Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Feed Me A StrayCat

Dream about my dog
    #4517395 - 08/10/05 10:37 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

My dog spends a lot of his time on a suspended line we put up for him because we have no front fence. That side also means a neighborhood dog could come into my yard and although the line goes the length of my back yard and gives him a fair amount of range, he could get trapped on either side of my house. My dogs a german hepard but I live in a shitty neighborhood and for reasons easily imaginable people here often invest in pitbulls. So in my dream my dog is being attacked and is running laps trying to get away from one. As expected Moson runs too far out on one lap and gets forced to fight. My dream is in cinematic mode until a bit into the fight when my guy gets in trouble and then I get my body. I have to run about 20 feet and a corner and right as Im rounding it I yell SIT and grab both dogs attentions and then I just bulldoze the other dog shoulder to shoulder. I unhook Mo and say inside which he is reluctant to do but he goes.

The end of the dream and waking process quickly brought very concrete thoughts and realizations mostly about obedience. My dog makes me feel loved all the time. He his a huge sweet spaz who is my true ideal for a dog. I put a lot of effort into training him and it payed off because we have a great relationship. Remember in meet the parents when Deniro says dogs are for people who want unjustified love or whatever? Running with that logic, cats are better because they are more independent than dogs. It became clear my objection to this is that dogs love is more like a humans than a cats independence is. I got and idea of a dumbed down human incapable of loving compared to Lenny from Of Mice and Men. Then comes the melancholy. My relationship with Moson seemed cheapened because I made him what he is. Then comes the quick rebuttal. That is exactly what society did to me. So if I hate society for making me what I am, how dare I keep a pet. Then, I did a better job raising my dog than society did me. I care about my dogs needs and individuality. Then I was awake.

My thoughts went back to tackling the pitbull and how sweet it was when I was like SIT and caused the pause I needed to help Moson. Ah Pavlovian rape.

Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
The Minstrel in the Gallery

Loc: underbelly
Re: Dream about my dog [Re: LittleBen]
    #4517455 - 08/10/05 11:10 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

From one dog lover to another.  :thumbup: Great dream!

"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Dream about my dog [Re: Icelander]
    #4518217 - 08/10/05 02:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Love evoLve
Live evil
dog god
good doog!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology