Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
pine straw for casing??
    #4507548 - 08/07/05 06:14 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

i'm attempting a guerrilla grow in some nearby woods using horse poo as the substrate w/o casing. the humidity level outside is relativly high as it rains for about an hour everyday. the horse poo is almost 100% colonized except the surface.

my question is, will it be ok for me to cover the poo with a layer of the pine staw humus that is already on the ground, or should i use something my conventional?

and is the reason why the mycelium is not poking through because of the sunlight out side?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Re: pine straw for casing?? [Re: theBRINK]
    #4511249 - 08/08/05 07:30 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

c'mon guys i need some help here... someone has to have an opinion on this... thanks

--------------------

Invisiblethemills
Posts do notindicateIntelligence

#4514940 - 08/09/05 05:37 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

I once did an outdoor patch and used the leaves from a near by fig tree as a casing. Surprise, Surprise it worked great. I think you would be fine using whatever you can find, around your grow to use as a casing. If I was you I would use leaves or hummus like you said because usually my outdoor patches are too large to make conventional casings, at least I'M not gunna make em. The casing will block most of the sunlight, which you want.

--------------------
There are 2 possible outcomes: If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.
-Enrico Fermi
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sibling Gatling Gun of Looking at All Sides of the Question

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Re: pine straw for casing?? [Re: themills]
    #4514951 - 08/09/05 05:41 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

awesome...that's a load off my mind
one more question...
as i was moving the humus aside to make my bed, i noticed there was other mycelium growing amongst the pine straw and what not... will this effect my grow? i know my maz is colonized a whole lot more than this other mycelium... but will other mushrooms start to grow out of there as well?

--------------------

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

#5085532 - 12/20/05 01:29 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Pine straw is very acidic. This is why people use them to grow strawberries. You may want to mix something in with the pinestraw to help with that acidity. I know about the white stuff that you are reffering to as mycillium. I have seen it before, but all that I know is that it grows in the areas where the straw stays wet. I have also had a friend that ate the "pine straw shrooms". They were little pointed cap small brown guys. They made him really sick for about two days.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation