Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDicer
underconstruction
Losing touch with reality?
    #4514486 - 08/09/05 03:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've been doing shrooms regularly for the past few months, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to accept the 'normality' of everyday life. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but I feel like I've taken the red pill and now see the world in it's true form. In many ways I wish I was ignorant as I was before, on the other hand I could just be going mad.

I've gone into deep thought about our short existence on this tiny planet and how insignificant we really are. We live our lives on a conveyor belt, doing what everyone else does to fit in until we die and then thats it...time carries on for eternity without us. We're here for such a short time it really doesn't matter what we do in life, world war III could break out tomorrow and the human race wiped out, but it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference. I'm sitting here wondering what I'm supposed to be doing to make it worthwhile and thinking I'd be wasting my life working just because thats what we do. It's not getting me anywhere, but I feel like everyone else is brainwashed and I cant be like them.

To me the things I'm thinking make sense, but I'd probably be called mad by most 'normal' people. I know shrooms can effect your outlook on life and I dont see these thoughts as entirely negative because I can see things as they really are. But I also feel like we're not supposed to know these things, because they conflict with a basic instint - survival. Why should we want to survive if it leads us nowhere?

So what's the verdict...am I seeing truth or going mad?

--------------------
Every chance that you get, is a chance you seize.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Losing touch with reality? [Re: Dicer]
    #4514505 - 08/09/05 03:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Depends. You could be seeing more of the truth behind the curtains and that can make one mad if they can't handle it and adjust. Time to get grounded out for a while. Take a break from the shrooms for a while and readjust to the new view.

A lot of people experience what you are as they go through spiritual awakenings. Do yourself a favor and don't fall into the trap of thinking that working and taking responsibility for your life is worthless or useless. Learning how to take responsibility with a new found meaning is the next step.

Otherwise, you will fall into apathy and spiritual wasteland.

Now, instead of working for the man and his plan, you are working for yourself and your plan.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineMJF
Human Being
 User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees...
Re: Losing touch with reality? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4514575 - 08/09/05 03:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

so what do you think about Nietsche (spelling?) when he said "only when we deny God, deny responsibility, only then do we redeem the world" thats not an exacty quote...could be though....
i have this thought that....there is no such thing as getting away from responsibility.....and when people talk about "taking responsibility" they are talking about something different....like...social boundaries, or obligations, or....restrictions or something....
not sure where i'm going with this...

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Losing touch with reality? [Re: MJF]
    #4514624 - 08/09/05 04:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

One world gets rejected and a new one accepted.

Obligations and restrictions are old world stuff.

In the next world you accept, you do what you do because it is your choice. It always was, only now, you realize that and the bitter resentments and chains fade away with the old world.

The realization of yourself as being the one who has been choosing for you all along is what I mean by taking on a new and different level of responsibility.

Now, I don't work cuz the man says I have to to own and home and buy food.

I can disappear in the Bushes of Kauai if I want too. I work because I want the comfy home and ready to go food.

I don't "have" to take care of my daughter. I choose too and I know that.

See the difference? It's subtle but its huge.

What I have to say in relation to Nietzsche is that when you deny the powerful creator god out there, you open space to accept the one within you.

When you deny the power of the world out their to control you, you accept your own power of control to create your own worlds within a world.

It may seem disorienting and like you are loosing touch with reality and you are. You are loosing touch with an old version of it and the next step is to get in touch with a new version of reality.

There isn't just one. Realizing that is shocking and disorienting for many.

You go through a surreal phase but you will acclimate and adjust.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineMJF
Human Being
 User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees...
    #4514636 - 08/09/05 04:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

that is a great post

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4514647 - 08/09/05 04:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

"I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but I feel like I've taken the red pill and now see the world in it's true form."

take both.. :P

:wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4514655 - 08/09/05 04:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

it was just a good question dicer asked. :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDicer
underconstruction
    #4514670 - 08/09/05 04:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

We dont have a choice, we live to serve society. We need to work for money, we need to fit in, we need to follow laws. We're dominated by humanity in almost everything we do. When we take away responsibility and social boundries we're removed from the rest of the world and other people. My thoughts have gone beyond the here and now, I see the big picture as a living entity in the universe, which essentially is all we really are. It's difficult to function as a normal person in this state, there is no need to.

My only real option is to block the thoughts out, force myself to be brainwashed. Thats how we carry on. Our entire lives are the result of the most basic instinct all living creatures have, and our brains are filler, a lie to give us reasons. The whole process serves no purpose...but we're stuck with it.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4514679 - 08/09/05 04:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

So what's the verdict...am I seeing truth or going mad?

What?  Why does it always have to be "either/or" with humans. 

Why not both? 

Or you might have always been mad.  :smile: You might be more used to it then you think.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Losing touch with reality? [Re: Gomp]
    #4514680 - 08/09/05 04:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

PS: reproduction, does not have to split externally.. :P

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4514693 - 08/09/05 04:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Appearantly, you have it all figured out. So why did you post this question?

Did you want insight from others or did you want to tell us that you have seen the light?

We've all seen the light Dicer and then, went back to work for new reasons or feel into apathy and disfunction.

Now that I see why you posted, I'm not down for the drama.  I don't serve society unless I choose too. I have choices :seeya:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDicer
underconstruction
    #4514728 - 08/09/05 04:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You made a good post and I'm sorry my last one sounded like I ignored it, I was posting thoughts again without thinking enough about what you said. If I had it all worked out I wouldn't be in this mess.

I'm trying to get the motivation to move on and believe me I do appreciate your insight.

--------------------

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #4515110 - 08/09/05 06:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I know how you feel, except for the part about life being meaningless. I don't understand why human life (at least in America) is defined, by school, more school, work, retirement, (but by that time most are too old to really do anything anyway) and then death. Psychedelics, mainly LSD, took me from listening to "popular" music and trying to fit in with the popular kids, and trying to build my ego up to truly finding myself. It more or less let me "look in" on the society I was living in with a clear mind and really let me think about what was going on. You don't know how much of an effect school, TV, other people, advertisements, money and other things have on you until you can think with a psychedelic mind. Some people have seen the light their whole lives, but for me, it took psychedelics. And it wasn't even during my trips that I would have these revelations, it was mainly days/weeks/months later. But now I find myself somewhat stuck, I don't want to continue college, I don't want to work, I don't want to do any of that shit. I just want to see shows, be outside and enjoy myself, without doing all of these "synthetic" activities. That's how I view much of society's ways, as "synthetic", money, cars, houses, all of it. But you need to strike a balance, kind of what Jiggy was talking about. If you don't want to work, you don't have to, if you don't want to go to school, then don't, but then what? You can free yourself completely from society if you choose to, but you'd better have a large network of friends all over the country to aid you in this. Back in the 60's it was much easier to drop out, but nowadays you gotta do what you gotta do. Find a nice job that you don't mind that much, move in with some friends and go on road trips as much as possible. But don't feel like you need to sink back into your old ways, just do what makes you happy.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Losing touch with reality? [Re: Cubieman420]
    #4515265 - 08/09/05 07:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4515715 - 08/09/05 10:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dicer said:
We dont have a choice, we live to serve society. We need to work for money, we need to fit in, we need to follow laws. We're dominated by humanity in almost everything we do. When we take away responsibility and social boundries we're removed from the rest of the world and other people. My thoughts have gone beyond the here and now, I see the big picture as a living entity in the universe, which essentially is all we really are. It's difficult to function as a normal person in this state, there is no need to.

you're right. the big picture as a living entity is exactly right. so what's the problem? your life is part of that entity. so is everyone elses. of course we live to serve society. we are part of it. it's good is our good. by taking the responsibilty to contribute towards society, we are fulfilling our purpose in that living entity. that doesn't mean accept everything society tells you, by questioning society you help improve it, you contribute part of your self to the that living entity you're talking about.

Quote:

My only real option is to block the thoughts out, force myself to be brainwashed. Thats how we carry on. Our entire lives are the result of the most basic instinct all living creatures have, and our brains are filler, a lie to give us reasons. The whole process serves no purpose...but we're stuck with it.

No. you have the option of accepting your position in society as a member of society and contributing to the greater good by questioning and probing and pushing society to be better than it is. it is only your self imposed sense of alienation that holds you back. choose a path and follow it.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Losing touch with reality? [Re: psychomime]
    #4516799 - 08/10/05 02:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dude you sound like me six months to a year ago.

When I was eating shrooms every week for a year i started to question the hell out of reality. For a while I was pretty sure that I didn't exist. In fact, I'm still not really sure that I do, but I know one thing for sure. This EXPERIANCE exists! And it is as real as anything is going to get. So I've learned to accept it and get over all that existential bullshit.

I was so afraid of being forced to live by the system. Having society dictate how I was supposed to be happy, make money, and live my life. But then I realized that the only limitations are ones that I put on myself.

I'm going to college now, hoping to become a neuro-scientist so I can study consciousness and spiritual experiances. I may not make a lot of money doing it, but I'm using my creativity to manipulate the system, to manuever around inside of it to make myself happy and to chase my own dreams. Does that sound like conforming to you?

You can't escape the system entirely, but it only has as much power over you as you give it.

My advice? Lay off the shrooms for a while and integrate the experiance. Throw your TV away and be more critical of what you are so deceptively taught by mass media, highschool, and social programming. Question everything, but don't be a cynic about it. Start studying some religious texts. It doesn't matter which ones, just choose one, or two. They all say the same thing anyways. And try to spend some time in nature away from the city. Things are really clear out there...

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Losing touch with reality? [Re: dr0mni]
    #4517307 - 08/10/05 09:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

My advice? Lay off the shrooms for a while and integrate the experiance. Throw your TV away and be more critical of what you are so deceptively taught by mass media, highschool, and social programming. Question everything, but don't be a cynic about it. Start studying some religious texts. It doesn't matter which ones, just choose one, or two. They all say the same thing anyways. And try to spend some time in nature away from the city. Things are really clear out there...

Pretty good advice IMO. I have done all of that with good results myself. :thumbup: Well, at least I think the results are good. :grin:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology