Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Something simpler.
    #4518659 - 08/10/05 05:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i am new to the area i live and have no connections. i simply want some shrooms for about 9 good trips.

i have been perusing the forums for about a week for something extremely simple just to create a small batch and have 2-3 good times. expense is not the problem...but i am not going to cultivate these babies in my house. nor will i probably desire to trip again for years so...

this may sound ridiculous, but i wanted to know if i order a syringe of cubes from ralphster or some such place and squirt it on/in some fresh cow patties and then stir it up real good and place it in my yard...will it produce??? if so, approx how much could i expect to yield?

if not this method, does anyone have some advice on a similar simple method which will get me this small amount i'm hoping for?

EDIT: keep in mind i do mind giving them any necessary care(watering, etc...) outside.

Edited by Bamaman (08/10/05 05:26 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Something simpler. [Re: Bamaman]
    #4518665 - 08/10/05 05:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, it's called hunting,lol.

Your idea probably won't work.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Re: Something simpler. [Re: HippieChick]
    #4518684 - 08/10/05 05:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i don't have my own field and i don't know anyone who does...

i'm a bit too old to feel comfortable trespassing and risking the consequences of getting caught with shrooms in hand as i leave a field.

why would it probably not work?

do you have anything real to add besides "probably" like the reason why or at least an alternative simple method...if not then don't bother posting....i wouldn't want to waste YOUR time.... thanks.

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
    #4518699 - 08/10/05 05:24 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

some reading for you to look at...

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23532

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4518704 - 08/10/05 05:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

because the poo is not likely to colonize from just having spores shot in it and mixed up. conditions need to be right for the spores to germinate and grow into a health colony of myc.
i suggest you do some searching and reading and more reading before you attempt anything, otherwise i am sure you are doomed to failure.

peace

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Re: Something simpler. [Re: backupwards]
    #4518715 - 08/10/05 05:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i've read moes outdoor growing, i read the cultivation guides they all appear to be aimed at someone who wants to do this in a serious or longterm manner.

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4518736 - 08/10/05 05:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

no it doesn't have to be geared that way, that is just the way you are looking at it. if you are looking to be successful then you need to take some kind of guidance from these teks and apply them to your situation. otherwise you will be disappointed in the outcome of your endeavor.
peace

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Something simpler. [Re: backupwards]
    #4518849 - 08/10/05 06:11 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You need to put some work into this. You cant just snap your fingers and go "their done". You need to decide if you want it enough to work for it. If not, then forget it now, if so, then do it up. You could get a syringe and make a few batches of PF Cakes, then go throw those out into poo, you cant get much simpler then that.

And dont ask why it wont work and then be a dick, until you can explain to me why you cant fill a syringe with seman and inject it into a womans bloodstream and expect her to get pregnant. Cause its not done that way. The person was just trying to help you out when you asked a question, we dont feel the need to explain "why" everytime someone goes "hey can I just shoot spores up my nose and have mushrooms grow"..thats the same as saying "hey can I shoot spores into a pile of shit". If you dont want people to respond, then dont post to begin with if your going to be an ass to people.

Read this:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4304709/an/0/page/0

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Re: Something simpler. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4522922 - 08/11/05 06:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

not trying to be a dick, just trying to get info and weed out those who have nothing informative to add. with all do respect to your forums there appears to be quite a bit of folks that fall into that category. "try hunting lol" and "probably not" neither helps nor informs.

i have some sincere curiousity and simply wanted some sincere help.

_________
_________

back to the subject...i appreciate your analogy(artificial insemination) and that makes some sense to me. i was simply trying to follow a chain of logic from facts that i have gathered from the resources found here.

1. certain cubes grow outdoors naturally in my area
2. these cubes spores thrive in cow dung
3. i can buy such spores as that which are found naturally in my area
4. i can get some fresh cow dung
5. i can add thousands of said spores directly into the dung
6. i can control the amount of sun and water the dung receives

soooo....by those facts i'm not sure i understand why it would probably not work. the semen in the bloodstream scenario, would only be equivelant of what i am proposing if i had said horse dung instead of cow dung, or something that didn't fall in line with the known facts 1-6.

according to other posters here, when transplanting cow patties(from pasture to ones yard) approx 1 out of 5 can produce shrooms without extra thousands of viable spores being introduced.

based on all this; it would seem that what i am proposing would increase those fairly good odds considerably.

has anyone actually tried this and recorded it's success rates?

or is everyone so used to doing the cake method that no one has given this straightforward approach any credence?

or maybe the yield is so comparitively low to the cake method it is considered too ineffecient?

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4523025 - 08/11/05 06:44 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

this may sound ridiculous, but i wanted to know if i order a syringe of cubes from ralphster or some such place and squirt it on/in some fresh cow patties and then stir it up real good and place it in my yard...will it produce??? if so, approx how much could i expect to yield?

It won't work...expect nothing if you try this.

Quote:

not trying to be a dick, just trying to get info and weed out those who have nothing informative to add. with all do respect to your forums there appears to be quite a bit of folks that fall into that category. "try hunting lol" and "probably not" neither helps nor informs.

Thats a pretty f#cked up attitude to bring in here when you are asking for help.
This is a great community...don't be so quick to judge people.
:eek:

You can not just put spores into cow manure and have mushrooms pop up like it happens in nature.

You will have to colonize some kind of substrate...then spawn that into the cow manure or horse poo.

Please read some of the teks we have posted here at the Shroomery.

I really don't want to help you...with the attitude your throwing out.

have a nice f#cking day!~

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Something simpler. [Re: Roadkill]
    #4523061 - 08/11/05 06:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

first off we have a search function, you should spend some time learning how mushrooms grow. Once you realize that you need specific temps, humidity, light cycles, and other factors you'll realize that covering a mound of poo with spores is more then likely not going to produce jack.

Probably not is a great answer, its hard to give someone a 100% guaruntee, there is ALWAYS room for failure/mistakes/bad luck. SO probably not is a good answer since there is the slightest chance you would have success, but more then likely you will fail. Point being there about 238928329083 different ways you can go about growing mushrooms and yours is def not one of them, why not learn about the successful methods first? There a bunch of ways to grow outside and are really not any harder then some of the basic teks you will find.

Cultivating mushies is EASY, people may scoff at that but if you follow directions to the letter you will produce some sort of flush at the end. If i can get a 1/2 oz dry using the simplest of teks then anyone can do it. Start off by reading the pf tek, then learn about grains, and then read moes outdoor tek. I think with that combination of reading you should have a decent grasp on how things work and will be ready to start the process.

In the future, dont hold such an elitist attitude regarding other members. We are all here to help you when you need it, if you dont like another members reply disregard it, or ask them to be more specific/clear/whatever. Otherwise no one is going to be inclined to help you and what good is that?

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleThinkPink
Cheese Farmer
 User Gallery
    #4523129 - 08/11/05 07:11 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If your too old to go looking in fields for shit, then you should have enough life experience to know when you do anything half-assed, you end up with what your too old to look for.... shit.
And please don't chastise someone with more than 1500 posts and plenty of experience, for not explaining why you cant just throw spores on some shit and get 200g+ of shrooms (enough for about 9 trips). If you READ some simple stuff on this site you will learn what to do, but no one here is going to explain that to you, especially if your a dick, so do your research.

--------------------
I tripped and fell into a revolution

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Something simpler. [Re: Roadkill]
    #4523378 - 08/11/05 08:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Roadkill said:
Quote:

It won't work...expect nothing if you try this.

Quote:

Thats a pretty f#cked up attitude to bring in here when you are asking for help.
This is a great community...don't be so quick to judge people.
:eek:

You can not just put spores into cow manure and have mushrooms pop up like it happens in nature.

You will have to colonize some kind of substrate...then spawn that into the cow manure or horse poo.

Please read some of the teks we have posted here at the Shroomery.

I really don't want to help you...with the attitude your throwing out.

have a nice f#cking day!~

:smile:

My sentiments exactly. Just because the people did not offer "help" to you as to why it wont work, does not mean they didnt have anything to offer. In fact, if you were sitting down with either of them, they could both school the hell out of you on growing mushrooms.

Your "facts" are incorrect, and that is why it IS like my analogy. How would you feel if you had people come to you every day asking why you cant artificially inciminate someone like that? After dozens and dozens of times over months, youd finally just start saying, because you cant its not done that way. You ask a question, and they gave you an answer. Just because it was one you didnt like, you want to be a dick.

Nature reproducing in nature is not the same as you trying to replicate the process simply by throwing some spores out there. Its been tried, and IT DOESNT WORK. Get over it and yourself. Fields dont just pop up, they are built over long periods of time, many spores spread out over a field MIGHT start 1 pile going which makes a shroom, then cows shit on that, eat it, trample it and spread the mycelium around. Mycelium is how things are kept going. You can put mycelium out there and once your fields start going, just add more manure and nature will do its things, but spores DO NOT thrive in cow dung, or manure of any kind.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4523432 - 08/11/05 08:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bamaman said:

1. certain cubes grow outdoors naturally in my area
2. these cubes spores thrive in cow dung
3. i can buy such spores as that which are found naturally in my area
4. i can get some fresh cow dung
5. i can add thousands of said spores directly into the dung
6. i can control the amount of sun and water the dung receives

1. sure they do.
2. somewhat, the colonies of myc are more than likely already there in the ground, then a cow shits there giving the myc some good nutrients to grow up and reproduce from. usually after a good rain. a cow doesn't shit and then have spores come blowing along and get in the shit and colonize it.
3. sure you can.
4. sure you can.
5. sure you can but at what cost? more than likely no return.
6. you can, so make it rain here in the northeast for me will ya.

good luck with your shit, i would really try to get some substrate colonized before you get to the shit. this will increase your odds dramatically.

peace

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

#4541947 - 08/16/05 12:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

QUOTE from scatmanrav(another thread):

"I hate every time this topic comes up..everyone goes "nope" and the poster goes "yeah-huh..cause of [insert assumptions and techno babble]". I wish some people would actually go and try it before posting lengthy lengthy debates based on guessing and assumptions, even if they are educated ones..then just show everyone."
_________
_________

interesting that you feel the same way, then bash me for expressing it.

i just wanted someone to say "we tried it", "they tried it", "everyone has tried it", "check this link to see why it doesn't work", etc....

instead of the ol'... "it won't work because we said it won't".

my mind tries to follow logic, and it always wants to know "WHY?", or at the very least show me someone who has failed doing what i have proposed.

you see scatman, i hate useless info with no facts to back them as well. and if expressing the desire to know "why" makes me an "ass", as you implied, then i guess we both are... :wink:

scatmanrav and bamaman = founders of the "shroomery ass coalition" [SAC]... :smile:

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4542374 - 08/16/05 02:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

What the hell are you talking about..what does me hating people bringing up adding tryptomines and DMT to substrates have anything to do with what your talking about? I posted in that thread because it has to do with THAT. People constantly post..oh yeah i'm gonna try adding this and that to make my mushrooms more potent..and then dont come back with any results..leaving the next person to come along in a month to post a debate about it again. I wish those people would just SHOW some damn results. I can show you plenty of results...what does that have to do with this thread at all? Thats a complex advanced topic, that started of in advanced mycology, before moving to this forum..when people post on advanced topics where no research exists, and start going off on theories on how things would work, I'd like to see them show me HOW it WOULD work, not how it wouldnt, and not explain to me the reason why it would work. You got the analogy mixed up though, Your the one comming in here telling me this stupid idea will work, and why...so instead of talking about it, like everyone else...go out and show me how it works if you think it does.

>i just wanted someone to say "we tried it", "they tried it", "everyone has tried it", "check this link to see why it doesn't work", etc....

A quote from my post above:
Quote:

Nature reproducing in nature is not the same as you trying to replicate the process simply by throwing some spores out there. Its been tried, and IT DOESNT WORK.

> "it won't work because we said it won't"

No IT WONT WORK BECAUSE IT WONT FUCKING WORK. Do we have to go fucking get pictures of it failing for you to believe it? just becasue were talling you it wont work, does not mean thats the reason. Just like if you tell me artifical incimination doesnt work the way described above..that doesnt mean the reason is because you say so...the reason were given and you seem to fucking ignorant to read or understand them.

Quote:

Fields dont just pop up, they are built over long periods of time, many spores spread out over a field MIGHT start 1 pile going which makes a shroom, then cows shit on that, eat it, trample it and spread the mycelium around. Mycelium is how things are kept going. You can put mycelium out there and once your fields start going, just add more manure and nature will do its things, but spores DO NOT thrive in cow dung, or manure of any kind.

That is why, I backed it up with facts..FUCKING NATURE. Spores DO NOT GERMINATE WELL ON SHIT>>>FACT.. Go fucking try it..I'm sick of this..go try it..just like ALL THE FUCKING OTHERS...and FAIL..just like all the fucking other ignorant idiots. Darwin at its best.

--------------------

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

#4542485 - 08/16/05 03:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i'm quite aware of the different subject matter...point is you like facts and knowledge over speculation as i do.

NOT ONE person showed me a single failed example of what i was asking. NOT ONE told me they had tried it or that they knew of a single person who tried it.

again you refer to failing like all the others...what others? you have done nothing but to tell me it won't work and used nature as your proof. so what others do you speak of?

i have done nothing less with this subject, than you did in the other thread with that subject.

IOW...."I wish some people would actually go and try it before posting lengthy lengthy debates based on guessing and assumptions, even if they are educated ones..then just show everyone"...[sound familiar?]

p.s. your an aggressive little bugger aren't you?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4542539 - 08/16/05 03:27 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

WHAT IM SAYING IS NOT SPECULATION.

DO you want people to take pictures of a cow pile with nothing growing in it? I did not and do not ask for people to show me FAILURES...I expect people to show me SUCESS that something worked if they want to claim it does and argue about it for post after post after post, like your doing. So far, there have only been failures, no successes. And no ones gonna go, look see all my failed pictures..and I certainly dont feel like drudging through old posts for you on this subject when numerous numerous numerous people go, yeah I'm gonna do this...and have no successes..you can do that yourself if you want.

Yes I'm agressive when people dont listen...its like talking to a brick wall here..How the fuck is what you did here (bring up an idea and ask for proof to show that it doesnt work) ANYTHING like what I did (read a topic that is debated often, and ask for proof from the ORIGINAL poster to prove what hes claiming DOES happen, not what doesnt)..again, I do not ask for failures..you want failures? There are lots of threads on this, go find them and YOU find me some proof that ti works, instead of going off with your (non techno) babble and (uneducated) opinions. What I did in the other thread is what I'm doing here too.. You want to tell me how it works...so tell me...how does it work. I've tried shooting spores into shit, and they dont fucking germinate. What the fuck more do you want?

--------------------

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

#4542624 - 08/16/05 03:49 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

blah...blah...blah

your mention of failures has absolutely no relevance since you obviously can't provide one example of anyone who tried it.

i expected nothing less than you did...if you can't accept that FACT...then you are blind.

again, since your short term memory is completely gone read your own expectations....."I wish some people would actually go and try it before posting lengthy lengthy debates based on guessing and assumptions, even if they are educated ones..then just show everyone"

i am probably wrong for thinking that it might work and in my opening post i think i actually indictated that the questions were probably ridiculous...

i can deal with my idea being wrong...but you obviously can't tolerate someone who points out that your behavior contradicts itself. if you have no real proof except for your wisdom on this subject then don't bother replying.

you may be into this silly little drama, i on the otherhand only want some proof. bye..bye

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4542635 - 08/16/05 03:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
drama!~

turning into a flame fest!~

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation