Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMych
Stranger

How can i disolve my strong ego?
    #4512425 - 08/09/05 12:18 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

my ego REALLY doesnt like to be disolved. It will fight through most trips and i have been able to completely break out of several (while sitting through a really nasty feeling till the drug goes away). but yea that sucks.

what tips do you guys have for letting a really strong ego die when it doesnt want to?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: Mych]
    #4512613 - 08/09/05 01:05 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

mediate on being nothing and everything at once.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: coda]
    #4513073 - 08/09/05 02:51 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

meditation can be a great tool for calming the ego. Maybe start meditating for a few months then try tripping on a low dose and meditate while tripping. If you genuinely trying to overcome this problem it can be done but a halfassed attempt wont get you anywhere. Mantras are also useful tool while tripping. One that i like and have used is "Acceptance is the experience." Evan made that one up, and thanks to that mantra i've made it past some intense moments. You can also always do suck a dose that you'll have no choice but to dissolve your ego. Try 5 grams of mushrooms, 18 inches of san pedro and 500 mics of acid all at once. if that doesn't kill your ego nothing will. ;P

--------------------
:goose:

Offlinekroum
Stranger
Loc: CA
Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: Dimmy]
    #4513285 - 08/09/05 04:06 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Remind yourself this is what you want. Tell yourself you took the drug to experience ego death. If you can remember that, all you have to do is relax and gently float downstream.

--------------------
"Why not?"
Last words of Timothy Leary

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: kroum]
    #4513369 - 08/09/05 04:43 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: butterflydawn]
    #4513647 - 08/09/05 09:26 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

butterflydawn said:
http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_experience/psychedelic_experience.shtml

:thumbup:

and meditation. the ego will do absolutely everything to try and stay alive, its a very powerful thing.

ease yourself in with lowish doses, and with an experienced sitter if possible. just lay down and concentrate on your breath. let everything else fade away, just breath, and accept whatever comes as neither good or bad.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: alsey]
    #4513701 - 08/09/05 10:15 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO WEAKEN A STRONG EGO:

Some peoples' egos are stronger than others'. For those people, it takes more than just drugs to kill the ego. It must be weakened first. The best way to take away the ego's strength is to cut off it's sources of energy. First, you need to be in nature, away from civilization. This will cut off some of the ego's greatest sources (roles, statuses, insecurity, norms [mores]). If that doesnt work, then you have to go even further. To weaken the ego enough [for sure] to kill it, you have to reach near ego-lessness (very difficult without drugs) through meditation. Relax yourself and concentrate on relieving your soul of the burden of separation. Try to think of your body and mind as one with the universe (i know it sounds really cliche, but it works).
Many people find that this is easier when you add a splash of religion or ritual to it. You can try fasting, or smoking tobacco ritually. I like to chant while i meditate.
I remember the first time that i intentionally reached ego-loss. It was on a closed beach in Galveston around midnight, and i chanted Parabol (by Tool, a great chant because of its subtle bhuddist undertones) and lightly puffed on my [tobacco] pipe while sitting on some rocks that were just above the tide (which was already behind me, it was like sitting on a rock in the middle of the ocean). The sound of the waves mixed with the smooth and easy tone of the tobacco smoke was so relaxing that i almost slipped into a trance while waiting for the trip.

Good luck,
and Happy Shrooming!  :thumbup:  :mushroom2:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4514188 - 08/09/05 01:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Weakening your ego starts in your sober life first.

What do you treat other people? Do you treat them how you want to be treated? Are you kind to others? Do you often reach out and help other people?

Helping another and focusing on being kind is a great way to reduce your ego without the use of any drugs.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: MOTH]
    #4514716 - 08/09/05 04:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

You could always just take twice the highest dosage you've taken yet, or a good step up from the highest youve taken yet, depending on what youve tried so far. I cant guarentee it'll be pleasant, but it should take care of that ego for you..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #4514789 - 08/09/05 04:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Smoke DMT, if that is unavailable (I know how rare it generally is) then take a higher dosage. What's the highest dosage you've ever taken? 5gs of really good mushrooms, or 7 if you're a hardhead should do the trick, and 500+ugs of LSD will also do it. Just make sure you're prepared, and looking to go all the way when you drop.....and have a sitter, that will make it easier for you to let go.

--------------------

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4514819 - 08/09/05 05:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

just stop thinking so much.

dont expect anything from the trip, and dont "try" to make anything happen. just focus on relaxing and slow your breath a bit (you can control those right?) and let what happens happen.

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: Mindzpore]
    #4514872 - 08/09/05 05:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

if you have a strong ego your trip will be strongly influenced by your expectations. try not having any expectations, just go with the flow.

focus on just perceiving the moment and your perceptions, dont think, dont lable, dont judge. dont task "is my ego dissolved yet?". suspend all judgement till after the trip.

one easy way to do that is to focus on your direct perceptions, or your beath. somewhat kind of like a vipassana meditation (goenka style).

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

OfflineJabbawaya

#4515171 - 08/09/05 06:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mych said:
my ego REALLY doesnt like to be disolved. It will fight through most trips and i have been able to completely break out of several (while sitting through a really nasty feeling till the drug goes away). but yea that sucks.

what tips do you guys have for letting a really strong ego die when it doesnt want to?

Meditate.

--------------------

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4515642 - 08/09/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO WEAKEN A STRONG EGO:

Some peoples' egos are stronger than others'. For those people, it takes more than just drugs to kill the ego. It must be weakened first. The best way to take away the ego's strength is to cut off it's sources of energy. First, you need to be in nature, away from civilization. This will cut off some of the ego's greatest sources (roles, statuses, insecurity, norms [mores]). If that doesnt work, then you have to go even further. To weaken the ego enough [for sure] to kill it, you have to reach near ego-lessness (very difficult without drugs) through meditation. Relax yourself and concentrate on relieving your soul of the burden of separation. Try to think of your body and mind as one with the universe (i know it sounds really cliche, but it works).
Many people find that this is easier when you add a splash of religion or ritual to it. You can try fasting, or smoking tobacco ritually. I like to chant while i meditate.
I remember the first time that i intentionally reached ego-loss. It was on a closed beach in Galveston around midnight, and i chanted Parabol (by Tool, a great chant because of its subtle bhuddist undertones) and lightly puffed on my [tobacco] pipe while sitting on some rocks that were just above the tide (which was already behind me, it was like sitting on a rock in the middle of the ocean). The sound of the waves mixed with the smooth and easy tone of the tobacco smoke was so relaxing that i almost slipped into a trance while waiting for the trip.

Good luck,
and Happy Shrooming! 

^ damn thats some good advice :smile:

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #4515866 - 08/09/05 10:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

SEE what you see
HEAR what you hear
FEEL the breath and body
Know that everything you are experiencing (including your sense of self) is arising within your awareness.  EVERYTHING!

As a Zen monk in training (still havent taken my vows, so I can still have sex and do drugs, as long as Roshi doesnt find out... :wink:) I face ego-loss on a daily basis through meditation.  Psychedelics are wonderful tools for this.  Though, I find the more I meditate, the more meditation becomes like an acid trip.  Its pretty cool.

:heart:Peace:heart:

:hippie:

--------------------
There are an infinite number of ways to interpret experience... The trick is not to fall for any of them

Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #4515898 - 08/09/05 10:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

please do not take a large dose or you will be egoless in a hellish enviroment. take as small a dose possible to get you there. try to perform some activity all through the come up (meditation, herbal smoke, masturbation, research, music, movie etc) and forget that you ever took the mushrooms. do not worry when it will hit you or if you are going to be okay, just pre-occupy yourself and it will feel good when it comes. if you feel nausea, read the tips on that, as that may be scaring you into negativity. wishing for ego loss wont help either, you need to be relaxed in your enviroment. don't scare yourself with a superman dose and take it slow. i'm confident that with some work, you will get there.

OfflineMych
Stranger

Re: How can i disolve my strong ego? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4516006 - 08/09/05 11:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Smoke DMT, if that is unavailable (I know how rare it generally is) then take a higher dosage. What's the highest dosage you've ever taken? 5gs of really good mushrooms, or 7 if you're a hardhead should do the trick, and 500+ugs of LSD will also do it. Just make sure you're prepared, and looking to go all the way when you drop.....and have a sitter, that will make it easier for you to let go.

i have had complete ego loss with a level 4/5 salvia trip.. oddly enough that was my very FIRST drug experience as well ( i knew what i was getting into). It was definately scary as fuck with the only think you know about is simply existing. its just that whenever i take a substance that eases me into some sort of ego loss, i can feel myself trying to grab onto bits of reality as i get lost.. it sucks and causes me to pull myself out of the trip which leaves some harsh body effects till the trip is over.
i have done this with very high THC dosages (via ingestion), and DXM.. I could feel ego loss aproaching but for whatever reason i felt the need to be able to interact with "reality" while under the influence so well.. i jumped out of the trip.

i have been trying shrooms but have yet to get a trip (even off of 4g)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience