Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Coir, Hygrometer, Perlite, The Doors, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFungusBoi
Hedonist
Male
hangin my head low....
    #4515416 - 08/09/05 08:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

so, i thought i had this shit down pat, apparantly i don't. i bought a humidity sensor and mounted it in my 6 foot cabinet, which had 2 normal humidifiers in it (the fan kind). i knew the cab was leaky, no way to fix it unfortunatly, but they failed to get the humidity up even 1%. so then i bought two ultrasonic humidifiers, threw those babies in, and it looks like a b horror movie set when you open the doors up. unfortunatly, it's SOAKING everything, i have to syphon water out of the container tridaily, and the casings are totally water logged. right now, i'm letting everythign drain, no humidifiers running, and trying to dry it out for 2-3 days as the second flush rotted, and contams are showing :-( oh, the humidity sensor still reads 51%, which i cannot believe. grumble.

so it looks like i'm screwed either way with my humidification options, any ideas out there? any idea how to save the casings (they're in banana bread tins)??

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: hangin my head low.... [Re: FungusBoi]
    #4515440 - 08/09/05 08:30 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Suggestion: Get away from all that equipment if it's causing you that much agony. You don't need humidifiers or hygrometers to be succesful with P. Cubensis. Pick up a hand sprayer and a clear fruiting container. Learn how to moisten the casing layer just right, and fan a few times a day. OR, drill several holes to provide air exchange. Either way, all that equipment is definitely not needed.

Clear tub, hand sprayer, and fanning occasionally:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: hangin my head low.... [Re: Holydiver]
    #4515463 - 08/09/05 08:39 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

wow you got that without any other form of humidification besides misting? So i really even dont need the perlite if im doing casings?

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: hangin my head low.... [Re: coda]
    #4515478 - 08/09/05 08:43 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yep, and that's how I do all of my poo casings these days.  No humidifier or hygrometer to fool with.  I also have the luxury of being able to tend to my projects daily.  If that wasn't the case, humidifiers would be in the picture for air exchange purposes.  If you can't visit your grow daily, I'd look into a cool mist setup.

Heck no you don't need perlite for casings, get rid of that messy stuff once and for all.  :biggrin:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4515493 - 08/09/05 08:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diver said:
Suggestion: Get away from all that equipment if it's causing you that much agony.

exactly, there is no substitute for a little bit of work, being lazy tends to lead to more work than ever expected

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4515501 - 08/09/05 08:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

sweet! I too have the nice luxury of being able to attend to my grow more then 4 times a day, im sort of a recluse who doesnt like to leave my apt so my mushies get a lot of attention. Wish i had knew that before i went out and bought another bag of perlite. Guess my next step is to borrow my friends drill and make some holes.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: hangin my head low.... [Re: FungusBoi]
    #4515538 - 08/09/05 08:58 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i get tired of repeating myself, but i will do it once for you.
a reliable hygrometer will cost a C note (if you can buy it wholesale).
but i have a solution. click me.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: hangin my head low.... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4515566 - 08/09/05 09:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

exactly, there is no substitute for a little bit of work, being lazy tends to lead to more work than ever expected

True dat :thumbup:

OfflineFungusBoi
Hedonist
Male
Re: hangin my head low.... [Re: deanofmean]
    #4518975 - 08/10/05 06:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

it's not that i was trying to be lazy, i was trying to give them the best environment possible! i think you guys are right tho, with casings, i shouldn't need a constant humidification source, just enough moisture to keep the surface from drying out.

any suggestions on how to revive casings that have been drenched for a while? right now my plan is to let them dry out on their own for at least a couple more days, until the coir looks light brown, instead of blackish.

--------------------
"Never rest for even a second, because a second becomes a minute, a minute becomes an hour, a hour becomes a day, and a day, a lifetime" -PTEI

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Coir, Hygrometer, Perlite, The Doors, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation