Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

San Pedro and the White Punch-Buggy from God
    #4514616 - 08/09/05 02:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"You can't always get what you want.
No you can't always get what you want.
You can't always get what you want.
But if you try sometimes,
you just might find,
you get what you need!"
- Mick Jagger

The words of that famous Rolling Stones tune were rolling through my head yesterday as I lay on the beach weeping in agonizing spiritual doubt.  The mescaline had given me an unstoppaple craving for contact with something certain... God, Truth, something--someone--to sit with me and tell me it was going to be allright--that the world was real and life mattered.  I cried a bit, prayed a bit, and struggled on through the definite +3 experience.

What was happening to me?  From what I'd gathered from trip reports and two prior San Pedro experiences, mescaine was a fun compound, significally lagging behind the all holy mushroom in the spirituality department, but tactally delightful, sensual, and upbeat.  Lots of people have likened it to rolling.  So as I stood in my kitchen chopping, slicing, dicing, and grinding the green stuff, I looked forward to an easy day of sun, sand, and, maybe, sex? with my girlfriend and tripping partner.

We headed north up the Pacific Coast Highway to a beautiful beach--so beautiful it looks ridiculous, really, like a cheap christian tramp's image of heaven, or at least somewhere she'd like to have her wedding.  But astoundingly beautiful, nonetheless, if not a bit cheesy.  We sat in this stunning oasis, steadied our tastebuds, and let the onslaught begin. 

We toasted our hefty plastic cups full of green slime and drank in the california sun.

After a period of queasy weirdness, we headed south along the shoreline to do some exploring.  This must have been about 3 hours after ingestion, because the material really started to hit.  I gradually became aware of a ball of sadness resting somewhere in my emotional core. Something I had been habitually denying, ignoring, distracting myself from its shadowy presence through reading, skateboarding, etc.  But today the Mescaline made this sadness undeniable, agonizingly unavoidable.

Meanwhile, Liddy is typically having a wonderful time, playful and light, when she turns her head to the left and sees the ghastly remains of a partially consumed dead seal.  She grabbed me and screamed, releasing a bolt of pure revulsion.  Mescaline makes you ultra-sensitive--both physically and emotionally--and the image of this seal burned its way past her defenses, strait into her hyperactive amygdala. 

With no idea that Liddy's world had transformed into 'death-land' as she called it, a world of pervasive decay complete with circling vultures, I told her I needed some time alone to deal with my sadness, and walked away, leaving her to sort out her own trip (which she did).  I walked towards the shoreline and sat down, staring at the water.  This is where I made a simple and genuine prayer to God for some contact... something along the lines of "Look, it doesn't have to be right now, it doesn't have to be too much, just please remind me that youre there like you used to." My trip escalated without resolution. 

A bit later, still peaking, I lay on my back, Liddy's face to the left, and then sun's in the right.  Right then, I think I may have gotten a hint of the perfect benevolence and brilliance of this God-entity Id been asking after.  It was actaually a brilliant black point of light... so bright, that I could only percieve its negative afterimage.  It faded away pretty quickly, but my trip turned around right then. 

We spent the lengthy come-down in the usual post-psychedelic discussion, characterized by a dynamic and compelling net of topics which, under analysis, reveal that they both are and arent--yes, and no--the Coinscidencia Oppositorum that seems to pop up so in psychedelic-influenced reasoning. 

While I didn't get the three hour orgasmic sense-fest, the vanilla hallucinations, or, incidentally, the sex that characterized my last Mescaline experience, I did untimately enjoy this difficult, sad, and sometimes scary trip much more.  I was expecting a drug, but I got a medicine.  Like they say, "white man medicine make you feel good first, bad later.  Indian medicine make you feel bad first, good later."  On the comedown, I hadn't figured out the source of my sadness, I hadn't gotten the definitive contact with God (yet :tongue2: ) but I nevertheless felt refreshed, like stepping out of a warm spiritual shower on a cold, dark night of the soul.  Just sitting there with the sadness presence, feeling it, really helped. 

And then, a cosmic wink.

My car was in the shop, and I had borrowed my sister's new VW Bug.  Its devastatingly girly, complete with swaying palm trees on the license-plate and a pink My Little Pony in the dash.  As I drove this shameful thing, my girlfriend and I compared it to the old Beetle.  We both discovered a strong nostalgia for the old one, which is increasingly rare.  I had recently noticed the absense of a Beetle that had been parked on my street as long as I could remember.  I wanted to see another one--badly. 

And so the cosmic giggle becomes your friend.

We turned left onto my street, and I prepared to put the ugly new bug back in its parking place, and something amazing happened.  There was a classic old VW Beetle, white and beautiful, one which I had never seen, sitting there in my sister's parking spot!  I got out and inspected it--it wasn't a hallucination--it was truly a gift from God. 

I feel spiritually alive today, and all I had to do was take Mescaline and ask :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by Noviseer (08/11/05 10:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: San Pedro and the White Punch-Buggy from God [Re: Noviseer]
    #4515284 - 08/09/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Whoa, that's far out man!

Did you ever figure out where the van came from?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: San Pedro and the White Punch-Buggy from God [Re: dblaney]
    #4515366 - 08/09/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

nope, never did!  I mean, other than from another dimension, that is  :wink:  It was gone in the morning.

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4515905 - 08/09/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dig it man

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4518069 - 08/10/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That's great! The universe has a sense of humor.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4521843 - 08/11/05 11:55 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That was a wonderful trip report and sounded like a beautiful experience. I felt a little pang in the opening paragraph just imagining that, being there were the water crashes into the earth and feeling so far away from god...glad you got what you were looking for, even if it wasn't what you expected!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom