Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDjYoshi
Stranger
Different trips from different genus?
    #4516904 - 08/10/05 01:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Me and my friend have been talking a lot about mushroom trips lately, and he related to me a story I thought odd--he claimed to have had a COMPLETELY different trip off of one genus than another (though he doesn't know either one), and I can't say for sure that this would be false.  I'd like to know your opinions/thoughts/knowledge on this.

Also, as far as identification goes, most psilocybin mushrooms do not contain any poisons correct?  This is just a quick question, and I'm not sure if it belongs in this forum, if not I'll ask in the ident forum.  Thanks :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Different trips from different genus? [Re: DjYoshi]
    #4517010 - 08/10/05 02:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, different strains of mushrooms can give you different trips. But you've got to remember that the same strain of mushrooms can also give you two completely different trips.

--------------------

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4517069 - 08/10/05 03:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well yes, another genus would be an entirely different type of mushroom. amanita muscaria for example is very different to psilocybe cubensis; the active chemicals are completely different. amanitas do not even contain psilocybin.

the common psilocybe mushrooms that are used recreationally are not poisonous, but there may be more obscure species which are poisonous, i'm no expert on that.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineBigBallZMaN
Knowledge Quest

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: Different trips from different genus? [Re: alsey]
    #4523428 - 08/11/05 06:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

One thing you have to understand is ( this is a spritual side of mushrooms) that mushrooms have an entity. Each strain comes from a different part of the world, which has a different entity, specific to that area of the world. Certain areas of the world have different cultures, which would give you a different trip (ie: dif colorations, mood, and visuals) due to the fact that they come from a dif part of the world. Sooo a strain of cubensis from south america would be different of that from mexico, or thailand etc. You have to understand that every living thing, including plants, have an entity or being behind them. That is why different mushrooms have different trips when they contain the same exact chemicals as another strain or species, which comes from a different part of the world. This is a very true and realist way to explain the differences between trips of species.

--------------------
Our body is light, we are immortal.
Our body is love, we are eternal.
Eternal..

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4526732 - 08/12/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If your friend was talking about genus and not strain (strains are the same species, equivalent to "races" in humans, genus is one step back from species), then the two different genuses were probably psilocybe and panaeolus/copelandia (panaeolus cyanascens is often called copelandia cyanascens). Thought both genuses contain psilocybin and psilocin, they contain different amounts and panaeolus has been known to contain more active tryptamines.
I've done psilocybe cubensis and panaeolus subbalteatus, and they lead to an overall similar trip (you can tell they are mushrooms and not something else). However, the details are quite different. Cubes are known for coming on in waves. Subbs came on quicly and smoothly. I think that subbs are more visual and lead to clearer thinking and overall more enriching experiences, but that is only my opinion.
So many other factors are probably more important than genus. Someone can have completely different trips off of the same batch of shrooms. Different species within the genus psilocybe have slighlty different characteristic trips. For instance, the woodlovers, which tend to be more potent, also tend to lead to a trip with more mind-warping according to some, than cubensis which grows on poop.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Different trips from different genus? [Re: BigBallZMaN]
    #4526759 - 08/12/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BigBallZMaN said:
One thing you have to understand is ( this is a spritual side of mushrooms) that mushrooms have an entity. Each strain comes from a different part of the world, which has a different entity, specific to that area of the world. Certain areas of the world have different cultures, which would give you a different trip (ie: dif colorations, mood, and visuals) due to the fact that they come from a dif part of the world. Sooo a strain of cubensis from south america would be different of that from mexico, or thailand etc. You have to understand that every living thing, including plants, have an entity or being behind them. That is why different mushrooms have different trips when they contain the same exact chemicals as another strain or species, which comes from a different part of the world. This is a very true and realist way to explain the differences between trips of species.

you have to understand there is no evidence to support the idea that mushrooms have 'entities'. the psychoactive differences between species and strains are due to different quantities of the various alkaloids.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate