Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDeviate
Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: Swami]
    #4521925 - 08/11/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i think thats the whole point of enlightenment swami. in other words thats exactly what an enlightened person would do while the unenlightened would fret over becomming enlightened and how to squeeze in time for laundry. or is that the point you were making?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: Deviate]
    #4521934 - 08/11/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"Finding Ecstasy in the Downy Softness of It All" by Swami, coming soon to a Barnes and Noble near you!

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4521942 - 08/11/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
As I am very pragmatic, I just skip enlightenment and do the laundry. It saves a step  :tongue2:.

But you need more soap. :wink:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4522023 - 08/11/05 12:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Everything?

Can I say it one more time:

Quote:

Everything

Everything is divine. Not just you.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4522033 - 08/11/05 12:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup: Yes! we don't have knowledge what goes on in other animals and life forms, but it is divine also. The divine is expressed in us according to our nature.

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: Icelander]
    #4522043 - 08/11/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This is taken from "Cleansing the Doors of Perception" by Huston Smith.

"Thus far I have defined a realized human being, what the Indians call a jivamukta. It remains to describe one. What would it feel like to be such a person, and how would one appear to others?

Basically, she lives in the unvarying presence of the numinous. This does not mean that she is excited or "hyped"; her condition has nothing to do with adrenaline flow or manic states that call for depressive ones to balance the emotional account. It's more like what Kipling had in mind when he said of one of his characters, 'He believed that all things were one big miracle, and when a man knows that much he knows something to go upon.' The opposite of the sense of the sacred is not serenity or sobriety. it is drabness; taken-for-grantedness. Lack of interest. The humdrum and prosaic. The deadly sin of acedia.

All other attributes of a realized being must be relativized against this one absolute: an acute sense of the astonishing mystery of everything. Everything else we say of him must have a yes/no quality. Is he always happy? Well, yes and no. On one level he emphatically is not; if he were, he couldn't 'weep with those who mourn' - he would be an unfeeling monster, a callous brute. If anything, a realized soul is MORE in touch with the grief and sorrow that is part and parcel of the human condition, knowing that it too needs to be accepted and lived as all life needs to be lived. To reject the shadow side of life and pass it by with averted eyes, refusing our share of common sorrow while expecting our share of common joy, would cause the unlived, closed-off shadows in us to deepen into fear, including the fear of death.

If a jivamutka isn't forever radiating sweetness and light, neither does he constantly emit blasts of energy. He can be forceful when need be; we find it restoring rather than draining to be around him, and he has reserves to draw on, as when Socrates stood all night in trance and outpaced the militia with bare feet on iec. In general, though, we sense him as compsed rather than charged - the model of the dynamic and magnetic personality tends to have a lot of ego in it for needing to be noticed. Remember: everything save the adept's access to inner vistas, the realms of gold I am calling the sacred unconscious, must be relativized. if leadership is called for, he steps forward; if not, he is pleased to follow. He isn't debarred from being a guru, but he doesn't need disciples to prop up his ego. Focus or periphery, limelight or shadow, it doesn't really matter. both have their opportunities, both the demands they exact.

All these relativities that I have mentioned - happiness, energy, prominence, impact - pertain to the jiveamukta's finite self which she progressively pushes aside as she makes her way toward her sacred unconscious. As her goal is an impersonal, impartial one, her identification with it involves a dying to her finite selfhood. Part of her being is engaged in a perpetual vanishing act, as Coormaraswamy suggested when he wrote, 'Blessed is the man on whose tomb can be written, 'Hic jacet nemo', here lies no one.'"

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: dblaney]
    #4522063 - 08/11/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup: I like.

'Hic jacet nemo', here lies no one.'"

I want this one on my grave stone ( don't really want a gravestone)

"Once I wasn't.
Then I was.
Now I ain't again.    :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4522072 - 08/11/05 01:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i think thats the whole point of enlightenment swami. in other words thats exactly what an enlightened person would do while the unenlightened would fret over becomming enlightened and how to squeeze in time for laundry. or is that the point you were making?

Um, yeah! That's exactly what I was saying. How would you like to be appointed vice-guru?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #4522093 - 08/11/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

WAAAIT a minute...didn't you promise that job to Diploid?

I sense a mutiny brewing...

Offlinebubbles
OverLord

Loc: London
    #4522129 - 08/11/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

lovely thoughts guys :grin:, id say id say enlightenment is being in the here and now and not even considering going back. present moment with a timeless twist. contains everything on every level. the enlightenenment concept is unecessary, just be. when humans stopped taking magic mushrooms on a self medicating basis :shroomer: we developed complex language patterns, literature and money:satan:. this shaped our reality, we fractioned away from other animals and from being directly (still a bit) aware of gaia and gaia's ermm... "thoughts". we developed our own collective human consciousness or unconsciousness depending on the attitude of the human in question. we lost a part of our selves, on the up side DAMN do we have a lot to show for it . i wonder if the planet does think we are out of control.

...anyway i think the easiest way to remain "enlightened" is meditation or activities that give the brain some air, activities that provide mental stimulation, awareness expansion e.g. hallucinogens:psychsplit:, lucid dreaming or other forms of meditation and lastly psysical activity (your bodys just a vessle but it shouldn't be overlooked).

apart from that... have good friends, don't take work 2 seriously and dont shirk away from difficult situations.

love is difficult, i dont like the word. without drugs iv only had a few definate experiences of loving the universe and it loving me back. and since my 1st experince of it i have had problems with taking other peoples "love" seriously. especially when its supposed to apply to me.

i only meant to write a quick one liner. goood thread

:hippie: peace :peace:

--------------------
"the modeling chalenge for the future is human history. we will no longer be playing games, we will be proposing actual models and methods to begin to shape the world" Terence McKenna

"Yes, but no sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall KILL you" stewie griffin

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
    #4523259 - 08/11/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
there is no such thing as enlightened retirement

:thumbup:

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

OfflineLiquid_Silver
Stranger

Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #4523490 - 08/11/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
To be in a state of perputal Love. To be a creature of Love. To know nothing but the values of Love. To be divine is to be of Love, for love and in love with all thing at all times.

And at the same time, dealing with your freewill. To always make the choice to Love and be Love. :heart:

Wow beautiful thread man.

This post is also Beautiful, If you can't call this, the one description for "Divine" then you may want to look deeper in. The beauty in the post, and what the speaker is trying to say, and what it actually means is incredibly beautiful and I think with in it's own right Divine.

5 Shrooms for every one. If I could.

Edited by Liquid_Silver (08/11/05 06:51 PM)

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4523913 - 08/11/05 09:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
To be in a state of perputal Love. To be a creature of Love. To know nothing but the values of Love. To be divine is to be of Love, for love and in love with all thing at all times.

And at the same time, dealing with your freewill. To always make the choice to Love and be Love. :heart:

so only humans can be divine?

Hum...... No I think any creature is divine when it is what is was meant to be. That it is at the piniacle of the purpouse for which it was created. Divine is liken to perfection or the end of the path has been achieved.

God is a Divine being as was Jesus or I should say Jesus became Divine

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4524144 - 08/11/05 10:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"everything communes with everything, through light.."
-Unknwon :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4524815 - 08/12/05 12:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

To be in a state of perputal Love.

No comprende.

If you are not personally in a state of perpetual love then you cannot state that is what enlightenment is. If you were in a perpetual state of love then ALL of your comments and actions would reflect this state.

Please explain this contradiction.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4524929 - 08/12/05 12:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Steps to enlightenment.

1. Go to a surgeon.

2. Have surgeon amputate your ego.

3. There's no step 3.

There's no step 3?!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #4524976 - 08/12/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Icelander

The term 'enlightenment' has been polluted by being thrown around for 10,000 years. There is no way any of us can know exactly what you are asking. Can you put your question into words without using that term?

You also ask if it is possible to awake (up from our conditioning?). Do you consider this a seperate question, or a different way to ask the same question? Have you thought if this is the same question or a different question?

I think I detect some muddy thinking (or use of terminology) in your question. It is impossible to get a clear answer to a muddy question. You need to clarify what you are asking. I might have a couple interesting thoughts on this if I can get at what you are actually asking.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: tomk]
    #4525329 - 08/12/05 02:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The term 'enlightenment' has been polluted by being thrown around for 10,000 years.

Wrong! Do you just make stuff up?

--------------------

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #4525703 - 08/12/05 07:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What I mean is that so many people use it to mean so many different things that each of us is going to have a different thing in our heads when we hear that term. So, we need to clarify the definition, so that we all have the same thing in our heads when he uses this term. I'm only wrong if you deliberately take the most obtuse reading possible just to be a pain in the ass. You wouldn't do that, would you Swami?

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: Gomp]
    #4525708 - 08/12/05 07:09 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
"everything communes with everything, through light.."
-Unknwon :smile:

Eckhart Tolle could have said this. But he didn't :grin: I think this idea is worth exploring in another thread. I have talked about this idea before. Gomp  :thumbup: :heart:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate