Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

DXM as a social lubricant.
    #4512378 - 08/09/05 12:07 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I can't believe how much a 300mg dose opened me up to being me. I talked on the phone with a girl I'd been friends with online, and it was the easiest thing in the world. Talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk.... so robotic, so easy, so free.... just speak... speak your mind.

There is no censorship. It's quite wonderful, this dissociative thingy. Very speedy, very odd..... and I'm coming down... no visuals, that's okay, if I had closed my eyes while coming up perhaps I'd have had some? Ah well, it's all good.

Writing seems easy... honestly, why is this drug dangerous? I feel so coherent. Sure I make a few typos along the way but it's helping me express myself so much better than I ever could on marijuana or morning glories.

(well maybe I could express myself better on morning glories) hummm?

This is a nice drug. I hope I can keep some of this comfortability of being me. It's kind of like the social boost of being drunk, but a lot more euphoric and on the trippy side of things.

How can it be bad for your brain? :frown: i wanna do it again right away, which I guess is dangerous eh? Hmm.

It's a nice drug, much better than my lackluster zombified 208 mg dose.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: DXM as a social lubricant. [Re: leery11]
    #4514924 - 08/09/05 05:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It is dangerous because it makes you feel and act the way you do, and you like the way that is and may crave the drug more. It can help some people get along very well. It is also addictive.
Regular users can expect a common fever and other sickness associated symptoms to come and go. Drugs make you feel good sometimes, that does not make the effect it has on you good. Don't be the pathetic person who gets addicted to a daily trip to Wal-Mart so they can get their fix. I have seen it happen. Be careful.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: DXM as a social lubricant. [Re: mecreateme]
    #4514992 - 08/09/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I won't do it for a few weeks to a month just because of all the negative possibilities out there.

Aside from a minor feeling of being "hung over" though it doesn't really seem that "bad for you" and I'm not sure how it would be addictive physically unless you used it all the time.

Plus I don't really have any desire to do it again right away... it's just kind of nasty taking all those cough gels, and though the social benefits are fun and everything, it's kind of weird and quirky. It also made my mouth shiver a lot like I was really cold, even though I wasn't particularly.

I did have very vivid visions when going to bed though, but they were "dull" as if "not really there" and only accompanied closed eyes. There was some ability to control what I saw, but it was tricky... I'd have to "think it deeply" in other words I couldn't just say "I want to see...." because expressing the desire doesn't work, it's just the split moment of the realization that you want to see something that makes it sort of flicker up.

And.... I felt this strong connection to a "memory void" while on it, like I knew where I was, but it felt like I was in a very comfortable "dream composite" of all this is me... like all that is the concept of "home" though I did not feel dissociated from reality, just from my body. It wasn't like the feeling of literally dreaming (sort of a deja vu kind of thing) that morning glories have.

all in all its an interesting drug and I don't think it should be stigmatized just because it's in cough-syrup. Imagine if LSD were sold over the counter to treat migraines and cluster headaches (i wish), would people frown upon you for "lowering yourself" to the level of doing OTCs to trip? Legal is better than illegal any way you look at it.... additives suck of course.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Edited by leery11 (08/09/05 06:02 PM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#4518275 - 08/10/05 03:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Ummm.... Not if you have experienced LSD. You must not have, if you think that DXM can even halfway compare. DXM is like being a drunken zombie at higher doses, comatose at monster doses. And when you do mid level doses, some people learn to like socializing. I have seen this cycle many times with quite a few friends of mine.

Quote:

made my mouth shiver a lot like I was really cold, even though I wasn't particularly.I did have very vivid visions when going to bed though, but they were "dull" as if "not really there"

Quote:

it doesn't really seem that "bad for you"

Can you not sense the obvious side effects. Plus as you say taking it in cough gel form there are soooo many additives and filler and shit. Try and get some real psychedelics, DXM is like putting your foot in the door.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4519294 - 08/10/05 08:46 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

well it's obviously to some degree bad for you but it just doesn't seem like the brain murderer that some have painted it to be (and indeed olney's lesions are very controversial due to fraudulent research) it seems like the consensus is DXM may be bad for your head, and is in 3rd/4th plateau doses, but the whole "dissociatives are dangerous" stuff [from what i've read] seems to be based upon PCP studies, which don't take into account the fact that PCP has other harmful chemicals in it.

I gathered something of the above sort from browsing through erowid articles, and William White recently retracted his criticisms over the substance.

So yeah, I don't plan to regularly do this, but I don't think it should be deomnized just because it's a cough-syrup.

-----------
on a completely different tangent:
is it possible for people with poor eyesight that have difficulty focusing on things to have vivid visuals like the LSD/mescaline experiences seem to describe? I just don't like how "non-existant" my visuals are on pot, LSA, DXM etc... they're there but they're just... somehow not there, not layering reality.

I was thinking of making a thread about this....

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#4521563 - 08/11/05 12:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I demonize nothing. I simply am trying to help out someone from making troubling life choices. I have seen this type of DXM arguement come from soooo many mouths in my life. And the strange thing is, most people say basically the same thing. It makes them interact well socially and how can it be bad? It makes me feel so good. Why is this stuff bad? I think one of my former friends even went out to say,"DXM is a smart drug." No, it makes you feel smart, but it kinda seems to slow one down.

Get your kicks from it now, and please move on before you are doing bottles a day. DXM is shit compared to LSD and mushrooms. The most powerful feelings from a medium dose of DXM are but the beginning effects of tripping.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4522150 - 08/11/05 03:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
I demonize nothing. I simply am trying to help out someone from making troubling life choices. I have seen this type of DXM arguement come from soooo many mouths in my life. And the strange thing is, most people say basically the same thing. It makes them interact well socially and how can it be bad? It makes me feel so good. Why is this stuff bad? I think one of my former friends even went out to say,"DXM is a smart drug." No, it makes you feel smart, but it kinda seems to slow one down.

Get your kicks from it now, and please move on before you are doing bottles a day. DXM is shit compared to LSD and mushrooms. The most powerful feelings from a medium dose of DXM are but the beginning effects of tripping.

i wasn't saying you were, i was just saying a lot of "drug snobs" will say DXM is shit just because of the form you have to take it in while disregarding that it actually has some interesting and enjoyable effects.

I definitely don't want to be addicted to it though, and I've seen people become so as well. I don't like how it changes you into an annoying speedy weirdo, either.... but for a once in a while high I don't see much harm.

I just can't get my hands on LSD/shrooms right now though... it might change in the near future, but all I have is legal highs to mess with.

And to me it kind of does feel like a "smart-drug" it reminds me of being zombified on anti-depressants but having a clear rational mind and just all around feeling "normal" personality wise because of a boost in ability to express yourself like a waterfall without censorship or hesitation.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports