Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Donating Blood?
    #4514013 - 08/09/05 10:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Just curious if you guys do this or not.  I try to go and at least donate blood every 2 weeks.  Giving platelets is even better, as it goes alot further when someone needs a transfusion.

Dont go someplace they pay you for plasma though, that stuff is used for all kinds of wierd things.  Cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.  :shocked:

But yeah.  Donate blood.  Its not THAT scary. I always get just a little bit nervous when they bring out the needle, but they know what they're doing.  Plus, Free Cookies and Juice!

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Donating Blood? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4514085 - 08/09/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, I donate blood a few times a year. It's fun and feels good to do something good. I do it for free btw.

I also participated in a clinical trial and was locked up in a clinic for three weeks, that was a great experience!

OfflineHeinous_Anus
S.D.M.F.

Re: Donating Blood? [Re: Annom]
    #4514117 - 08/09/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Back when I was highschool, I used to give it whenever I could.

We used to have the the bloodmobile come up every few months or so.  I used to give my blood, then fake like I was going to pass out, just so I could get a documented abscence...which doesn't count at all.  :smile:

Hell, I'm helping to save lives.  I figure I deserve the rest of the day off from school.

I should really get back to donating though.

--------------------

I didn't go to college. I went to Ozzy Osbourne University. - Zakk Wylde

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4514123 - 08/09/05 11:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I tried to donate blood but they wouldn't let me because of some white powder that went up my nose.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
    #4514190 - 08/09/05 11:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Giving platelets is even better, as it goes alot further when someone needs a transfusion.

Speaking as a med lab tech, anything you want to donate is great. The problem with platelets is that most of them get wasted. Once pooled, they have to be used within 24 hrs. The best thing you can do is just donate straight up, regular old whole blood to your local Red Cross. These folks will take your blood and split it up into packed cells (raises hematocrit and hemoglobin,) fresh frozen plasma (expands blood volume and has coagulation factors for hemophiliacs,) cryoprecipiate (again, for hemophiliacs) and of course, platelets for thrombocytopenics.

A single gift of your blood can be used in so many ways. While donating anything is awesome, whole blood has the best all around application. Not to mention, they will test you for various diseases (HIV for instance,) so you get a free testing with your donation. And don't forget the juice and cookies!

--------------------
\m/

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #4514206 - 08/09/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I just lived in england for 10 months so I'm no longer allowed.  Ever. :frown:

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineMeatSpace
Waxer of unicorn butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep inside your ass
    #4514235 - 08/09/05 12:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I donated blood on my 18th birthday,
passed out 1/2 way through,
and haven't done it since.

I think it's really cool of you to donate so often,
I would if I wasn't such a lightweight.

--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: Donating Blood? [Re: MeatSpace]
    #4514329 - 08/09/05 12:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

how can you possibly give blood every two weeks?
that's bullshit! no one would let you donate blood unless it's been at least three months since the last time you gave blood... that's how it is over here anyway...

it takes the body some time to recover the loss...

anyway i do my best to give blood every three months (but it's always on a friday morning which is the WORST time cuz usualy friday morning im dead asleep so usualy it takes more then three months)
and yeah it feels great knowing you might be helping someone survive (i do it for free... except for the juice and cookies of course!)

i think anyone that CAN give blood should give blood!
i'm also registered as an organ donor incase i die and my organs are usable...

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Donating Blood? [Re: Simisu]
    #4514524 - 08/09/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

3 months is a helluva long time between donations! The Blood Center here calls me every coupla weeks and tells me to come on over...

Mebbe they're vampires!

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
    #4514713 - 08/09/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i donate plasma i dont give a fuck what they do with it i just want the money..... you can get up to 30-40 bucks just for sitting there for an hour... you can do it twice a week if not more too...

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
    #4515742 - 08/09/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

and every two weeks sounds way too much for me... are you sure your not animic bye now?

how much do they take?
(over here it's like 1 liter which is supposed to be about a fifth of all the blood an adult should have (if i'm not mistaken)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #4515818 - 08/09/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't normally donate blood but I would like to start doing it. At my work they are organizing a blood drive so I think tommorow I will sign up. I don't even have to go out of my way to do it so why not. On a similar topic, I am an organ donor and I encourage everyone to become one and tell their family about it. My mom had a heart transplant and she wouldn't be here today if it weren't for a guy that made the decision to become an organ donor before he died in a motorcycle accident.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Donating Blood? [Re: Simisu]
    #4516220 - 08/09/05 09:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

how much do they take?
(over here it's like 1 liter which is supposed to be about a fifth of all the blood an adult should have (if i'm not mistaken)

They only take a pint at a time here. I have no idea how that messed up metric system stuff works. Whats the conversion factor? And I donate platelets usually, so they suck out the blood, spin out the platelets from the rest of the blood, then stick the blood back in the other arm.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4516236 - 08/09/05 09:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Do you get paid for donating? You said in your post that you can by giving it to weird places?

I don't donate yet, no.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
    #4516247 - 08/09/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i donate alot since im type O anyone can have my blood. i dont mind needles either plus after a while u start getting light headed lol (which also doesnt bother me)

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: Donating Blood? [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4516299 - 08/09/05 10:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ya have you tried drinking after you donate??? you get sooo fucked up... even your weed tolerance goes down..

Invisiblethegatewaydrug

Re: Donating Blood? [Re: AliceDee]
    #4516323 - 08/09/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

haha yea i have it, gets u drunk hella easier

--------------------

General George S. Patton

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#4516334 - 08/09/05 10:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i donate blood for sure. But i just got a new piercing so im not allowed to donate for a year to the day after my piercing

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Invisiblethegatewaydrug

Re: Donating Blood? [Re: Yarry]
    #4516342 - 08/09/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

y?

--------------------

General George S. Patton

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#4516369 - 08/09/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

duno. something to jus make sure i dont get AIDS from my piercing needle and pass er on i suppose? just the rule in canoodia

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale