Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: PA
trading eights with a tree and some tea
    #4518222 - 08/10/05 02:58 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I had some shroom tea left over from a bunch of pan subbs that i picked back in may. There were probably about 20 grams worth of fresh subbs in there. I prepared for my trip by drinking down some reishi tea, some real (don't try this at home... ok do) cranberry juice and apple juice. This combination makes me feel really good- it increases my awareness and gives me a little buzz. So I drive to this farm on the edge of a river. Most of the farm is actually woodland interspersed with lush freshwater marsh. I drank the tea, holding it in my mouth before swallowing, and trekked through the woods, parking at a beautiful spot overlooking a marsh filled with algae, huge pink swamp-rose (?) blooms, crazy-string like vines, herons, frogs.....

The trip came on in about 15 minutes. Stuff got brighter. I started experiencing involuntary cycles. First I would stare at the water, then out at the flowers, then up at the sky, then finally close my eyes. Each stage was unique. Staring at the sky, I really felt like I was lifting off. The sun warmed my spirit, the beautiful locust leaflets intrigued me with their fluid geometry and the branches with their static geometry. Then, when I closed my eyes, I experienced more CEV's than I ever have before. The afterimage would fade away like sandy footprints blowing away in the wind. The background would fade between orange and hot-pink and blue (keep in mind that light is shining through my eyelids). Gradually, images would randomly appear- water rings, finger-like things opening up and folding out. Every once in a while, a specific image would appear when my memory requested it. Then I would open my eyes again and repeat the cycle.

I moved on to a more secluded area next to the marsh and laid down. The voyage was pretty nice- my thoughts would change as i passed through shady areas and clearings. I had my wits about me more than I thought I would at that visual level. I laid down on some moss. Before long several frogs had parked within feet of me. It was strange because frogs are usually pretty jumpy (heh), but they allowed me to get really close and they stayed with me for 2 hours (until I left)- I think they were keeping me company and passing me good vibes.

I listened to some music. First- Wagner's Tannhauser. Wow- that is some great music- so ecstatic and religious. Then Bach's Chaconne for unaccompanied violin (my favorite). This music was perfect. While tripping, I stumble upon many dichotomies. An important one has been the relationship between stillness and movement. Tripping while lying still seems to slow everything down and allow universal energies to pass through freely, while walking or running or otherwise moving puts you in control of your surroundings- stimulation pours in as you let it. We humans are on a constant seesaw shifting between stillness and movement, reflection and discovery, rest and drives. The stillness takes on a spiritual form during a trip. Bach's music reflected this notion in a most profound way. There was constantly a struggle between human forces and spiritual stability (movement of notes and rhythm vs. repetition of notes and rhythm, stated simply). Bach is on such a ridiculous level.

After a while lying down, I heard a sound coming from a nearby tree. I looked there and didn't see anything. The tempo was too slow for a woodpecker and too steady and predictable to be a product of wind. I couldn't figure out what it was. The strange thing about it was that although the tempo was steady, I interpreted every note as syncopated. I heard it for 15 minutes and it never fell on the beat that I was keeping intuitively! After a while, I started drumming the rhythm on my chest and it stopped. I kept that up for a while. The next time I trip I want to bring a drum or something- it would be great to have a drum circle. It's no coincidence that you often see tribes involved in rhythmic rituals and dancing. The sound from the tree must have been coming from me! My trips tend to start out visually and end auditorily, but I didn't think I was tripping hard enough to hear something so clear. Who knows.
About 4 hours after drinking the tea, I was drifting back pleasantly. I walked to the riverbank and skipped some stones, watching boats go by and tracing their wakes to the shore in front of me. This was the first time that I had had a positive come-down. IT left me refreshed, like it had opened my eyes and not bumped me on the head.

Anyway- this trip was different for me- the last time I drank the tea, I opened up and was blown away by feelings of universal harmony and energy and connection. This trip was more of a sensual feast, which is OK by me. It was very visual. There were very few negative periods (just a bit of anxiety on the come-up) and I felt quite in control.

I absolutely love pan subbs. I urge everyone to give a look for them and give them a try. For me, they are more positive, more visual, more transcendent, more manageable, more beautiful than cubes were.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
spirit molecule

Re: trading eights with a tree and some tea [Re: nycomyco]
    #4524673 - 08/12/05 01:52 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

glad you had a great time and a different take on tripping!

on occasion i get that rhythmical auditory hallucination where i can receive a beat or song of some sort out of a seemingly inanimate sound. the spinning of a fan or some random background noise can produce some very beautiful sounding music.

having a drum and isolation would be marvelous.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports