Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineprurigro
Stranger
two very different trips on two different species of p
    #4516910 - 08/10/05 03:23 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

hey was just curious about something- I've had two different species of mushroom of which I believe both to be p.cubensis (both had strong psycadelic effects and were certainly not aminitas)-- the first collection of mushrooms I did, I tried over the course of a few months as my friend was getting them from a specific grower and he was who I did them with. The trip wasn't very visual- but what visuals did exist were 'flashy' where lines would light up, things would appear and dissapear and I would have a patturn covering everything. There were also auditory hallucinations, loud buzzing sounds that would throw my head back with force when they came close enough.. these were all quite common effects while on this collection (did them at least 5 times). about 6 months later I started getting shrooms from another friend of mine, expecting the same trip I was surprised when the visuals were all very flowing and almost lsd like-- the body high was much more intense and there were absolutely no auditory hallucinations.. the entire trip was completely different, tho both were intense so I dont think it was strength.. I was just curious if there could be a reason for this? I actually like the trip I've been getting of these new mushrooms more, but that did't help keep me from getting curious

anyway, if anyone knows anything about that I'd be quite interested :smile:

thanks

Kevin

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: two very different trips on two different species of p [Re: prurigro]
    #4517009 - 08/10/05 04:21 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yep, some people say that you'll get different trips off of different strains. I do believe in this, but you have to remember that every single trip you have is different and you can have 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT trips off of the same strain.

The second batch is probably a different strain with different effects.

--------------------

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4517076 - 08/10/05 05:07 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

its hard to say without knowing what the batches of mushrooms looked like. its quite possibly just a mindset thing. i know for me and my friends we all agree that the 'flavor' of our trips has changed over time.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: two very different trips on two different species of p [Re: alsey]
    #4517947 - 08/10/05 01:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

well, he did say they might be different SPECIES. as far as i'm concerned there are not huge differences between individual strains within a species. differences among cubensis are likely due to dosage, in my experience.

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
    #4518133 - 08/10/05 02:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Psilocybin gives very different effects depending on your setting, mood etc. You could take the same mushrooms one day and have one trip and the same mushrooms another day and have a completely different effect. That's all just part of the magic of psilo.

Offlinebounceproof
freefaller

Loc: Florida
Re: two very different trips on two different species of p [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4518553 - 08/10/05 04:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have noticed varying affects on mushies. Your first trip that you are talking about I tend to get off of B+ And the 2ND I get off of Creeper. I always seem to get a little diff affect off of diff strains. But, I like them all equally.

--------------------
<one foot over the edge and i think i like it>

OfflineBigBallZMaN
Knowledge Quest

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: two very different trips on two different species of p [Re: bounceproof]
    #4523407 - 08/11/05 08:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

One thing you have to understand is ( this is a spritual side of mushrooms) that mushrooms have an entity. Each strain comes from a different part of the world, which has a different entity, specific to that area of the world. Certain areas of the world have different cultures, which would give you a different trip (ie: dif colorations, mood, and visuals) due to the fact that they come from a dif part of the world. Sooo a strain of cubensis from south america would be different of that from mexico, or thailand etc. You have to understand that every living thing, including plants, have an entity or being behind them. That is why different mushrooms have different trips when they contain the same exact chemicals as another strain or species, which comes from a different part of the world. This is a very true and realist way to explain the differences between trips of species.

--------------------
Our body is light, we are immortal.
Our body is love, we are eternal.
Eternal..

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience