Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineozzifar
Stranger
ergot.................
    #4518283 - 08/10/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

hi, i'm quite new to the shroomery, in fact im quite new to the whole world of hallucinogens and ive come across a small batch of ergot infected barley! I'm wondering how i can extract the world famous lsd-25 from my ergot, and also is it safe to eat a small amount for experience. i am aware that ergot is classified as a poison but i have been told you can munch small quantities and experience hallucinations. this will be my first time tripping so any information will be helpful, but try to stay to the point.
thanks, ozzifar  :stoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: ergot................. [Re: ozzifar]
    #4518296 - 08/10/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery.

No, no, no no. Ergot is very toxic, don't even think about ingesting it. Unless gangrene is appealing to you, also LSD is synthesized from ET, it is not extracted from ergot. Leave the making of LSD to the pros.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
    #4518335 - 08/10/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

According to Erowid:
"Ergot is a fungus that infects cereal grains, replacing kernels of the fruit with small black masses of mycelium. It produces ergotamine, a potent vasoconstrictor and precursor to LSD. Ergot poisoning (St Anthony's Fire) causes hallucinations, gangrenous loss of limbs, and death. Outbreaks plagued medieval Europe and were associated with witchcraft and the Inquisition."

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#4518340 - 08/10/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Just grow some mushrooms, buy some acid, or reaserch other psycadelics ergot poisoning is not too pleasent.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4518357 - 08/10/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

A solution of 6.7 g KOH in 100 mL H2O, under an inert atmosphere and magnetically stirred, was brought to 75 ?C, and 10 g ergotamine tartrate (ET) added. The reaction mixture turned yellow as the ergotamine went into solution over the course of 1 h. The stirring was continued for an additional 3 h. The reaction mixture was cooled to about 10 ?C with an external ice bath, and acidified to a pH of about 3.0 by the dropwise addition of 2.5 N H2SO4. White solids started to appear early in the neutralization; approximately 60 mL of sulfuric acid was required. The reaction mixture was cooled overnight, the solids removed by filtration, and the filter cake washed with 10 mL Et2O. The dry solids were transferred to a beaker, suspended in 50 mL 15 % ammonia in anhydrous ethanol, stirred for 1 h, and separated by decantation. This extraction was repeated, and the original decantation and the second extract combined and filtered to remove a few hundred milligrams of unwanted solids. The clear filtrate was stripped of solvent under vacuum, the residual solids dissolved in 50 mL of 1% aqueous ammonia, and this solution was acidified as before with 2.5 N H2SO4. The precipitated solids were removed by filtration and washed with Et2O until free of color. After drying under vacuum to a constant weight, there was obtained 3.5 g of d-lysergic acid hydrate, which should be stored in a dark, sealed container.
A suspension of 3.15 g d-lysergic acid hydrate and 7.1 g of diethylamine in 150 mL CHCl3 was brought to reflux with stirring. With the external heating removed, there was added 3.4 g POCl3 over the course of 2 min, at a rate sufficient to maintain refluxing conditions. The mixture was held at reflux for an additional 5 min, at which point everything had gone into solution. After returning to room temperature, the solution was added to 200 mL of 1 N NH4OH. The phases were separated, the organic phase dried over anhydrous MgSO4, filtered, and the solvent removed under vacuum. The residue was chromatographed over alumina with elution employing a 3:1 C6H6/CHCl3 mixture, and the collected fraction stripped of solvent under hard vacuum to a constant weight. This free-base solid can be recrystallized from benzene to give white crystals with a melting point of 87-92 ?C. IR (in cm-1): 750, 776, 850, 937 and 996, with the carbonyl at 1631. The mass spectrum of the free base has a strong parent peak at mass 323, with sizable fragments at masses of 181, 196, 207 and 221.

This base was dissolved in warm, dry MeOH, using 4 mL per g of product. There was then added dry d-tartaric acid (0.232 g per g of LSD base), and the clear warm solution treated with Et2O dropwise until the cloudiness did not dispel on continued stirring. This opaqueness set to a fine crystalline suspension (this is achieved more quickly with seeding) and the solution allowed to crystallize overnight in the refrigerator. Ambient light should be severely restricted during these procedures. The product was removed by filtration, washed sparingly with cold methanol, with a cold 1:1 MeOH/Et2O mixture, and then dried to constant weight. The white crystalline product was lysergic acid diethylamide tartrate with two molecules of methanol of crystallization, with a mp of about 200 ?C with decomposition, and weighed 3.11 g (66%). Repeated recrystallizations from methanol produced a product that became progressively less soluble, and eventually virtually insoluble, as the purity increased. A totally pure salt, when dry and when shaken in the dark, will emit small flashes of white light.

Oh, and yes first you'll need to have ergotamine tartrate.

Good luck. :smirk:

Offlineozzifar
Stranger
    #4518369 - 08/10/05 01:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well i defiantly wont be eating it then, i cant get acid anywhere, 5-meo-dmt being the nearest substitute, i might have a go at synthesizing it but it seems complicated, thanx, ozzifar

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#4518382 - 08/10/05 01:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You won't be able to synthesize it, no offense, but if you have to ask, you won't be able to. It involves very highly watched chemicals and tricky procedure. We'd all love to do it, but we cannot. 5-meo is also most definitely not the closest substitute, it is actually very different. Keep doing your research and good luck!

I would say look into mescaline cacti and grow your own mushrooms!

--------------------

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4518634 - 08/10/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

as the others said, just...leave it alone. making acid is for the pros.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinebounceproof
freefaller

Loc: Florida
Re: ergot................. [Re: deficitism]
    #4518675 - 08/10/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

deficitism said:
According to Erowid:
"Ergot is a fungus that infects cereal grains, replacing kernels of the fruit with small black masses of mycelium. It produces ergotamine, a potent vasoconstrictor and precursor to LSD. Ergot poisoning (St Anthony's Fire) causes hallucinations, gangrenous loss of limbs, and death. Outbreaks plagued medieval Europe and were associated with witchcraft and the Inquisition."

:eek:sounds like something that I would like to ingest :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

--------------------
<one foot over the edge and i think i like it>

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: ergot................. [Re: gdman]
    #4518915 - 08/10/05 04:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
You won't be able to synthesize it, no offense, but if you have to ask, you won't be able to. It involves very highly watched chemicals and tricky procedure. We'd all love to do it, but we cannot. 5-meo is also most definitely not the closest substitute, it is actually very different. Keep doing your research and good luck!

I would say look into mescaline cacti and grow your own mushrooms!

Is it totally impossible for an average Joe to synthesize though? I mean like you can't just go out and make friends with chemistry majors that have access to labs and get them to make yourself some? It's highly irresponsible using public facilities to do that of course, but it happens all the time with other drugs nonetheless.

I've just heard hearsay of average people knowing average people that actually make it.... maybe they just made LSA instead?

Anyway, if you want an acid experience go to a reuptable online vendor and buy some morning glory seeds or hawaiin baby woodrose or ooliqui.... it's an interesting trip... fun, but more disturbing than fun IMO. No real visuals or anything aside from minor CEVs/OEVs that are kind of pot like but more intricate, and some peripheral haze.... it's worth trying IMO, just take very low doses to start out with to avoid sickness.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: ergot................. [Re: leery11]
    #4518966 - 08/10/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

>Is it totally impossible for an average Joe to synthesize though?

Absolutly.

>I mean like you can't just go out and make friends with chemistry majors that have access to labs and get them to make yourself some?

Not even close.

>I've just heard hearsay of average people knowing average people that actually make it

And how many times have you bought pot and heard "yeah its haze, right from the grower". People lie.

>maybe they just made LSA instead?

Definatly not, the two are not comparable, and only very slightly similar trips.

Acid is made by only a handful of people in the world.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: ergot................. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4519019 - 08/10/05 05:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

People exaggerate but there's no reason to lie. I've just heard "there's tons of acid in X [X being too far away from me] and I know 2 people that make it."

it might simply mean "i know 2 people that regularly get large supplies and I came to the assumption that they made it."

i've heard of people selling ground up LSA products as "acid" in gelcaps to the naive, so it's not unthinkable.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Edited by leery11 (08/10/05 05:04 PM)

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#4519281 - 08/10/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
>maybe they just made LSA instead?

Definatly not, the two are not comparable, and only very slightly similar trips.

Acid is made by only a handful of people in the world.

I think he means maybe the people who made LSA thought they made LSD, and just don't know the difference.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: ergot................. [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4519317 - 08/10/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I hope to god those few people don't stop making it :frown: *tear*
I haven't gotten my foot wet yet...

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: ergot................. [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4519318 - 08/10/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I guess, but i would imagine anyone who knows what LSA is, where to find it, and even the simple extraction method for it, would know what LSD is and what LSA isnt. The reason I just dont think this is likly, besides not knowing ANYONE whos ever extracted LSA and called it LSD, is because me and every one of my friends and everyone on this forum has heard that. "Oh you gotta go to colleges to get acid, thats where the chemists are" and "I know the chemist who made it" Or "This is from a chemist from *insert school here*"...I've heard it dozens and dozens and dozens of times...it seems unlikly that if there was a person or two who mistakenly called LSA, LSD, that it would happen as often as "I know the guy who makes this" gets said. If you "know' the person who made it, it adds credibility to you, and you can say their "double dipped" or some other BS marketing thing and your ore likly to be believed.

Just like people who make up names for good buds, because people who buy god buds, want to hear a name. That doesnt mean their ripping you off, but it does mean they are lieing (if they never knew the strain to begin with).

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4519325 - 08/10/05 07:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well what I meant is they are trying to rip people off by calling LSA literally "acid"

and it is "acid" but they intend for people to think that they mean "LSD" when it isn't. Some might even call it "LSD" just to make some cheap bucks.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: ergot................. [Re: leery11]
    #4519497 - 08/10/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thats what I thought you meant, and what I think never happens. I dont think anyone buying it would be convinced, and I dont see it being created it any mass amount reasonably. Of course it could happen every now and then, but its going to be VERY rare. I've bought from many people who "knew the chemist" and not once was it LSA, nor any of the times I've been offered acid, in any state, never once LSA, nor have I heard of it happening once in recent LSD threads, or anything of that sort. Again, there may be a rare occasion where its done, but we were talking about people saying "they knew the person who made the acid", maybe buying LSA and knowing the person who made that. Thats much less likly, then the person just not knowing the person who made it. So to the original statment of maybe the person wasnt lying and just knew someone who extracted LSA, instead of creating LSD, and just "exagerated" Is very very very unlikly..maybe not "definatly".

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#4519549 - 08/10/05 08:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You'd be surprised how stupid people can be.

People still think you can trip off a rotten orange.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom