Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
christopher reeves wife
    #4515863 - 08/09/05 10:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

has lung cancer now...that poor fucking lady. her poor kid :frown: she never even smoked cigs. i heard on tv they think she got it from 2nd hand smoke. she spent most of her life as a lounge singer in smokey clubs. stupid smokers. i cant wait till they outlaw smoking in bars in OH, that way you have to take your filthy cancer habit outside  :cool:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: christopher reeves wife [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4515869 - 08/09/05 10:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

fuck that shit, we have a smoking ban in our town and it fucking sucks.  Smokers have rights too damnit! :smile: :P

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: christopher reeves wife [Re: coda]
    #4515880 - 08/09/05 10:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yes smokers have rights...you have the right to smoke outside, in your house, in your car, or basically any private residence. you have the right to pay a lot for something that will kill you prematurely. you have the right to endanger your child's health (born or unborn). you also have the right to fork over tons of tax money to the govt, and fund rich southern tobacco execs. smokers have the right to enjoy being tools of corporate scumbags :smile:

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#4515890 - 08/09/05 10:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yah, but at least we look cool while we're doing it! :wink: :laugh:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4515893 - 08/09/05 10:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hey man! I look cool while not smoking too ya know!
:cool:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#4515901 - 08/09/05 10:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i smoked about 1pack a day from 16-21 ....i quit and it sucked, it took LOTS of self control. its very possible to do unless you are weak willed.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: christopher reeves wife [Re: dblaney]
    #4515904 - 08/09/05 10:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

"i dont have a problem with this cigar smoking trend, if someone wants to put a huge, steaming, turd in their mouth who am i to say anything about it?" - carlin

--------------------

-JG

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #4515981 - 08/09/05 11:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't smoked since december.  I smoked half a pack a day for several years.  It's hard but I have to keep it up.  I used to think banning smoking in public places is dumb but the more I thin about it it really puts everyone at risk.  Tobacco sucks.  And what really sucks is that even after all this time I still crave a fucking cigarette.

:rail:

Back to topic, I feel very bad for Mrs. Reeves and family.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4516147 - 08/09/05 11:47 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

She will be dead within the year 90% chance. Shame to say.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
    #4516805 - 08/10/05 02:14 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
yes smokers have rights...you have the right to smoke outside, in your house, in your car, or basically any private residence. you have the right to pay a lot for something that will kill you prematurely. you have the right to endanger your child's health (born or unborn). you also have the right to fork over tons of tax money to the govt, and fund rich southern tobacco execs. smokers have the right to enjoy being tools of corporate scumbags :smile:

what about weed smoke?

or cigar smokers?

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #4516863 - 08/10/05 02:58 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I feel sorry for her..

and especially her son.

Lost his Dad...and now he might lose his Mom.
:frown:

I quit smoking cigarettes about 15 days ago...cold turkey.
I smoked for over 30 years.
It's a terrible addiction.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: christopher reeves wife [Re: BrAiN]
    #4516939 - 08/10/05 03:35 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
Quote:

KingOftheThing said:

what about weed smoke?

or cigar smokers?

cigar smoke is tobacco smoke and in the same category as cigarette smoke. weed smoke doesnt cause cancer, there have been studies to prove that. tobacco smoke is full of chemicals...i also dont know anyone who smokes 20 joints per day. people abuse the fuck out of tobacco. the native americans never meant it to be something you smoke every 30 mins, every waking hour of ur day.

i dont know how many people smoke here, im sure lots... so ill tell a little story that might push you to quit. my cousin was 34 years old. he had just gotten married, got his wife pregnant and was in the process of opening a bookstore/ coffeeshop he just purchased. he smoked about a pack a day, started when he was bout 13. he started to have these mild chest pains, they came and went for months...i remember him joking once that he thought he was having a heart attack. it was lung cancer. he was dead at 35. he died about a month after his kid was born. the store never opened, his wife lost hella $$$$.

smoking isnt worth it

Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
    #4516977 - 08/10/05 03:57 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:

cigar smoke is tobacco smoke and in the same category as cigarette smoke. weed smoke doesnt cause cancer, there have been studies to prove that. tobacco smoke is full of chemicals...i also dont know anyone who smokes 20 joints per day. people abuse the fuck out of tobacco. the native americans never meant it to be something you smoke every 30 mins, every waking hour of ur day.

Weed smoke has more chemicals than tobacco, and it's just as carcinogenic (or even more). You're right about the fact that nobody smokes 20 joints a day though.

"THC does not appear to be carcinogenic (cancer-causing), but some of the other chemicals released by smoking are poisonous. These include tar, carbon monoxide, and cyanide. One known carcinogen, benzopyrene, found in both types of smoke, seems to be greater in marijuana smoke. Another problem with marijuana is that it is almost always smoked without a filter. Using one would cut down on the amount of these chemicals. Consuming pot through a water pipe -- or bong -- would eliminate some of the byproducts of smoking. Currently, it does appear that pot smokers may run an increased risk of cancer, as well as other health problems."

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

Edited by ummikko (08/10/05 12:15 PM)

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #4516993 - 08/10/05 04:08 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I heard about this today. It is very sad. :frown: You don't hear about very many cases of people dieing from second hand smoke.

I'm an avid smoker but I (and anybody else around) would never smoke in the same house as my daughter. I will not condone that. If you have a habit that's your choice and problem to deal with, respect others, and especially children who do not have a choice.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OnlineCherk
Not a narc
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #4516994 - 08/10/05 04:08 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It's not about smokers' rights, it's about property rights...

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: christopher reeves wife [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4517000 - 08/10/05 04:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mattzdope said:
If you have a habit that's your choice and problem to deal with, respect others, and especially children who do not have a choice.

yeah especially women who smoke while their pregnant...its fucking disgusting to think some bitch would be that selfish. they should be charged with endangering children.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: christopher reeves wife [Re: ummikko]
    #4518093 - 08/10/05 02:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ummikko said:
Quote:

KingOftheThing said:

Weed smoke has more chemicals than tobacco, and it's just as carcinogenic (or even more). You're right about the fact that nobody smokes 20 joints a day though.

"THC does not appear to be carcinogenic (cancer-causing), but some of the other chemicals released by smoking are poisonous. These include tar, carbon monoxide, and cyanide. One known carcinogen, benzopyrene, found in both types of smoke, seems to be greater in marijuana smoke. Another problem with marijuana is that it is almost always smoked without a filter. Using one would cut down on the amount of these chemicals. Consuming pot through a water pipe -- or bong -- would eliminate some of the byproducts of smoking. Currently, it does appear that pot smokers may run an increased risk of cancer, as well as other health problems."

Didnt they just release a study disproving this?  Something about certain chemicals within the plant which actually helped prevent the cancer?  I seem to remember the article mentioning the orig research was bunk for some reason or another *yay govt testing :wink: *

--------------------

-JG

Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
    #4518111 - 08/10/05 02:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Haven't seen it, if anybody has a link I'd love to read it.

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: christopher reeves wife [Re: Cherk]
    #4518148 - 08/10/05 02:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Smoker For Peace said:
It's not about smokers' rights, it's about property rights...

exactly! I'll run my business how I want, and look how many wallet carrying consumers agree with me! The govt. should Butt out before my customers should!

P.S. I quit smoking cigs

sucks for reeve's wife... damn...
valid information is important because she could've made a better decision about where she worked... but now days with info available it's an accepted risk and anyone bitching about working around smokers should change jobs

Offlinesaz3
DELA-WHERE?

Loc: REPRESENT!
Re: christopher reeves wife [Re: ummikko]
    #4518160 - 08/10/05 02:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i've also read the same article, twice as a matter a fact (wish i still had the links), that research is leaning towards weed reducing or helping cancer? If THC contains more poison then cigs, then why hasn't there been massive deaths? I find the bogus research against weed so ridiculous...

--------------------
Only one Jah Rastafari

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Community >> The Pub