Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedivinityinfinity
Hot LittleMuffin

a little confused about casing......
    #4513699 - 08/09/05 08:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ok basically im spawning BRF cakes to poo. Ive got the poo all ready to go but ive been reading up on all the techniques here on the site and im not really clear on well, a lot of things still

1. do you mix the poo and the cake, or do you layer them, and what about a layer of vermiculite?

2. If you're keeping a cover on the casing, why do you need such intense humidification? Do you remove the cover at some point? The guides ive read have not been very clear with this....

3. Whats the right amount of moisture in your poo? Ive read you CAN'T squeeze drops out of it, and then that you CAN.

if someone could answer me these things it would be very much appreciated  :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: a little confused about casing...... [Re: divinityinfinity]
    #4513743 - 08/09/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ok what you do is get a freezer bag and crumble your cakes inside it. i've found that layers are inefficient so i mix my spawn very well with the poo so there is a little spawn all over. then i add a very thin layer of poo on top to cover the mycelium as a precaution. as for vermiculite i have found that to be a pain in the ass to remove when harvesting so i no longer use it.
the cover on the casing is usually removed after the first week of the spawn run. casings do not require as much humidity as cakes do, there for you really don't need a humidifier for casings. it's prolly a little too much for it.
on to your 3rd question, the right amount of moisture is when you squeeze the poo only a few drops come out. key word is few. you don't want the poo to be over hydrated as this may lead to contamination, better to be a little dry then too wet. personally i just hydrate the poo and then squeeze out the excess moisture and load it into some bins. good luck.

Offlinedivinityinfinity
Hot LittleMuffin

Re: a little confused about casing...... [Re: thenewguy05]
    #4513753 - 08/09/05 08:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

thank you so much for your help! im off to pooooooo

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder