Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinestrl
-
Loc: The Balkans
Picture hunting in the park
    #4519151 - 08/10/05 07:51 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yesterday, I felt somewhat depressed, and everything seemed boring to me.
So I packed my camera and a couple of tripods, and went to the park for a walk. We have this so-called "Hunter's Park" in the middle of Sofia, which is a huge mixed forest. There are several boulevards that cut through it, so it's rather noisy (you always hear cars speeding somewhere), and there's a lot of litter scattered around the place,
but anyway, it is a home of all sorts of creatures (I even spotted a baby deer!).
Despite the major annoyances (such as kids biking and hordes of violent mosquitoes trying to eat me alive), I managed to have a recreational walk, and to make some pictures.

At first, I was finding mostly puffballs like this one:

Half an hour later, I stumbled upon this guy:

I should have used the flash to make the dark areas of the shot brighter, but in the shades, the picture felt right.
I was somewhat annoyed that there were no LBMs around. Nothing resembled even remotely an active one. Of course, I knew that it's too early for the interesting species to pop up, but anyway, I am always hoping to find something... Don't we all do?
But there were these little babies:

(some sort of Marasmius or Mycena). There were also some other species
fruiting from a dead branch, but the specimens looked to dried out, although pretty.
I also found an LBM with a scaly cap (possible Inocybe), but didn't shoot it as it wasn't really fresh.
Suddenly, an orange spot caught my eye, and there was this beauty, in all its freshness and glory:

It looked so cue and innocent that I decided not to disturb it, so no gills shot.
As I walked further, I met two policemen walking their horses around.
Bingo, I thought, here are my drug dealers!
Exited, I walked further, looking for grassy patches and meadows. Unfortunately, I was out of luck. I was finding occasional dung piles with.. nothing growing on them. Well, perhaps next time. I got bored with the grassy areas (mainly because of all the people there), so I descended into the woods again.. to find this amazing thing:

and to happily finish my walk with this shot:

After making the last one, I felt happy and satisfied, and went to a local bar for a beer.
After all, Semilanceata and friends will start popping up in about a month, and by then, I won't be hunting for them in the city.

--------------------
strl is the reverse lrts

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewallace
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Picture hunting in the park [Re: strl]
    #4525660 - 08/12/05 07:30 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Nice pictures! But I do think you should think about id-ing them further though. (What about those damn puffballs, eh?) And once you get in the id mode, you won't be worried about sacrificing them. I now sacrifice ever mushroom I find that I am interested in for the sake of science.

--------------------
Wallace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification