Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLysergicRide
Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Lone Star State
Tripping with out feeling "physcotic"
    #4509030 - 08/08/05 01:42 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I know by definition, tripping puts you in a physcotic state. I'm strong minded and I don't think I would ever let a trip get out of control (although I am inexperienced at this).

But in my little experience my mind just feels like it is really out there and hence the trip... But are there any methods of tripping (that don't envolve marijuana) that you can trip pretty decent without that "my mind is in a controlled induced physcosis" feeling?

I think since I've for the most part never done drugs before I'm quite a bit uncomfortable with the "fucked up" feeling, but I do enjoy the spiritual and visual side.

I have a script for Xanax for sleeping that I rarely use... That may be an option? What about the mild non-amphetamine stimulants from Red Bull to Provigil...

I don't like drugs, but I would really like to experience the spiritual side, music empathy, and visuals of tripping. I dislike the "mindfuck" feeling though. I get that sometimes worse with small doses.

Or maybe, as much as I would like to expierience all this... I'm just a victom of documentries and readings over romantisizing the use of Physchedellics and they just aren't for me?

Lucy and shrooms are my two choices as far as tripping

--------------------
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down... And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around

"I can't tell if I'm coming up or down"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineeric123
Stranger
Re: Tripping with out feeling "physcotic" [Re: LysergicRide]
    #4509079 - 08/08/05 01:52 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well I can tell you this marijuana isn't the way to go for what your looking for..don't get me wrong..i love it..and its a nice experience..but it's not what you would want from what you are saying

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Tripping with out feeling "physcotic" [Re: eric123]
    #4509109 - 08/08/05 02:00 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

For me lucy eliminates most if not all of that confused weirdness that can be experienced when taking mushrooms. Im not sure if thats what you're talking about, but L gives me a clarity I just don't have on mushrooms.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Tripping with out feeling "physcotic" [Re: day_tripper]
    #4509120 - 08/08/05 02:03 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Have you ever tried Salvia? You may want to...its not the same as acid or shrooms. I cant say it doesnt mess with your head, and especially body..but it only lasts for a few minutes, and its a different kind of feeling..I dont think I'd call it psychotic at all though. Controlling maybe.. Make sure you read up on it first though, it can definatly mess with your head and be discomforting, just start low. The good thing about it is though, you can try it, and if you dont like it, its over in 10-15 minutes and your fine.

I think acid is much clearer for me though, no psychotic at all at lower doses.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Edited by scatmanrav (08/08/05 12:35 PM)

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: Tripping with out feeling "physcotic" [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4509569 - 08/08/05 05:26 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I was gonna say Salvia too. You'll definitely get visuals if you get off to it and many report a spiritual side to it. As far as the music, I've never personally nor have ever read of music interaction, but that doesn't mean it's not possible I guess. Maybe if you were already REALLY into some music when you smoked, it may affect the experience...it would be cool to try and see if it could be done. It will completely take you over, but only for 5-10 minutes in my experience, so it may be a choice for you.

Just be sure to COMPLETELY research it so that you know HOW to smoke it and to not be totally surprised by the effects....

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #4509578 - 08/08/05 05:32 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've never had "mindfuck" on lsd..yet.  I find lsd has a lot of clarity to it compared to mushrooms.

I truly believe mushrooms are alien.  They are great, don't get me wrong.  Sometimes I just need a good mindfuck!  :grin:

Everytime I take lsd, even in rough times, I'm still somewhat clear headed, compared to mushrooms that is.

Psychedelics change a lot of activity in your brain...unfortunetly(or fortunetly?) I think you are just going to have to accept that you are going to be way out of your mind.  Some people just can't stand it...some people live for it.

Psychedelics aren't for everyone.  But be safe and enjoy!  :thumbup:  :heart:

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4509653 - 08/08/05 06:28 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

a dangerous attitude. trust me, if you take enough in the right setting you will either lose control or end up crying in the fetal position fighting for your control. psychedelics are about letting go.

Quote:

I don't like drugs, but I would really like to experience the spiritual side, music empathy, and visuals of tripping. I dislike the "mindfuck" feeling though. I get that sometimes worse with small doses.

the 'spiritual' side is all about mindset. you need to totally accept what happens during a trip, including the 'mindfuck'. don't reject anything, don't grasp at anything. just feel the flow, let all thought fade. just let it all happen and learn.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Tripping with out feeling "physcotic" [Re: alsey]
    #4509885 - 08/08/05 10:16 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

alsey said:
a dangerous attitude. trust me, if you take enough in the right setting you will either lose control or end up crying in the fetal position fighting for your control. psychedelics are about letting go.

Quote:

the 'spiritual' side is all about mindset. you need to totally accept what happens during a trip, including the 'mindfuck'. don't reject anything, don't grasp at anything. just feel the flow, let all thought fade. just let it all happen and learn.

I complety agree, and im all about the spiritual... the 'mind fuck' is a good portion of the learning experience. How do you expect to learn in the state of order of our normal reality? You need 'confused chaos' as Leary puts it... Your mind needs chaos, you just have to let go. Your body and spirit know what to do, just let your mind go for a little while - you will be glad you did the following day.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: Tripping with out feeling "physcotic" [Re: alsey]
    #4509898 - 08/08/05 10:22 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

You mention non-amphetamine stimulants....this may help you stay clear headed.

But let's get real. What you really need IS an amphetamine. Get your hands on 10-15mg of adderall/concerta(sp?), or even get a pill of XTC.

Amphetamines take away the awkwardness of shrooms. You are WAY more in control mentally. The music will be totally engulfing, and you will feel simply euphoric.

The drawback is slightly less hallucination. The stimulant will make all visuals sharper...so less melting and morphing. But the colors will be the brightest you've ever seen.

BTW, I would reccomend against using salvia. The mindfuck is SEVERE, and the physicality is UNCOMFORTABLE. Read ALOT before using salvia. The trip reports aren't jokes.

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Loc: The fourth dimension
Re: Tripping with out feeling "physcotic" [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4509995 - 08/08/05 11:11 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Stay away from salvia......complete mind fuck!!

Go low dose shrooms, build upto comfortable dose in time.

Good luck.

--------------------
"They are trying to build a prison, for you and me to live in"

Offlinedubbyah
Stranger
Re: Tripping with out feeling "physcotic" [Re: eric123]
    #5051844 - 12/12/05 12:58 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I know what you mean. I hate that 'deevolved' stupid feeling on shrooms. Theyre great, but they take away my vocabulary and ability to express my self, OR THINK, in words..

I love salvia though. It isnt really a mindfuck, as it is, a mind-eliminator. If you use salvia right the concept of mindfuck won't exist, and neither will your thoughts.. Also, salvia wears off. With shrooms, that feeling sucks because you are still conscious and thinking, but it feels like part of your normal self is missing in a way. With salvia, it ends real soon, and you go back to your normal state of mind while still retaining cognitively what happened (if you use it right and dont forget wtf happened).

Sound's like you would love mescaline, and LSD too maybe, although its a bit of a mindfuck at high doses.

But mescaline, your even more clear minded and lucid them normal.. definately do some mescaline, legally obtain peruvian torch , its cheap on the internet , 20 bucks a trip.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping with out feeling "physcotic" [Re: dubbyah]
    #5052157 - 12/12/05 02:33 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

take that nice flat pancake of a mind - maybe it is bored by being flat and smooth, maybe it wants a new experience but it does not want any syrop on it.

and it does not want to get stacked or sliced or anything gross.

well what does it want?

for entertainment there is the movies. there are concerts, you could even get married for a change of pace.

or tatooed

but when you play around with the sticky stuff of mind, the flat pancake gets turned into a moebius and/or stacked upon itself and drenched in its own sticky stuff - and if you are not ready to let go of preconceptions you will not enjoy what that enatils at all.

psychotic is just a word. a misspelled one at that. a misunderstood one on top.

psychedellics change the fabric of experiencing, I find it very interesting, but I do not make restrictions on it, I make time and space for it, then I study it, and enjoy it.

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: Tripping with out feeling "physcotic" [Re: BlueOrb]
    #5052197 - 12/12/05 02:48 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BlueOrb said:
Stay away from salvia......complete mind fuck!!

Go low dose shrooms, build upto comfortable dose in time.

Good luck.

That would be my thoughts exactly.

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Tripping with out feeling "physcotic" [Re: Bamaman]
    #5052591 - 12/12/05 04:16 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I would agree on the mescaline suggestion unless you can get some 2c-b which is even more controlable.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience