Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetoadstools
great googelymoogely
 User Gallery

Loc: FL USA
First flush pics
    #4515137 - 08/09/05 06:38 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I would  first of all like to thank everyone who helped me along the way by answering my stupid newbie questions, probably for the hundreth time. I finally had my first albeit rather puny flush from my first cake (I did not dunk this one, the rest I dunked and rolled)
My question is the stems on these GT's are hollow, and they were kinda collapsed or creased as can be seen on the one bigger shroom. Initially I thought it was because of low moisture but the stems when picked contained enough moisture so as to create a small puddle on the plate. Any idea's on why this is or if it is normal would be appreciated. I have finally gotten somewhere, now it is time to improve on my methods.
Thanks again to all!  :grin:
Toadstools

--------------------
:mushroom2: :heart: :sun: Meddle, Meddle, Friend of mine, All good things in all good time! :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First flush pics [Re: toadstools]
    #4515200 - 08/09/05 07:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I think all cube stems are hollow? All of mine have been. Decent looking shrooms man, congrats. BTW is that overlay on the top of your cake? My GT cakes did the same thing except the top 1/2 of the cake looks like that instead of just the verm on top ( i rolled and DEC'ed them). Looked all puffy, had to throw mine in the fridge because im leaving for vacation on fri and they didnt pin in time. Been wondering if what happened on my cake was overlay, and even if overlay can happen on a cake.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinetoadstools
great googelymoogely
 User Gallery

Loc: FL USA
Re: First flush pics [Re: coda]
    #4515497 - 08/09/05 08:47 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

This is my first grow ever, so your guess is as good as mine about the overlay. I'm not sure what overlay even looks like. My only hope is that I don't find out what overlay is on my tub of PE on poo. I just started fruiting it yesterday. :grin:

--------------------
:mushroom2: :heart: :sun: Meddle, Meddle, Friend of mine, All good things in all good time! :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4515722 - 08/09/05 10:07 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

PE on poo is in my future, just have to wait a tad bit longer to get there :smile: 

It was a general question anyways, hoping someone might know the answer.  I had it happen to me and im scratching my head cuz my B+ cakes didnt do that.  It looks pretty cool tho :smile:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: First flush pics [Re: coda]
    #4516173 - 08/09/05 11:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I am just a newb also but it looks like u have way too much moisture there. But I am just a newb so I could be wrong.

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: First flush pics [Re: FungusMan]
    #4516263 - 08/10/05 12:04 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

They're not all hollow. Although in my friend's experiences they often were. My friend grew some cubes before that were as dense and as long as coneys before and ate them fresh. It was horrible. But the trip was good he tells me.

OfflineShiin
Orthodox Christian

Re: First flush pics [Re: ImOver18]
    #4516866 - 08/10/05 02:59 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Nice grow man,  :tongue2: , sum of mine came out that way 2, i think its moisture as you have guessed, just experiment woth misting/fanning , ull get it right. but nice grow man!

--------------------

Respect...............

Everything I state is strickly false information.

"I do not take drugs, I am drugs" Salvador Dali

God destroyeth the wisdom of the wise, by the foolishness of preaching, and calleth not the wise, mighty, and noble, but the foolish, weak, and men of no account.

1 Corinthians 1:27

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4516898 - 08/10/05 03:17 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Congrats  :thumbup: Nice job.

Very good looking shrooms for a cake. Very nice. They just don't get real big on cakes. :frown:

You'll really see the diferrence in nutes when your PE fruit. :grin:

Your big shroom actually appears to be two that grew together like siamese twins. Cool looking. They share a stipe and cap. Gonna have to copy that pic. I really like it.

Overlay is a term more associated with casings. It's when the mycelium colonizes the casing layer to the extent that it grows together in a mat above the casing layer. Inhibiting the casing layer from being able to absorb moisture and complete it's purpose.

Since it appears you did a double end case, noticed you used perlite on the bottom instead of verm, seems to have worked, and the top layer is colonized to the point where it looks like it might have some trouble supplying the moisture it could, guess you could call it "overlay" ,lol.

Looking Good. Looking forward to seeing how your PE come out. It's one of my favorites. :grin: Got my biggest shroom of all from PE. 107 grams, dried to 12 grams.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First flush pics [Re: ImOver18]
    #4517022 - 08/10/05 04:34 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

>They're not all hollow.

I heard once that Puerto Ricans are not hollow.

I'm not sure tho. I have some incubating now. Guess I'll find out eventually.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation