Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Salvia Trip, sitter and tripper's recollections. Warning - long
    #4509834 - 08/08/05 07:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This was my 2nd trip with Lady Salvia, the first only consisted of some lightheadedness, a short period of amnesia and immense feeling of relief when my memory returned. It is somewhat edited, for personal reasons, and I've changed my wife's name to Amy for anonymity.

And before I start take note....

DO NOT FUCK ABOUT WITH SALVIA, GIVE IT AS MUCH RESPECT AS YOU CAN!

Before meditation (I always meditate before taking any psychedelic) I attempted to measure out two portions of 0.1g of the 10x Salvia extract, one large hit's worth in the bowl of the pipe and another slightly smaller amount in a folded bit of paper. To be honest though, my electronic scales are not at all accurate at that low a measurement. I now know I should have been far more tentative, I think my subconscious feeling was that I could punch a hole through to the Salvia universe by taking a substantial dosage. I had the pipe and additional hit on a tray with an empty tomato can for an ashtray, which I did momentarily think might not be the best thing to use for that purpose.

During the fifteen minutes of meditation I did before dosing I was worrying about my lungs (I hadn't smoked anything for over a year), having been concerned, perhaps a little obsessive during the week due to a slight irritation I had felt after the last Salvia trip.

With the table moved out of the way and a crocheted blanket draped over TV, I sat back on the sofa and lit the pipe. The smoke was much thicker than the last time and slightly choking, I prevented myself from just coughing the entire dose out by taking more sharp breaths. Seeing that I hadn't burnt it all I must have re-lit and inhaled 2-3 more times. I tipped the contents of the bowl into the can and feeling that Amy wasn't rushing to reload the pipe, which I had asked her to do rapidly, I set about doing it myself. Time seemed to slow down as I shook the piece of paper, the Salvia taking ages to reach the pipe, I recall thinking "Oh it doesn't matter if a little tips over the edge". With a sensation of familiarity, sort of like deja vu, I sense a spirit-like energy washing into/through me from both outside and rising from within me. I had intended to lie down and close my eyes but BAM! It hit me before I could do anything. I don't even remember breathing out the smoke.

In order to make sense of what happened next I sat down with Amy the following day and noted down her side of the experience as a sitter. She was excellent, and as far as I am concerned did everything that she could under the circumstances and helped me get through what was a very difficult experience. What follows is based on the notes I made of her recollection of the five minutes I have little recollection of.

Having tipped some of the second dose into the bowl I put it down on the tray. Amy had the feeling that I'd had enough and whipped the tray away. I was sat up and started fidgeting, moving back and forth as if to get up, looking like I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I lay back for a few seconds but didn't stay still, soon rising to sit up again. I was looking straight ahead but I kept glancing to the right hand corner of the room, as if there was something scary, confusing or strange over there that I didn't want to deal with. I seemed to be alternating between trying to understand whatever it was and not wanting to. Wherever I was positioned Amy was talking to me, trying to persuade me to stay still and get comfortable. When I was not looking over at the corner I was staring intensely at Amy, like I was holding her there with my eyes.

I sat forward as if to stand, Amy didn't want me to and calmly said "Stay down, stay comfy". Instead of standing I knelt on the floor and was still slowly moving. The intense look I had directed at Amy was now directed at some focal point on the wall to my left. Amy kept trying to reassure me, saying, "Why don't you lie on the carpet or sit on the floor". I had long dribbles of saliva hanging from the corners of my mouth to below my chin. She thought that I was either going to throw up or I was trying to get out of the room. She gently touched my right shoulder, to put a barrier so I could feel some resistance to make me move backwards. This was freaking Amy out, especially when she touched my left hand and it was all floppy.

I crouched forward as if I was going to do a forward roll, until I was on my hands and knees. My head was very close to the coffee table, which we thought we had moved sufficiently out of the way. Amy put her hand on my forehead and gently pushed me away from the edge of the table until my head move down past it. My head was moving close to where she had put the tray, so she quickly moved that out of the way. We think this is where I must have knocked my head, I had a bruised bump on my left temple once I fully came back to reality, but Amy swears she did not notice me doing anything to sustain the injury. Curled round in a ball with my head facing my stomach I paused for longer than I had during the experience so far.

I uncurled myself and managed to get myself back on the sofa, sitting still for a few more seconds, looking confused. I lay back for a little while then, my speech slurred, not very enunciated, I said, "Who are you?" I lay quiet for little longer before saying, in several permutation over the course of a minute "I had Salvia didn't I", "Did I have Salvia?" After saying "I smoked something about twenty minutes ago didn't I?" Amy replied, "No it was about four minutes ago!" I sat up again and was staring really intensely at Amy again, who smiled and tried to look reassuring and not to look worried. This where I really started coming back to reality.

What now follows is what I can remember.

The first thing I was aware of was being sat on the sofa facing Amy. Everything seemed far too bright (I had forgotten to dim the lights more, which I had intended to do) and artificial. There was the sense of a mood which I can't quite put my finger on, like deja vu mixed with a feeling that there was something I had forgotten or was just about to remember something vitally important. I also had no memory of who I was, where I was, what I had done or what I was doing.

An enormous sense of sadness surged through me as the core of my being, which was all that was truly present and aware, was 'told' telepathically by a definitely female, maternal spirit that what I saw before me was all a fiction, made-up, not real, specifically I had the conception that it was a TV show or commercial (briefly with a notion that it was something to do with canned goods, which must be related to using the can as an ashtray).

At some point I had the sensation that music was playing, even thought I couldn't actually hear any but there was definitely the very clear sound of, what I defined as, a 'tropical rainforest', the sound of leaves rustling in a breeze over my right shoulder, behind me. This was accompanied by the sensation of the female authority calling me, and the slight feeling of being pulled backwards.

I had the worried sense that I was positioned between two realities, the one before my eyes and the one behind me, both seeming vaguely familiar, the former perhaps more so, but I have to point out that there was nothing scary or malevolent about the female Salvia spirit communicating with me or the idea of the forest behind me, it was more unsettling because it was more unknown.

It felt, and to a degree as much as I notice looked, like my body was flattening out into a membrane merged into and between the two realms. The reality I could see was revealed to be a wedge, the lines defined by the 'v' of my upper legs. The fabric of this reality was attached to me, like it was an extension and moved in parallel to my movements. I sensed a bemused emotion coming from the Salvia, a gentle, not mocking sense of "Oh dear look at him struggling", like a parent amused at their child trying to work something out but getting into a bit of a pickle.

During all this there was an implicit understanding that this was how things really were, there was no sense that this was a hallucination, this was truly what my normal reality actually was, and whatever was behind me was what was real deal. I didn't remember normal reality but knew I had an important connection to it, and was freaked to 'know' that it was in fact a pale imitation of the true reality, that it was being revealed as a joke that had been played on me all this time.

No matter how seductive the call of the Salvia and the rainforest behind me was I knew I didn't want to lose my connection with this reality, which was becoming increasingly warped. Amy says I looked like I was climbing at points, and that's what I was trying to do, climb/dive/claw my way back into this diminishing reality, specifically to this woman that I didn't recognise (my wife) but knew I didn't want to lose. I was holding my eyes on Amy, partly as my goal and partly because if I was going to lose her I wanted to keep her in my sight for as long as I could. I couldn't climb through though as every time I reached to my left (which was the opposite direction to where the call of Salvia and the rainforest was coming from) everything moved, because it was attached to me. Everything rotated, pivoting around my left knee at times. This triangular wedge of reality was repeated endlessly on a giant wheel, yet I knew each one was exactly the same thing, even though it was, theoretically, in many places on the wheel.

I had the conceptual sense that coming out from the centre of this wheel was a pole; a red/blue and white stripped one like at a fairground. This pole was coming out from my centre, spinning the wheel. For a moment I really thought my perspective was going to pull back and reveal a carny type figure holding this pole. I felt desperate and deeply, psychologically scared during this, yet the peculiar thing was, and I only remembered this while making notes the next day, the spinning was also kind of fun, like part of myself was viewing the situation form the outside and laughing at the absurdity of the situation. At the same time as this spinning I also saw and felt that I and by extension this wedge were folding up, like it was all a pop-up book which was about to be closed and I was at the spine of the tome.

I suddenly, just as I thought I were about to lose all control I became aware of Amy talking to me, it all sounded garbled to begin with but slowly I heard reassurance in her voice and then calming words and the sensation of spinning and closing began to diminish. When I no longer felt sewn into the fabric of reality I lay down and closed my eyes, after being told to do this by the Salvia perhaps? However, I felt like I was going to melt into the sofa, be pulled in the direction the forest sounds had come from or if I rolled over to the left I would roll into another dimension and find myself in a garden. Opening my eyes I remember saying "I've taken Salvia haven't I" and "I smoked something twenty minutes ago", along with Amy's response.

I sat up, still feeling a strong energy in my head and that everything around me was possibly tissue paper thin, insubstantial, I was questioning myself as to whether all of my surroundings were real. I felt a pulling sensation in my head and recalled from something I'd read that it was possible to shake yourself out of the visionary state, so I gave my head a few good shakes. I felt the vibrations in my mind settle, almost like the fading of a resounding musical note, and was back to relative normality.

I tentatively stood up, knowing I had to be careful in the state I was in. I HAD to walk around the flat to reconnect with reality. Amy was a tad worried, baring my way at the top of the stairs leading to the front door when we went into the hall. I also HAD to put music on, specifically I wanted to hear Bjork's Vespertine, to calm my mood and give my mind focus. I recall touching the sofa and the bookcase to make sure they were real and solid. Most importantly I HAD to give Amy a big hug as I was overjoyed and relieved to be back with her.

I felt quite high, but not in a marijuana or caffeine/adrenalin way, more that I was more than ever totally aware of my 'aliveness'. I also felt knocked for six and knew I was radically rewriting my thoughts on how I perceive reality. The next 30 minutes seemed to fly by as I tried to piece together what had happened, asking Amy questions and filling her in on what I had experienced. I took some nurofen, my head aching more from the bump I had mysteriously sustained than anything else. I joked that I had been hit by the Salvia for not being quite respectful enough.

After watching a couple of episodes of Ripping Yarns we went to bed. I only slept for a couple of hours and after going to the loo I found myself unable to think of anything else, going over the experience repeatedly. It felt like I was disconnected with this reality and reconnecting with the Salvia, having a sensation similar to the onset wash through me. I had to get Amy to say something to me, a grunt of acknowledgement wasn't enough, as I was nearly convinced that it was not my wife but Lady Salvia lying next to me in bed. Eventually Amy said "Yeah" and I finally relaxed.

I think I might try Salvia tea next time, as I really don't like smoking, and an infusion is supposed to be a much lighter experience.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Salvia Trip, sitter and tripper's recollections. Warning - long [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #4509878 - 08/08/05 08:15 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Those crazy breakthroughs on salvia always, like you said, leave you radically reconsidering how you perceive reality, it's impossible not to give everything a second look and a second thought.  When I took salvia I felt the same way as you afterwards, as if I had to spend the next while right afterwards looking back at what had just happened and having my sitters fill me in on every detail from THEIR side of it.  That almost makes it more maddening too, because eternity in your mind is 4 minutes to them and you realize how difficult it is to communicate the experience..

great trip report, thanks for sharing! :heart:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia Trip, sitter and tripper's recollections. Warning - long [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4509906 - 08/08/05 08:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you!

I'm so glad I read a lot of reports beforehand and have this website to get feedback from.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia Trip, sitter and tripper's recollections. Warning - long [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4509907 - 08/08/05 08:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

oops, double post

--------------------

Edited by theorganicdomino (08/08/05 08:26 AM)

Male

Re: Salvia Trip, sitter and tripper's recollections. Warning - long [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #4509930 - 08/08/05 08:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Was that the first trip report you've written? You really did a great job capturing the whole experience - did you find that writing it out helped you get an even better grasp on it? That's how I felt when I wrote my salvia trip report (you can find it in my journal if you're interested in reading it). I remember feeling like I absolutely had to write it all down.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

#4509959 - 08/08/05 08:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've been writing trip reports since my fifth mushroom trip, I even rifled through my brain to write something down for the four that preceded that (kicking myself as I know I've forgotten a lot about my second tumultuous, yet revelatory trip), so this was my twenty-third trip report.

I keep all my reports and subsequent thoughts on all psychedelic experiences, including accounts of dreams I have the night before and after, in a folder - outside my uni thesis it's the longest thng I've ever written.

Making a record keeps the experiences alive, and certainly in this case makes them somewhat comprehendable.

Thanks again onemorerobot, I've really needed to get some feedback on this and as I still feel like I'm coming down from the experience your comments have helped to ground me.

I'm gonna have a look at your report now...

--------------------

Male

#4509988 - 08/08/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome man, it's great to see someone else who's really passionate about recording the experience. For me, the experience isn't even fully closed and over until I've recorded it, whether in brief, or in a long detailed report.

It definitely gets disappointing when you try to write a report for a trip that never got one, and just wish you could remember everything that happened.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4515131 - 08/09/05 04:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I like what you say, one being two.. :P h?h?

Maybe it was lady salvia next to you, after all.. :wink:

:smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

Re: Salvia Trip, sitter and tripper's recollections. Warning - long [Re: Gomp]
    #4516051 - 08/09/05 09:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i liked the part where you had the two realities; salvia behind you, and your wife infront.

confronted by two such perceptions, what do you think would have happened had you had tried to make your way towards the salvia voice and left your wife behind? was there anything 'bad' about the salvia reality or was it just 'normality' that made you want to return to our world. did you ever get a feeling that you would be stuck in that world unable to return? if so, what would have been wrong with that scenario?

just curious. feel free to answer the ones you feel comfortable with.

Offline420club
Stranger
Re: Salvia Trip, sitter and tripper's recollections. Warning - long [Re: puwtrip]
    #4516557 - 08/09/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i never knew salvia actually worked my friend used to grow it at his house but he said it never did anything, do you have to smoke alot or what?

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia Trip, sitter and tripper's recollections. Warning - long [Re: puwtrip]
    #4517065 - 08/10/05 02:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

puwtrip said:
confronted by two such perceptions, what do you think would have happened had you had tried to make your way towards the salvia voice and left your wife behind? was there anything 'bad' about the salvia reality or was it just 'normality' that made you want to return to our world. did you ever get a feeling that you would be stuck in that world unable to return? if so, what would have been wrong with that scenario?

I'm absolutely comfortable answering all your questions, and thank you for taking the time to read my report.

I felt very much on the verge of totally losing 'normal reality' even though I only had a hint of a memory of it. Turning and walking into the 'tropical rainforest' that Salvia was calling me to was absolutely an option, I was just totally freaked. I felt like a confused newly born given two conflicting, but equally appealing choices, but chose the one that was being taken away from me for fear of losing it completely.

During the experience I 'knew' that the salvia reality was the true reality, it was like I was remembering something vitally important, a daunting feeling of revelation. In a way I kick myself for not having turned and walked into the garden, but my action of striving to return to this reality has more than ever made me appreciate how great my life really is.

It wasn't so much a case of being 'stuck', as that the salvia world was the truth and had always been the truth - I just wasn't ready or able to accept that.

The thing that I find puzzling, and it has made me reevaluate myself, is that given the choice of this reality, which is absurd and illogical, and an edenic garden paradise I chose the former. To allude to the Matrix (not a huge fan, but anyhoo), I always thought I'd take the red pill!

On my next attempt I will be using a bong (smoking through a pipe, as you have tyo really burn the fuck out of the Salvia, was far too hot, and has slightly irritated my lungs) and a face mask to blot out any visual connection to this reality, which I think was part of the problem, as I couldn't let go.

--------------------

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia Trip, sitter and tripper's recollections. Warning - long [Re: 420club]
    #4517074 - 08/10/05 03:06 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

420club said:
i never knew salvia actually worked my friend used to grow it at his house but he said it never did anything, do you have to smoke alot or what?

Believe me it works, both times I've tried it reality has been significantly warped. The first time was milder, but I lost the conception of who I was and the entire left hand side of my body merged into a zigzag line that was cutting its way through reality!

As for the way to take Salvia, it's a complicated issue of reverse tolerance and using the correct smoking procedure etc.

If your interested, have a look at the following site

www.sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html

and look on Erowid for more accounts of experiences (both 'good' and 'bad').

Oh and most importantly, if you are going to try it, ALWAYS HAVE A SITTER, who is briefed on what may happen and what to do.

--------------------

Male

#4517325 - 08/10/05 07:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

theorganicdomino said:

I felt very much on the verge of totally losing 'normal reality' even though I only had a hint of a memory of it. Turning and walking into the 'tropical rainforest' that Salvia was calling me to was absolutely an option, I was just totally freaked. I felt like a confused newly born given two conflicting, but equally appealing choices, but chose the one that was being taken away from me for fear of losing it completely.

Absolutely! The fear in my experience was not a fear of what I was facing, so much as a fear that the reality I had known (but now barely even knew existed since I was in Salviaworld) would be taken away from me forever.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4518055 - 08/10/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wow! Great report. It has a lot in common with my saliva breakthrough. It's amazing how people have such similar experiences with it- the kind of experience that cannot even begin to be fathomed before being there. IT would be interesting to trip with a bunch of salvia students at the same time. of course, during the few minutes in the beginning, they will mean nothing. nonetheless, it would be interesting to piece everything together with the help of others going through the same thing.
As for trip reports- it really is vital to get it out in writing- it helps organize your thoughts (which makes it easier to explain to people) and records details that are easily forgotten. Reading through old trip reports of mine, I'm always stunned by how much I'd forgotten since then! Of course, you forget a huge amount by the time you've come down/out that cannot be recorded.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies