you look like isaac hanson. i'm gonna read your stuff. gimme a minute.

I think your wording was slightly shaky but that's the nature of thinking I guess. Your points are all pretty good and I am only full of dark emotion lately because I am taking a super hard class this summer that leaves no room in my life for fun. I'm getting an A though, so it's all for the best.

--------------------
Namaste

Edited by RedNukleus (08/11/05 08:00 PM)

OfflineStoned_Druid
Metalhead
Male

Loc: Northern VA
    #4523746 - 08/11/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It's good to hate the right kind of people.

--------------------
"Sanity is for the Weak"

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Hating [Re: Stoned_Druid]
    #4523782 - 08/11/05 08:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hatred is the result of repressing judgements. Its natural to have a judgement and to express your boundaries to the world. I think what happens is that by feeling guilty about these judgements, because they are not the highest place we can come from, we keep them hidden away and the energetic rape begins. All of a sudden, your boundaries are infringed upon and you accept it and you can tell yourself you're ok with it, but deep down, you're not. You're angry and you want to release. Hatred is like a damn of water that is suddenly allowed to flow again. It comes out with immense force. The water all of a sudden being returned and allowed to flow back into the world again is a good thing.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Hating [Re: iambobby]
    #4523787 - 08/11/05 08:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

iambobby said:
There is also a deeper unconditional force that accepts, encourages and supports all. An energy beyond division that has an eternal compassion and equality for all that is engaged within this struggle.

and what force is that? And where did you heard of it?

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

#4523801 - 08/11/05 08:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think concepts like this are better left somewhat nebulous. At a purely non-supernatural level, this energy of eternal compassion could be the state of mind that yearns to experience order and joy.

--------------------
Namaste

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder