Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
First casing pics
    #4515187 - 08/09/05 07:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I took the 4 brf cakes i had (each had flushed once), crumbled them up, tossed them in alum baking pan, used 50/50 coir/verm/  and this is the result.  I guess it would be considered a second flush because the cakes had flushed once already.  Correct me if im wrong.

Strain is B+ the big one is about 7 inches tall id say, didnt measure it tho.  Crappy pinset i know, but im happy with it :smile:  Forget cakes, casings all the way from now on.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First casing pics [Re: coda]
    #4515356 - 08/09/05 08:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
  Forget cakes, casings all the way from now on.

^Indeed, cakes are the suck in all regards.  Congrats on your grow  :thumbup:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First casing pics [Re: Holydiver]
    #4515449 - 08/09/05 08:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

thanks diver! Yah, i wanted to do the cakes just so i could see what it was like, compare the two for myself, find out which was easier and what produces more. I know i could have found all those answers out by reading (and i had) but to me i like to experience it first. Who knows maybe it would have been easier to do cakes, but as i found out, casings are just as easy as cakes are so im gonna stick to them from now one.

On to grains and spawn runs with poo next! God i love this hobby, its nice to learn things and enjoy yourself at the same time.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First casing pics [Re: coda]
    #4515460 - 08/09/05 08:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome choice. If it was up to me, grains + poo would be the first step in learning. WBS in quart jars is super simple (once you find your rhythm) and spawning to poo is simple. The results are outstanding, 10x better than the best cake grow.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First casing pics [Re: Holydiver]
    #4515486 - 08/09/05 08:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yah, i can understand that. Through my 4 years of browsing this site ive read about a ton of different techniques. What stuck out to me was that BRF had a high success rate with first time growers over grains because (IMO) the prep process was easier. So thats why i chose BRF, but to be honest, dealing with all the shit to make the jars now seems harder then soaking boiling grains. I just did 16 jars and im pretty damn sure they're too wet and when i get back from vacation ill have 16 jars of green waiting to greet me.

Didnt want to fuck with grain right now, so when i get back im all about picking up a bag of WBS and some quart jars to play around with, im kind of stuck on how i should go with my FC whether to stick with my current setup (92 liter tub w perlite), upgrade to a martha, or do a monotub.

Any suggestions?

--------------------

-JG

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation