Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineInTheFlesh17
Stranger
Some general newbie questions
    #4501299 - 08/05/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hi, soon I am about to embark on my first mushroom experience. Just a few questions for the experienced users.

1. What dosage would you reccomend for a first time? (aproximate obviously)

2. I have a whole playlist of music set out for this event specifically but I was wondering if any of you reccomend any particular music that was good for you while tripping?

3. Lastly by using the tea does it reduce the length of the trip, because I have heard that the tea brings the effects on quicker, I was wondering does that mean a shorter trip?

Thanks for whatever help you can give, and I will be sure to type up a trip report afterwards.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleking_cobra
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Some general newbie questions *DELETED* [Re: InTheFlesh17]
    #4501507 - 08/05/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by king_cobra

Reason for deletion: j

--------------------

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: Some general newbie questions [Re: king_cobra]
    #4501737 - 08/05/05 09:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Typically tea does give you a shorter trip. But you trip really hard, for a couple of hours. If you want to prolong the trip drink a second dose about 45min after your first dose, this will help it stick around a little longer
I wouldn't recomend an 1/8 for the first time. If there good, 1.5 is probably a better dose. But of course it's your decision. GL and be safe! :mushroom2: :biggrin:

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

OfflineChRoNiCk420
untitled

Re: Some general newbie questions [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #4502483 - 08/06/05 12:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, and eighth might be too much for a first time. 1.5-2 grams, I would say. What I used to do is eat half my dose while drinking the other dose in tea. This provides a medium between faster come up and longer/more intense trip, imo

--------------------
Nothing's more magical than a mushroom. =)
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
--:~~~-.oOo o`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

Invisibledoubledutch
Morado PR

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: Some general newbie questions [Re: ChRoNiCk420]
    #4502540 - 08/06/05 12:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

1. Take 1/8th

2. If you like techno or electronica get Shpongle, Infected Mushroom, and some scratch like DJ Shadow or DJ Qbert. If you like classic rock and guitar, get Pink Floyd or some Widespread Panic. I usually listen to ambient synth techno or scratch.

3. If you end up pissing ("breaking the seal" as some people call it) then yeah, it will. That's the reason more tea's needed. I'd suggest just an 1/8th dry eaten another way.

--------------------
"A delightful, wholesome experience for the family." - Desson Thomson, THE WASHINGTON POST

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post5481456

omfg~dutch!

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Some general newbie questions [Re: doubledutch]
    #4502915 - 08/06/05 02:06 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

1. id say anywhere from 1/2 of an 8th to an 8th.. my first time 1/2 8th and i tripped like none other..

2. fuck music.. look at the stars and have fun my dude

3. tea causes shrooms to lose its potency in the long run but as said ealier u do trip hard for the first.. id say hour. depending on the size of the dose..

hope u find this helpful

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Some general newbie questions [Re: PerfectlyDefectd]
    #4503274 - 08/06/05 07:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Actually there is no noticable potency loss when making tea, assuming you don't boil it. I usually make tea as I don't enjoy eating them very much.
I make it by boiling water, then bringing it down to a very low heat, then mix in my ground or finely broken up mush. Simmer with lid on, mashing the bits down if it isnt ground a few times, then strain after 15 minutes. Anoter run at that with new water for 5-10 minutes will get everything you need outta the mush. Strain again, drink and hold on.
It definatly comes on faster, and a little bit stronger. I would say it shortens the trip a little maybe. For a first time, you might have an easier time eating them, so it doesn't hit you so fast. But if you're taking a half eighth, then I doubt tea would do you wrong.
Have a great time man!! Post up a report afterward if you feel like it, its always interesting hearing about peoples first experiences.

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: Some general newbie questions [Re: day_tripper]
    #4504824 - 08/06/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I would recommend 1.5 - 2 grams for a first trip.

As someone said, Shpongle is out of this world when tripping. If you have a choice, find the CD "Are You Shpongled" Watch out for music that might be too meaty or heavy for your first trip.

Invisibledoubledutch
Morado PR

Re: Some general newbie questions [Re: Tranceport]
    #4520348 - 08/10/05 11:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Day tripper has the right idea about the tea. PerfectlyDefectd... people talk about tea being less potent and stuff for a number of reasons, but you take that at face value. Consider why. First, the trip comes on first because chemicals in liquids (gelcap pills anyone?) come on sooner than solids. Even quicker than chemicals in liquid, are chemicals when chewed. According to National Geographic (early 2000s) shrooms would be most potent and come on soonest if chewed to a paste and then held and moved around (re-chewed continuously) the tissues of the mouth. The reason people talk about tea being not so potent - have you ever heard beer drinkers talk about "breaking the seal?" (I guess eskimos do this often, too?) Well, the beer drinkers are talking about the first time you pee after drinking, and you're pissing out the remains of what could be still-active alcohol (that would be absorbed by intestinal and stomach tissue). In this case, you're breaking the seal and pissing out psilocibin that could still be active by flushing a large portion of your gastro system (which is where the shrooms are and take effect from). Make sure you've had a good piss before you drink the tea, limit your caffeine intake so you won't piss so much, and when and if you do piss, drink it again to recycle. Just kidding, but other than drinking your own piss, what I've said is true.

--------------------
"A delightful, wholesome experience for the family." - Desson Thomson, THE WASHINGTON POST

omfg~dutch!

Invisibledoubledutch
Morado PR

#4520395 - 08/10/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Tea is the best.

"Personally, I have a tea-maker. It is a small ceramic kettle (3 to 4 cups worth) with a removable wiremesh cup in the top opening. You just have the pot empty (no water) and then have a mixture of 1 part loose green tea and 3 parts chopped up roomies (as friggin small as you can get those fuckers - use the chive roll-chopping tecnique on a cutting board). After the wiremesh cup is full you pour your boiling water through it and into the kettle, filling it to its brim and submerging the cage. Put the top on, and let brew. After you have poured the cup, sprinkle a few more of your leftover chopped roomies into it (floating like chives in wonton soup) and spritz with lemon or orange. Never posted before, my favorite recipe... enjoyed often and created by myself. Hope you enjoy it as much as me. 8)"

I posted that in another thread, but... enjoy it still. Tea makers like the one I've posted here can be had online cheaply. Your nearest Wal*Mart will have them. If you happen to have a T.J.Maxx retail store nearby (check your phone book) then you're in tea heaven and can pick up a lovely set for cheap. You can hold teaparties with ALL of your dolls.

http://teaselect.com/images/bamboo_teapot_black_inside.jpg
There's a picture of the cage I'm talking about (more like a mesh cup) inside the kettle. My tea kettle is grand and my cups are beautiful. T.J.Maxx for supercheap.

--------------------

omfg~dutch!

OfflineSinistral
Stranger

Loc: NH
    #4520410 - 08/10/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My first time I ate an 1/8 and absolutely loved it and can honestly say had THE best time of my life, on of my buddies though can honestly say it was his worst. Depends on you, can you handle not having total control? Everybody's different bro.

And as for music, try some different things. Sometimes music you would never listen to sober, can sound like the best thing you've ever heard trippin'.

:smile:

Just remember, positive vibes dude.  :hippie:

OfflineBigBallZMaN
Knowledge Quest

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: Some general newbie questions [Re: Sinistral]
    #4523298 - 08/11/05 05:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Eat an 8th.
Listen to PF or psychadelic rock. Look at stars like someone said.
Dont bother with tea. With cubensis its a waste, you lost potency. Only make tea when you have fresh, and really nasty shrooms like when u go out and pick a bunch of really weak blue ringers (stunzii) or something along those lines. Unless you really make tea right, it loses potency and its only worth it if you eat the goo left behind, so why not just eat it. Cubensis dont taste bad as it is.

--------------------
Our body is light, we are immortal.
Our body is love, we are eternal.
Eternal..

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale