Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Islam is Not For Anyone!
    #4511905 - 08/08/05 10:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by LSDempire (08/08/05 10:55 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: Islam is Not For Me [Re: LSDempire]
    #4511927 - 08/08/05 10:48 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Tabari IX:113 ?Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur?an.?

Tabari I:280 ?Allah said, ?It is My obligation to make Eve bleed once every month as she made this tree bleed. I must also make Eve stupid, although I created her intelligent.? Because Allah afflicted Eve, all of the women of this world menstruate and are stupid.?

Qur?an 4:3 ?If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with orphans, marry women of your choice who seem good to you, two or three or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to do justice (to so many), then only one, or (a slave) that you possess, that will be more suitable. And give the women their dower as a free gift; but if they, of their own good pleasure, remit any part of it to you, eat it with enjoyment, take it with right good cheer and absorb it (in your wealth).?

Qur?an 4:11 ?Allah directs you in regard of your Children?s (inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females?. These are settled portions ordained by Allah.?

Bukhari:V1B22N28 ?The Prophet said: ?I was shown the Hell Fire and the majority of its dwellers were women who are disbelievers or ungrateful.? When asked what they were ungrateful for, the Prophet answered, ?All the favors done for them by their husbands.??

Muslim:B1N142 ??O womenfolk, you should ask for forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell.? A wise lady said: Why is it, Allah?s Apostle, that women comprise the bulk of the inhabitants of Hell? The Prophet observed: ?You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. You lack common sense, fail in religion and rob the wisdom of the wise.? Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense? The Prophet replied, ?Your lack of common sense can be determined from the fact that the evidence of two women is equal to one man. That is a proof.??

Qur?an 4:43 ?Believers, approach not prayers with a mind befogged or intoxicated until you understand what you utter. Nor when you are polluted, until after you have bathed. If you are ill, or on a journey, or come from answering the call of nature, or you have touched a woman, and you find no water, then take for yourselves clean dirt, and rub your faces and hands. Lo! Allah is Benign, Forgiving.? [The Qur?an claims women are unclean and polluted?worse than dirt.]

Bukhari:V4B55N547 ?The Prophet said, ?But for the Israelis, meat would not decay, and if it were not for Eve, wives would never betray their husbands.??

Qur?an 33:59 ?Prophet! Tell your wives and daughters and all Muslim women to draw cloaks and veils all over their bodies (screening themselves completely except for one or two eyes to see the way). That will be better.?

Qur?an 4:15 ?If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four witnesses from amongst you against them; if they testify, confine them to houses until death [by starvation] claims them.?

Bukhari:V4B52N143/V5B59N523 ?When we reached Khaybar, Muhammad said that Allah had enabled him to conquer them. It was then that the beauty of Safiyah was described to him. Her husband had been killed, so Allah?s Apostle selected her for himself. He took her along with him till we reached a place called Sad where her menses were over and he took her for his wife, consummating his marriage to her, and forcing her to wear the veil.??

Bukhari:V5B59N524 ?The Muslims said among themselves, ?Will Safiyah be one of the Prophet?s wives or just a lady captive and one of his possessions???

Ishaq:593 ?From the captives of Hunayn, Allah?s Messenger gave [his son-in-law] Ali a slave girl called Baytab and he gave [future Caliph] Uthman a slave girl called Zaynab and [future Caliph] Umar another.?

Bukhari:V3B48N826 ?The Prophet said, ?Isn?t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?? The women said, ?Yes.? He said, ?This is because of the deficiency of a woman?s mind.??

Ishaq:584 ?Tell the men with you who have wives: never trust a woman.?

Ishaq:185 ?In hell I saw women hanging by their breasts. They had fathered bastards.?

Qur?an 24:31 ?Say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty except what (must) appear; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display them except to their husbands...?

Qur?an 24:34 ?Force not your slave-girls to whoredom (prostitution) if they desire chastity, that you may seek enjoyment of this life. [And here?s the freedom-to-pimp card:] But if anyone forces them, then after such compulsion, Allah is oft-forgiving.?

Ishaq:469 ?The Apostle said, ?Every wailing woman lies except those who wept for Sa?d.??

Tabari VIII:62/Ishaq:496 ?Ali [Muhammad?s adopted son, son-in-law, and future Caliph] said, ?Prophet, women are plentiful. You can get a replacement, easily changing one for another.??

Ishaq:496 ?Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.? So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, ?Tell the Apostle the truth.??

Qur?an 24:1 ?(This is) a surah which We have revealed and made obligatory and in which We have revealed clear communications that you may be mindful. For the woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah. And let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.?
Qur?an 24:6 ?And for those who launch a charge against their wives, accusing them, but have no witnesses or evidence, except themselves; let the testimony of one of them be four testimonies, (swearing four times) by Allah that he is the one speaking the truth.?

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

#4511932 - 08/08/05 10:48 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

#4512185 - 08/08/05 11:37 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #4513258 - 08/09/05 03:56 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

What's your point?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: Islam is Not For Me [Re: downforpot]
    #4513363 - 08/09/05 04:39 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
What's your point?

Islam is an evil cult.

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#4513393 - 08/09/05 04:59 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks.

This thread has led to the conversion of Islam for myself.

ALLAH ROCKS

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: Islam is Not For Me [Re: spud]
    #4513397 - 08/09/05 05:02 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I also hate Islam. I also hate ALL religions.

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: Islam is Not For Me [Re: TheCow]
    #4513468 - 08/09/05 06:09 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Only watch these if you can handle seeing the true face of Islam.

http://www.ogrish.com/archives/execution/beheading/index.html

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
    #4513555 - 08/09/05 07:52 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I love ogrish!

1) i could go and find just as many bible passages that state very similar things.
2) How about cracking a dictionary and reading the definition of the word "Cult"?
3) How about cracking a book before you lump all denominations of Islam together? Im no islam expert, but im pretty sure that quoting Bukhari's hadith on abstract legal issues cant speak for the actions and beliefs of all muslims. Half the quotes from your page arent even from the Quran. I think you need to check your sources and info before you go blindly hating and posting some BS about an entire religion....
4) your not a libertarian...
5) who let this kid in?

OfflineLuke
thought

Loc: the Well
Re: Islam is Not For Anyone! [Re: LSDempire]
    #4513755 - 08/09/05 10:53 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Muslims are simply narrow minded. Religious people are usually blind and narrow minded.

Faith is for the insane.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4513774 - 08/09/05 11:05 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

religion is dum.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Islam is Not For Me [Re: spud]
    #4513799 - 08/09/05 11:16 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Where can I order a cool table clothe to wrap around my head?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Islam is Not For Me [Re: Swami]
    #4513817 - 08/09/05 11:21 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Costco has cheap Italian Restaurant table cloths, a pack of six for $12.95 - I heard that's where Arafat used to get them.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: Islam is Not For Me [Re: Luke]
    #4513826 - 08/09/05 11:24 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

we're all insane.

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #4513916 - 08/09/05 11:58 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

a salaam aleikuum...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4514021 - 08/09/05 12:46 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Pretty much all religions are littered with hatred, violence, and stupidity.

Plus, they pretty much all don't make any sense.

This doesn't really justify hating Muslims though. There are plenty of Muslims who interpret the religion differently, and are peaceful and nice people. Hating those people based on quotes from the Koran you dislike is nothing short of bigotry.

Especially if you're verbally attacking those Muslims who are good people. That would be despicable in itself. If they are peacefully following their religion, then they are doing absolutely nothing wrong.

I know in previous posts you tend to act like peaceful Muslims don't exist, or don't count as Muslims, or something. You've tended to kind of avoid addressing the issue by saying things like "Muhammed is a murderer, so all his followers are evil". But what if people disagree with the violence, but take other things of value from the religion?

Is it not bigotry to attack these people when they are doing nothing wrong?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Islam is Not For Anyone! [Re: Phluck]
    #4514026 - 08/09/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Pretty much all religions are littered with hatred, violence, and stupidity.

Such is human nature. Religion simply doesn't quell it, but that is not to say it is responsible for those things.

Even if thats not what your saying I just wanted to say that.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4514162 - 08/09/05 01:39 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Islam is simply part of the Judeo-Christian stupidity trend. Judaism, Islam and Christianity are all foolish, violent religions.

Yet you're biased, trying to pick out one corner of the triangle and ignoring the other two. You also appeal to emotion by showing the Ogrish images, yet Christianity has done far worse things than you'll see on that Ogrish page.

In my opinion, no blind faith is for anyone, but I'm not going to press my views on others because I don't care what they believe enough. Regulate yourself, not others through your prejudices.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Islam is Not For Anyone! [Re: Ravus]
    #4514227 - 08/09/05 02:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

If there was a divinity, and I truly believed there was a divinity, I would have no objection to violence in their name.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology