Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Using Mushrooms to Relieve Social Anxiety?
    #4507804 - 08/07/05 07:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hello all!

I am wondering if anyone here likes to eat some mushrooms before engaging in a social situation? No, not your sister's wedding, something more along the lines of a night out to a bar or club, with some friends, as a means of opening the lines of communication and exploration otherwise shut by feelings of paranoia or self-consciousness.

I have had great discussions with a colleague of mine who used to frequently use mushrooms in this manor, and I would like to know if others here share similar experiences with him!

Kudos.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Using Mushrooms to Relieve Social Anxiety? [Re: Euphoria]
    #4507856 - 08/07/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hi.. I must be the minority here, because it's a common practice of mine.  After ego loss, or even just a light trip, I love being around people.  It doesn't matter the situation either, you name it.  Airport, courtroom, I'll go anywhere.  It's like I could care less what people think, and strive to pick people up with my vibes.  It usually works too.  Life is about people anyways, good or bad.  I'd rather be tripping in a courtroom than tripping alone.  The experiences that await when I trip in seemingly foreign, scary situations around strangers have always turned out really awesome for me.  :smile2:  You might have a lifelong friend around the corner that you wouldn't normally approach sober, but ego loss removes the everyday barrier and opens up new opportunities for one.

Besides, I can't handle the self-analyzing aspect of shrooms solo anymore, so it's around people or no tripping at all.

*Edit*  Just to add, I think that mushrooms are an excellent tool to relieve social anxiety.  Better than alcohol, because when you wake up the next day you are still returning to the same person you were the night before, where as with drinking you must take the sober role again and start over sans booze.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisiblefreakygurl
Stranger
Re: Using Mushrooms to Relieve Social Anxiety? *DELETED* [Re: Euphoria]
    #4508073 - 08/07/05 09:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by freakygurl

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
Re: Using Mushrooms to Relieve Social Anxiety? [Re: freakygurl]
    #4508102 - 08/07/05 09:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've never really tried it. One time after a really strong trip I went into a party and was having a great time, more social and having less anxiety than normal, mainly because I had just been to hell and back and was really happy to be back.

I have always tried using psychedelics to help me see the Oneness in all things, to really connect me with the world. This could help with social anxiety, and it has for me in ways, but I think in terms of breaking social barriers, MDMA is the best tool for the job. If you take MDMA with specific intentions of relieving social anxieties, it will help you. Approach MDMA spiritually and you will truly feel connections with people, and feel safe and secure even if they are people you don't know very well.

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

Invisiblepeeper
Stranger

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Using Mushrooms to Relieve Social Anxiety? [Re: dante]
    #4508435 - 08/07/05 11:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I love to trip in public! I once went and watched fireworks on shrooms. (5 grams at that)Usually I would have been pissed off at all the traffic and idiots but actually I felt how festive and glorious it was. Since then I love to trip in groups and out and about.

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Using Mushrooms to Relieve Social Anxiety? [Re: peeper]
    #4508446 - 08/07/05 11:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

peeper said:
I love to trip in public! I once went and watched fireworks on shrooms. (5 grams at that)Usually I would have been pissed off at all the traffic and idiots but actually I felt how festive and glorious it was. Since then I love to trip in groups and out and about.

Exactly, well said.  You would expect to be pissed at people and civilization from the perspective of a solo tripper, but come to find out the experience is completely different.  Tripping in public =  :thumbup: (also helpful for picking up chicks, believe it or not)

OfflineBrekkFu
Stranger
Loc: US... =(
Re: Using Mushrooms to Relieve Social Anxiety? [Re: Holydiver]
    #4508620 - 08/07/05 11:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I dunno about psychadelics, but for me MJ is a great help with social anxiety. Even my psychologist said that in people with social anxiety, MJ is the most often used substance.

He told me how certain psychological disorders can almost guarentee a preference to a certain substance. My Mom for instance has Bi-polar disorder, and is an alcoholic. This is actually quite common.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terrence McKenna

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Using Mushrooms to Relieve Social Anxiety? [Re: BrekkFu]
    #4508647 - 08/08/05 12:02 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 02:46 AM)

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: Using Mushrooms to Relieve Social Anxiety? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4508770 - 08/08/05 12:33 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with BrekkFu. Substances effect people differently.

Drugs make me less social, period.

Doesn't really matter what drugs I'm on, my socialness is based on the vibes I get.

Your Mileage May Vary

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #4510100 - 08/08/05 12:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

For me, this wouldnt work at all. Mush just make me completely unable to articulate myself verbally in a way anyone else can understand...

Communication, even the simple kind, degenerates into confusion.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineFungi_x
Original Shroomer
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
    #4510157 - 08/08/05 01:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you truly have a Anxiety disorder of any kind I would stay away from shrooms. Panic Attacks suck, Especially when on shrooms.

--------------------

HAPPY FUCKING HOLIDAYS!

OfflineJon
Re: Using Mushrooms to Relieve Social Anxiety? [Re: Fungi_x]
    #4510177 - 08/08/05 01:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

A light dose may induce an afterglow good for conversation. Social anxiety disorder, people and a heavy trip is a very bad idea to me. Unless your ready for some extreme discipline and cereberal conviction.

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
Re: Using Mushrooms to Relieve Social Anxiety? [Re: Jon] * 1
    #4510522 - 08/08/05 03:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Its completely impossible for me to have a meaningfull conversation on shrooms. My thoughts seem so scattered and I feel confused. If I try and speak, words just dribble out of my mouth and whoever Im talking to just looks at me like Im nuts. A normal conversation is out of the question.

Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

Re: Using Mushrooms to Relieve Social Anxiety? [Re: mastacheefa]
    #4510657 - 08/08/05 04:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

interesting topic. i think all substance affect others differently as well. thats why people have their preferences. alcohol and weed for example make me feel real stupid and silly. its possible for me to have a good time, but i can't expect to express myself to others.

on the other hand, mushrooms in a small dose really make me feel alive. i can communicate with people i probably would never want to and do so selflessly (it seems). i feel like eveyone is my child and i try to understand them as people.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience