Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Treasure Coast Potency
    #4516919 - 08/10/05 03:27 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I have just ordered a syringe of Treasure Coast and was wondering how potent these are? I have only shroomed a couple of times and havent really "tripped".All I got the last time was a nice "high" and it seemed light took a couple seconds to dissapear when they were turned off. :supershroom:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Re: Treasure Coast Potency [Re: FungusMan]
    #4516945 - 08/10/05 03:39 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

All cubenesis mushrooms are equal potency. Affecting potency requires proper care and extensive research.

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: Treasure Coast Potency [Re: Frappy]
    #4517977 - 08/10/05 01:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i tell you though when i grew the T.Coast i had the strongest mushrooms trips i've ever had. fuckers were huge too--some 2g dried for one mushie. 3.75g had me tripping balls for nine hours. visuals were in many ways BETTER than LSD, dare i say... not the clouds, necessarily, but the patterns on the sand were much more ALIVE than i've seen on high doses of acid... at the time i would have compared it to close to 300mcg of LSD. the water and the clouds weren't as visual as the acid, but like i said the sand was shifting and buzzing and blooming and overflowing and morphing like CRAZY. awesome aural effects too--i was hearing helicopters all over the place.

Edited by TerrapinSunrise (08/10/05 01:45 PM)

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Treasure Coast Potency [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #4518190 - 08/10/05 02:49 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thats awesome dude. And I see you live in Ky also. I see alot of people from our state here. I just started this hobby and am lucky that my parents (old hippies,lol) own a cow farm. So no mail order poo for me. :supershroom:

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4519180 - 08/10/05 08:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Frappy said:
All cubenesis mushrooms are equal potency.  Affecting potency requires proper care and extensive research.

:yesnod:

Just confirming the answer  :smirk:

Have a nice trip!

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: Treasure Coast Potency [Re: Annom]
    #4519379 - 08/10/05 09:17 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

ALL cubensis Strains, substrains, and indivdual fruitbodies are different in potency. Subjective experience is not an accurate measure of these differences. It would take Quantitative studies on thousands of dikaryons of each strain to accurately measure just how different they really are.

Strains are varible in many ways, potency is the only one you will have a very difficult time measuring.

Just try each strain until you find one you like, and stick with it. It will be difficult to find one that is twice as potent as another, DIKARYON to DIAKRYON. So it is kind of a rediculous search for potency differences.

The best you can do searching for the most potent substrain of the most potent strain will probably be to double the potency compared with the worst substrian of the worst strain.

Simply changing species to Copelandia cyanescens will double to triple the potency easily, and the growing parameters are almost identical to cubensis. Yield is drastically diminished, but hey, potency was your desire.

The only accurate measurement of potency is a quantitative one. You need instruments to do so, and a very large sample of each Strain to give accurate results.

Compare strains for morphological features and you will be pleasnatly suprised to see how variable they are. Try and bioassay for potency differences and you will be VERY HAPPY, but very confused and end up with only subjective differences.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #4519444 - 08/10/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Treasure Coast is good strain.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Treasure Coast Potency [Re: baraka]
    #4519554 - 08/10/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

That is The best answer I've heard so far EonTan, thanks, I think I'll be quoting you from now on with that post anytime this comes up..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleSwan Song

#15723857 - 01/27/12 07:26 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Frappy said:
All cubenesis mushrooms are equal potency.  Affecting potency requires proper care and extensive research.

Respectfully, I disagree.

I had grown plenty of strains before I grew Amazons in a RR straw log tek and never had experienced that kind of potency.

They were enormous too.

In one instance I ate one shroom soaked in lemon juice and it blew me a way more than 4 of another strain.  That was the roughest trip I ever had.  And for the first time I got scared.

Now I respect new strains and recommend you go a little weak on the first dose. you can always take more if it doesn't do the trick.

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
Re: Treasure Coast Potency [Re: Swan Song]
    #15724186 - 01/27/12 11:00 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

That's like saying all humans are equally smart. :shrug:

Yes, considering only fruit bodies obtained from a multispore culture, you can in general say a cube is a cube - in the sense that if you were to consider many fruit bodies their average alkaloid content would be more or less the same for all varieties.

However, things might change drastically if you consider monocultures grown under more or less equal conditions. Then you can objectively measure whether it produces fruit bodies of extraordinary potency or not.

Keep this in mind when saying "a cube is a cube".

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

OfflineHarryLS
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Treasure Coast Potency [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #15724280 - 01/27/12 11:43 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Cube is a cube

Cube 'strains' don't really differ... Species do though, a lot and sure there can be variations within a species... But-

Potency is affected by growing conditions, age/size at harvest, handling, drying, age since harvest, etc a lot more than 'strain' differences. If you study the life cycle of the mushroom, you will see why strains cant really be that different.

Everything else is marketing. And placebo effects... People who grow their own, tend to think their mushrooms are more potent... But again, the factors above will be the reason.

Aborts are small, so you would expect them to be more potent. PE is a mutation, and probably by now is an actual sub-species..  Maybe it's now it's own species even

Each experience is what you make of it, and set and setting can influence the strength of the experience too.

Just my 2 cents, others will have thier own opinions

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Treasure Coast Potency [Re: HarryL]
    #15724594 - 01/27/12 01:07 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I disgree with a cube is a cube, Roadkill disagreed, Dyingbreed disagrees, but I know that is the credo here. I have heard that slogan repetitively for over a decade, so whatever floats your boat.

InvisibleAltered States
Synesthesia seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #15724656 - 01/27/12 01:22 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

TC'S are a very POTENT hardy cube. They can be tricky to master their growing parameters but when you do they will offer you a life changing experience.

--------------------
SUPPORT M.A.P.S. "MULTIDISCIPLINARY ASSOCATION FOR PSYCHEDELIC STUDIES"

DRUMMING ON THE EDGE OF MADNESS!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience