Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: Icelander]
    #4535021 - 08/15/05 03:58 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

To answer quickly, yes, you are enlightened. Always were and always will be.

If I could explain this I would say that there is an external superficial part of you that is supremely disconnected from unconditional love. It exists on a channel where it is alone, threatened and at an energetic war with everything else in existance. At the same time, there is an internal undercurrent that knows nothing but eternal forgiveness and acceptance and embrace and encouragement. Never are you just one or the other for the whole spectrum exists simeltaneously. You choose where your focus resides predominantly and also how much of this universe you feel. Where you choose to perceive within this wave of consciousness is your choice but just because you have chosen to be on a frequency within this range does not make the rest of the whole experience out-of-play or move out of existance. Its all still there doing its thing. Always.

I would not say that enlightenment is something that is attained but rather realised as a state that exists. We define enlightenment as the state beyond what we normally perceive. To some, enlightenment is forgiving their parents for childhood conditioning. For another, enlightenment is learning compassion for strangers and letting go of egotistical battles. I'm sure its entirely different for everyone and at the same time probably quite similar. I think we instinctively yearn to reach higher lighter frequencies and while we are in a body with definitions we attach 'enlightenment' to whatever the next progression will be for us.

With all that being said, from what I have observed of your interactions on this forum Icelander, I would say you are a ledgend and that you are truly enlightened.

I think its very possible to have an enlightened retirement. Eventually you begin to see all things in the world as essential and good and the seperation melts away. The overall feeling of 'all is good' kicks in an ever increasing fashion. The boundaries dissapear and your ability to manifest what you desire expands in an infinite style.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: iambobby]
    #4535106 - 08/15/05 04:25 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yipee!  :thumbup: Enlightened retirement? Well I hope you're right because I'm getting to that age. And thank you for the kind words. I must admit I liked hearing them weather true or not. :wink:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4535120 - 08/15/05 04:28 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

"To answer quickly, yes, you are enlightened. Always were and always will be."

Congratulations on your enlightenment...now you can relax without further need of worry. How about throwing an enlightenment party for yourself?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4535140 - 08/15/05 04:32 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
"To answer quickly, yes, you are enlightened. Always were and always will be."

Congratulations on your enlightenment...now you can relax without further need of worry. How about throwing an enlightenment party for yourself?

Hue, I have this fantasy where I am rich and have a large beatiful spread and houses. I send planefare to all my S&P friends and we meet in person and see what happens. You and I will have to take a hike into the hills, to meet whatever is out there. :thumbup: :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4535148 - 08/15/05 04:34 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

"You and I will have to take a hike into the hills, to meet whatever is out there"

That doesn't mean you will kick my ass does it?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4535335 - 08/15/05 05:18 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, relax into the enlightenment :laugh: :slomo:

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

#4535380 - 08/15/05 05:33 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Who would have thought it could be so easy? No more struggle filled existance, doubting ourselves, beating our egos into submission in order to reach the ultimate humility. I think we can just accept it now. Enlightenment for everyone! Not just for those who follow the elite paths where only a few reach it. Anybody can tap into it and feel it whatever it is.

The version of enlightenment I subscribe to in this time of my life is the type where you can let yourself dive into different philosophies and allow yourself to enter into anothers belief system and take on board what you like and leave what you don't. To have an open mindedness that gives you the freedom to allow others to think and believe what they like without needing to try and control them. Being truly compassionate and open and surrendering and all that jazz.

At the same time, its letting yourself be a control freak and utilizing whatever shadow power and tricks of the trade you have acquired in order to protect yourself and fight for what you believe in.

I see it as playing the oneness game and playing the war game at the same time. Living the duality and being able to ride a seamless journey between polarities. Feeling the hate. Feeling the love. A continually increasing adaptability between the extremes until maybe they begin the merge as one force, not opposed but united.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4535546 - 08/15/05 06:10 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

More nice stuff. I tend to agree, it's all about the experience. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4536796 - 08/15/05 12:14 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

iambobby said:
Yes, relax into the enlightenment :laugh: :slomo:

this is part of it
the explanation that followed
describes a particular game play
not part of it

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
    #4537053 - 08/15/05 04:25 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

"The overall feeling of 'all is good' kicks in an ever increasing fashion. The boundaries dissapear and your ability to manifest what you desire expands in an infinite style."

Isn't this contradictory? If all is truly good, why would desires still linger?

I once heard a wise monk stating that "Free Will" is an oxymoron. We must free the will, let go of will. Then only Free remains.  :crazy:

OfflineVarthDader
Lark Sord ofDith
Loc: Uranus
Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: dorkus]
    #4562935 - 08/21/05 11:19 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

No you are not.

simple logic, right (?) . if you were enlightened you would not ask this question...

I have a feeling, that what we are doing our entire life (ofcourse Im really just talking about myself) ... well .. what I am doing ... what I am doing is basically always trying to change, trying to evolve, trying to "be" something ...

I started out as young, trying to learn, trying to understand, trying to do well in school, to be liked , to succeed ... and somewhere along the line, I got issapointed with it .. you know, chasing money, job, car, house .. the stuff ...

so I started chasing "spiritual growth" --- "enlightenment" --- "mushrooms and drugs" ---- "god"

what if all of this is the same?

what if my chasing after enlightenment or "truth" or "god, is exactly the same as my chasing the money, the job and the cars (or the sex og the drugs or whatever `)

You know what Im saying?

when I say "I would like to be enlightened"

or

I would like to experience "truth" or "infinity" or "god"

what I am really saying is "Im am not happy with things as they are. With myself. with my life"

"i feel something is missing. I want more. I need more"

you see?

this way we live our lifes .. allways dreaming about change and discovery .. allways dreaming about becoming something else than we are .. something better, bigger, more devine

do you see the stupidity in this?

don?t you see, that this is exactly the one and only thing preventing you from being perfectly happy right now?

you own thinking that you are not perfectly happy right now

your wanting to be enlightened, will prevent you from being enlightened forever

give up the search

be happy being you, be happy living your life

stop running away

running away through drugs, through religion, through searching for "enlightenment" og "truth" or "god"

stop looking for it. You are allready there.

You are allready here

this is where it is, isn?t it marvellous ?

PS sorry my english suck Im stoned and foreigner

OfflineVarthDader
Lark Sord ofDith
Re: Am I enlightened? [Re: VarthDader]
    #4563048 - 08/21/05 11:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

oh yes, by the way, what is the purpose of asking someone else whether or not "enlightenment" exists ?

Why don?t you just find out for yourself?

If you have read just a tiny bit of the books and "experts" on the subjects, you will have discovered, that there are some who claim it exists, and some who claim it doesnt.

What can you do with that?

pretty much nothing, right?

I mean, there are som really clever genius gurus out there, who will tell you that it exists, or that it doesnt

so what?

some people will telle you that ufo?s came down and took elvis away

what would be interesting in my oppinion, would be to discover for oneself, whether there is such a thing as "enlightenment" or not?

I would like to see elvis myself

I wonder how anyone would do such a thing?

don?t you?

I wonder what would happened if one would womehow stop wondering about this

simply stop

like : I don?t know if there is such a thing as "enlightenment" ... I have no idea what it is ... it is not simething that I know myself or have any experience with or have ever seen in my real life

maybe this would be "honesty" ?

maybe this would free up some energy which could be directed into "daily life"? .. "life today"? .... and not into some childish fantasy about "enlightenment" or "gods" or "demons"

OfflineVarthDader
Lark Sord ofDith
    #4563074 - 08/21/05 11:55 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

PS PS PS

I like very much the "uncoditional love"-view

I think thats much close to what I see

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

OfflineVarthDader
Lark Sord ofDith
    #4563082 - 08/21/05 11:59 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

welease bwian

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4563086 - 08/22/05 12:00 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

stop looking for it. You are allready there.

You are allready here

Well which is it? First you say I ain't and then you say I is. :grin: :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4563089 - 08/22/05 12:02 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Your post was the point of this thread and why I was questioning our definition of enlightenment. I agree with you. :heart: Welcome to the shroomery. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineVarthDader
Lark Sord ofDith
    #4563091 - 08/22/05 12:03 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

well .... I did ...

guess its up to you ?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom