Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Too much drinking?
    #4522055 - 08/11/05 02:56 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

I personally don't think i drink over excessively, I'm just curious to see what everyone else's views are on how much is too much. Personally, i don't see myself an alcoholic by a long shot. I just like alcohol alot, a liking that I see turning into a love. I feel the need to get completely wasted at least 3 times during the week. If i start drinking i don't feel satisfied until iv drank all i can/stomach. Which is normally what i do when i get wasted. I drink to the point i cant drink no more.

Alcohol doesn't seem to effect me the way it used too. I can drink can after can, but it seems to take a considerable quantity more now days to take a good effect. I can drink heavily and still be 100%in the head. Talk as i usually would, think as clear as usual, walk straight, whist at the same time feeling drunk/buzzed. I am also moving towards spirits alot more frequently. As i type this i have a beer in my hand. :chugbeer:

So, I'm just wondering how much you all drink on a regular basis and what you feel is excessive.

I have another 11 cans to last the night, although ill probably split them with a friend.
Cheers :alc:
Mushie Man

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Too much drinking? [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #4522102 - 08/11/05 03:08 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

well for me i just have a few after work or something. sometimes not more than one...most of the time not more than 3.

but every now and then i will play a drinking game or soemthing and get trashed...like once a week probably. But this thread is making me want to go buy a bottle of tequila :smile:

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

Re: Too much drinking? [Re: Vulture]
    #4522160 - 08/11/05 03:25 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

I have a bicycling problem, sometimes I bicycle 6 hours a day.

--------------------
Manitou

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Too much drinking? [Re: Vulture]
    #4522171 - 08/11/05 03:27 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

i don't usually drink more than once a month, I'd say 2-3 times a month would be okay. It shouldn't be planned or based upon patterns and it shouldn't be done if you are experiencing withdrawals.

on to my alcohol vs pot rant:
For me I leave the addiction to non-addictive substances like pot.... at least if you have to quit, it doesn't make you feel like shit. I don't really like alcohol at all because it makes you hung-over and even if you aren't "hung-over" you just don't feel at all well the next day.

anything that bad for your body and mind isn't something you should use much. If I had to choose between alcohol being illegal or pot being illegal, I'd make alcohol illegal without hesitation. I hate drunks.... some drunks (like me lol) are awesome people to be around. But the culture by and large in these parts is to just be a dick and be wreckless, drive drunk or with buzzes, and just do all around things that are bad for everyone but you.

I'm worried that once I'm 21 I may become an alcoholic though just because it'd be easier to buy my own beer/liquor than to buy weed.

I'm of the mind that a bowl a day is safer than a few beers a day though... but I probably wouldn't drink more than once a week, and would try to keep it to only once or twice a month. I'd never drink to alleviate pain associatied with alcohol withdrawal (though i'd smoke!)

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (08/11/05 03:29 PM)

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: Too much drinking? [Re: HuckleBones]
    #4522178 - 08/11/05 03:29 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

SteveSecretia said:
I have a bicycling problem, sometimes I bicycle 6 hours a day.

dont you love the stuff that comes out of these forums?

i dont know, i think its a personal issue, as long as you fufill your responsiblities while sober, i think it is fine to be intoxicated.  I myself only feel comfortable doing things whilst i have no responsiblities, mainly on the weekends, but i try not to get completely trashed.  Just don't abuse whatever you do, everything in moderation, find your center  :peace:

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Edited by SerioOria (08/11/05 03:37 PM)

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Too much drinking? [Re: SerioOria]
    #4522222 - 08/11/05 03:39 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

I've been getting drunk 3-5 days a week, too. That's what this Summer has been. When I'm not drunk/listening to music, I'm reading. I have very little do this Summer and being drunk is a lot more fun than being sober. I don't see a problem with being drunk that often either. As long as I finish college, can function and work my future job sufficiently.

Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
Re: Too much drinking? [Re: bukkake]
    #4522874 - 08/11/05 06:01 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

bukkake said:
I've been getting drunk 3-5 days a week, too. That's what this Summer has been. When I'm not drunk/listening to music, I'm reading. I have very little do this Summer and being drunk is a lot more fun than being sober. I don't see a problem with being drunk that often either. As long as I finish college, can function and work my future job sufficiently.

This type of thinking kind of disturbs me. It seems like some people think it's okay to get wasted so as long as they can function in society. What people seem to ignore is that alcohol is toxic, especially if you're getting drunk off of it. Drinking a beer a day might be alright and possibly strengthen your immune system but I still don't think it's a good idea. Take care of your bodies, people. You don't want to be living with a liver problem when you're middle aged and with beer gut.

OfflineJabbawaya

#4522916 - 08/11/05 06:11 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Excessive alcohol = severe brain/liver/pancreas/throat damage/cancer.

You be the judge. Just understand the serious harm you're doing to yourself. You are excessively and habitually using one of the most dangerous drugs in existance.

--------------------

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Re: Too much drinking? [Re: SerioOria]
    #4523042 - 08/11/05 06:51 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

--------------------
We just met
But you're on it too

Edited by Mushie_Man (08/14/05 11:08 AM)

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4523216 - 08/11/05 07:35 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

I drink as many nights a week as I can (without work at 7 am) which is usually 3-4 completely trashed nights...

I like drinkin'  :toast:

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

#4523315 - 08/11/05 07:59 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Mushie Man  :sun:

Give it a break man, if you're thinking in the back of your mind that it could be a problem (start of a problem) then it probably is.

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Too much drinking? [Re: mikeyboy]
    #4523448 - 08/11/05 08:34 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

i don't see how people can drink so much. i don't like being drunk that much. just dont think it's a very good feeling. i like a nice buzz that 3 beers usually puts me in though.

i guess my heavy drinking phase ended in freshman year of college when i was getting absolutely hammered 3 nights a week. i dont know how i did it back then.

gimme a few joints and i'm happy.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineScrewjack
The InvisibleMan

Loc: Underground
    #4524826 - 08/12/05 02:13 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

I quit smoking pot a little over a year ago, it was making me paranoid/anxious/nervous all the time. And I filled that hole with alcohol, which was a terrible decision. I didn't drink nearly as much when i was smoking as i do now. I drink to get wasted pretty much everyday of the week, but recently i had a sort of wake-up call. I've had a problem with stomach acid and nausea since i was a teenager, which went away for about 4 years, and recently due to my binge drinking ive been completely crippled from nauseous pain and vomiting.

Don't let it get to the point where your body has to tell you something's wrong. That's the only advice I can give you.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Too much drinking? [Re: Screwjack]
    #4524876 - 08/12/05 02:21 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

That's the big problem, what do you do to replace marijuana? What's safer? What's as safe? What can be done daily or at least semi-weekly, or even weekly without many ill results? (this coming from me who's throat still feels very messed up and hasn't smoked in 2 weeks)

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (08/12/05 02:21 AM)

OfflineScrewjack
The InvisibleMan

Loc: Underground
Re: Too much drinking? [Re: leery11]
    #4525235 - 08/12/05 03:58 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

I'm not sure if there's anything, infact I'm quite certain there isn't a safe replacement for marijuana. Alot of us go through life thinking we need some sort of crutch, or an alteration of reality. Alot of us are also scared of the possibility of life without a crutch (I hate calling it that but shit, it's true). To be more content with ourselves or to be more comfortable socially whether we realize it or not.

To answer Mushie Man's question of how much is too much, which i meant to answer in my previous post, i think too much is drinking more then you need in any scenario (to be social, to relax etc.). I'm the kind of guy who will buy 12 beers and I won't be able to sleep (or pass out) until its all gone. Which is sad. Limit drinking to when you're with buddies, friends, acquaintances, women, men whatever. Never drink alone. The fear of falling over and/or puking on someone should keep your drinking in check.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Re: Too much drinking? [Re: leery11]
    #4525739 - 08/12/05 09:47 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Thanks for all the replies, it's given me a good wake up call that maybe i do over exceed in alcohol. I woke up today with the first thought being "Man i need a beer... shit, i drank all the beer". Once the cans were all finished last night me and my alcoholic buddy moved onto some cheap ass out-of-date bucks-fizz and then onto some cheap ass champagne, which was too cheap to drink, so we called it a night.

My friend is 100% alcoholic, it has been that way the past year or so now. Lately i find myself drinking alot more often with the guy, like tonight, were going out drinking and then probably going back to his or my place and move onto some spirits until were unable to move or to the point we pass out.

I can easily see myself following the same path, iv seen what the impact alcohol has been on his life, he has damaged relationships and gets aggressive towards friends for no apparent reason. Other than the mood swings your got the memory loss and not the mention the big hole in your wallet.

If i find myself sliding too far, ill turn back.

Mushie Man :beer:

--------------------
We just met
But you're on it too

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4525743 - 08/12/05 09:48 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

switch to single malt scotch

Offlinecuriouskittin
Weilii Princess<3
 User Gallery

Loc: *in the island of magic*
    #4525957 - 08/12/05 11:45 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

I'll admit, since I've only been 21 for about two months, I've been *kinda* maybe drinking too much (as far as my standards go). Its not an every day thing but more than the "weekend" thing that it was in college. I have drank at times that it was innapropriate, such as a 40 before my first day of work... but, I attribute that to the desire to self-medicate the extreme anxiety I was having at the time, since then I have got on kpins and since THEN have been trying to ween myself off them (it was a very lose rx dose that I had taken for maybe one week total). Anyway, "Moderation is the key."

--------------------
WWW.WEILII.COM ^*Psilocybe Weilii Information*^

Curious?

<3
i will tell you in another life, when we are both cats.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Re: Too much drinking? [Re: curiouskittin]
    #4527830 - 08/12/05 09:28 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Oh man,im so fucking wrecked again.

..really bored, my alcoholic buddy has paaed out.

--------------------
We just met
But you're on it too

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Too much drinking? [Re: curiouskittin]
    #4527852 - 08/12/05 09:35 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah, since I turned 21, pot has become a rarity, goign out and getting hammered at bars and stuff has replaced the sitting around smoking thing.  Now I don't know what I like better :shrug:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being