Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Aesthetically pleasing saprophytes
    #4515670 - 08/09/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm thinking about experimenting with attractive and/or colorful mushrooms that can be grown indoors. I would think that would limit my search to saprophytes that are not dependent on other living species to complete thier life cycle.

Any species come to mind?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejobot37
Edible hunter
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oregon, Willamette Valley
Re: Aesthetically pleasing saprophytes [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4516216 - 08/09/05 09:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Russula emetica, if you cam get the really bright red ones,
Entaloma nitidum, but those only grow in Eurasia

OfflineSweetLeaf
"33"
 User Gallery

Loc: wa
    #4516228 - 08/09/05 09:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I always thought ganoderma lucidium would be an interesting mushroom to grow, they have a rather exotic color, last a while, and have some medicinal use.

" Another method geared towards indoor, environmentally controlled production focuses on rapid cycled crops. With this method a combination of hardwood sawdust and woodchips is the growing media, as opposed to logs. Colonized jars of Reishi mycelium (spawn) growing on rye grain or hardwood sawdust are used to inoculate sterilized bags of the sawdust/woodchip mixture. The bags are sealed and allowed to incubate. The bags have a special filter that allows for gas exchange while screening out possible fungal or bacterial contaminants. After the proper amount of time has passed for incubation the bags are opened or removed and the environment is manipulated to initiate fruit body formation. With this method you can have two crops in 90-120 days. The growing popularity of alternative medicines, and pursuit of cultivation in North America and Asian countries has increased the availability of Reishi mushrooms and products in the U.S. as well as Asia, making them an economically important crop."

This exert is from Dylan Kosma found here.

I'm not sure how well it would work, but there ya go.

--------------------
Ph.dizzle

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4516258 - 08/09/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Reishi is a good choice,

Lions Mane is another idea.

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Aesthetically pleasing saprophytes [Re: SweetLeaf]
    #4516312 - 08/09/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I just figured you would like the color..
I have no idea what it is but the ID says its a Gill shot from a colorful mushroom

Yessup

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Aesthetically pleasing saprophytes [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4516732 - 08/09/05 11:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Why Lion's Mane?

I was thinking along the lines of not-previously-cultivated species.

I've had my eye on Reishi for a while already. I think I'll be playing with that one soon.

I wonder if other Ganoderma can be cultivated similarly, like the Artist's conch, perhaps.

I've got that mushroom book with the crazy trumbone man somewhere around here.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #4517543 - 08/10/05 09:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How about Trametes versicolor? it's been cultivated before, but they look pretty cool.

maybe leucocoprinus birnbaumii too, they must be easy to culture. they pop up in potting soil all the time. they're poisonous I think though, so they probably wouldn't be the best idea.

DH

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Aesthetically pleasing saprophytes [Re: spores]
    #4517754 - 08/10/05 10:36 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I dont know the name of it, but I think it's related to the "witch-hat" and it has yellow, red, green and blue colors. That would be interesting. But what would be most pleasing is a mixture of all the beautiful mushrooms. Like a Marley and and Mycelium Factory or somethin'. Psilocybe Cyanescens sure are pretty, too. But I guess you probably want to keep it legal.

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Aesthetically pleasing saprophytes [Re: psiclops]
    #4519007 - 08/10/05 05:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Another poisonous aesthetically pleasing mushroom would be a Jack O'Lantern.

There are other bright orange species of Mycena that are neither poisonous nor edible.

Chicken mushrooms are pretty.

Namekos are very pretty and edible.

Enokis are attractive, but require extremely cold temperatures. Too cold to be grown someplace where humans also live.

Russulas are Russulales. All of them, including Lactarius are mycorrhizal.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Aesthetically pleasing saprophytes [Re: YidakiMan]
    #4522572 - 08/11/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think i know which Mycenia your talking about, it's a complex of small species. They look kind of like chanterelles. Some red chantys would light up any room, but they've never been successfully cultivated as far as i know.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags