Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineidlecicle
Stranger
many mycro-bag questions
    #4510027 - 08/08/05 11:33 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

hello everyone, i have been reading the forums for a long time but this is my first post. i have a fully colonized mycrobag of b+'s. the spores were injected about 5 weeks ago. for most of the time the bag has been in a dark closet with temperatures around the upper 80's. then after about 80% colonization (about 3 weeks after injection) i started exposing them to light and just a week ago i turned the temperature down to around 74. as far as i know these should have the ideal growing conditions, but im still waiting for pins. since this is my first grow i do not know exactly what to expect. since my digital camera cant get a good close up i will try to describe how it look at that distance. the bottom and middle of the bag are completely white with mabee a stray grain here or there. it is definately 100% colonized though. towards the top though the color is more yellowish and on the surface the mycellium has what looks like tiny bubbles in them. a few of them are yellow in color and the closest thing i can compare them to are those "liquid ice" mints only yellow. i do not know if they are liquid or solid. at first i thought they may be pins starting but since ive never grown before i do not know what they look like. if anyone could show me a pic of the first stages of pinning it would be greatly appreciated. now that u know my situation here are my questions: is the yellowish patchs ok or is my bag infected? is there anything i can do to speed up pinning? should i put it in the fridge for 16 hours to cold shock them into pinning? and finally, does anyone have any other general tips for mycro bag growing?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: many mycro-bag questions [Re: idlecicle]
    #4510063 - 08/08/05 12:02 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

a

Edited by memes (10/17/12 06:55 PM)

Offlineidlecicle
Stranger
Re: many mycro-bag questions [Re: memes]
    #4510066 - 08/08/05 12:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

ok. i took a closer look and im sure it is liquid because when i tilt the bag the droplets move. and it isnt as bad as i might have made it sound. i uploaded an image to the gallery and will post it. i looked up what mycellium piss is and now am not as worried as i was before. tell me what you guys think of the pic.

Edited by idlecicle (08/08/05 07:01 PM)

Offlineidlecicle
Stranger
    #4515534 - 08/09/05 08:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

UPDATE: i did a cold shock for 16 hours and about 8 hours after removing it from the fridge i noticed what looks like 2 or 3 little white spikes sticking out of the top of the mycellium. im pretty sure there pins but do not know because ive never seen one this young in a pic. does my description sound like what they look like?

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

#4515568 - 08/09/05 09:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i am in a similar situation as you, i have the fully colonized bag, waiting for pins. i have some of that "white spikey" growth in my bag, however i believe it's hyphae since it's hasn't grown any in 6 or 7 days. good luck and here's hoping both our little bags fruit.

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: many mycro-bag questions [Re: TrippingDuality]
    #4515677 - 08/09/05 09:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

myc piss is a result of low water content.  It's waste material from the mycellium.  I know low water content slows colonization, and im pretty sure it effects pinning too.

Quote:

hen after about 80% colonization (about 3 weeks after injection) i started exposing them to light and just a week ago i turned the temperature down to around 74. as far as i know these should have the ideal growing conditions

So, let me see if i understand this.  After 80% colonization you started exposing them to light, and then a week later dropped the temps and initiated the fruiting cycle?  To me i see the flaw of not having full colonization, you must remember that the whole substrate should be colonized outside and inside.  When working with jars after the whole thing is covered, you should wait at least 2-3 days to let the inside colonize as well.

So, if the water content in the bag was off, and colonization was slowing, your bag might not have been fully colonized when you started to try and fruit it.  So right now if it hasnt finished, its trying to, and probably wont fruit until its complete.  my .02 anyways :smile: 

good luck man, if you havent seen any contams you're probably still ok.  Just be a little more patient with it and it should pay pff!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlineidlecicle
Stranger
Re: many mycro-bag questions [Re: coda]
    #4537345 - 08/15/05 11:52 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

YES!!! i looked at my bag today and i see about 4 definate pins starting to form around the top side edge. how long should i expect until the first flush?

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

#4537368 - 08/15/05 12:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

congrats on the pins!! you should be good to go in a week or so :smile:
i'm on day 5 of fruiting myself. i'm glad things are working out for you too :smile:

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation