Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Scales, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineImpulse101
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: 2 paces west of the "big ...
Dissapointed
    #4507407 - 08/07/05 05:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

After tripping on my homegrown ones 3 times i feel they are lacking. I will do the best to describe the situation and maybe you can tell me where i went wrong.

--Growing--
Everything went fine i inoculated on the 25th of June and saw growth in 2 days. after 5 days growth stopped for about a week and i was told that they showed signs of lack of airflow, i had no airways into the jar was sealed. i took them foil off and growth immediately started again. i had thought there was a contam on 1 and myc turned a crusty hard yellow just thought it died didn't look like any contam because it didn't grow it was just the top but i still threw it out. another jar didn't develop a contam till after i birthed it and threw it out immediately.

--Birth--
i had 4 cakes pf cake style growing since its my first time i thought id try a small casing and i used 1 jar for the casing.

--Growth--
one cake started pinning fast and grew to mushrooms i just picked them off as the veil broke and the cap spread out a bit. not waiting for the other ones... did i go wrong here?
one cake developed a deep purple/ black contam growing on it. only in one small spot on the top where i had accidental touched the cake. i cut it out and increased the hydrogen peroxide in the mix and kept spraying (kept the water hydrogen peroxide mix different from the others and the cake separate) first time i put peroxide on the possible contam it bubbled like crazy so i figured there was one... after 2 days the part i cut out grew into pure white fuzz and small strands (which later turned into the biggest mushroom i ever picked!) the contam was gone no more signs any where.
i harvest them differently one i waited till all opened and kept experimenting to see which was the best way.

--Trip-- First trip i laughed ALOT! huge body buzz and was confused and could understand or follow any storyline or listen. colors where enhanced the greens where greener the blues bluer etc. the clouds in the sky moved slightly i didn't measure the amount i took another possible problem? but i took 4-5 fresh medium sized mushrooms

second trip was a week and a half after the first. took slightly more yet again didn't measure. but this time i was EXTREMELY energetic, happy, i didn't care about pain misery suffering its like everything bad had been erased from my memory and i just didn't understand what anger, frustration confusion was like. i was laying in a room that had the walls painted with a sponge designed red and yellow. alot of it turned to faces and kinda flowed like a river a little bit this was the best trip i had.

Third trip was a week and 6 days after the second (yesterday) i attempted a solo trip but met up with some friends i haven't seen in like a year in a half while walking threw the park i ingested at 5 45 and felt extremely heavy for 3 hours things kinda looked like they where breathing a little bit. walking home all of a sudden i got extremely happy and laughed alot! got fascinated by the stars. i felt i was peaking once i got home (4 hours after ingestion... well i took 2 or 3 more and hour and a half before the peaking) my gf called got in a fight and TOTAL BUZZ KILL! i FELT TOTALLY SOBER I was SO mad. so i went to bed.

now few questions... sorry for the long post I'm just confused and frustrated...

did i take enough to trip good? i wanted to get to level 4 i attempted that all 3 times.

do Colorado's have a sensitive picking time?

did i mess up on substrate causing non potent mushrooms?

I'm just extremely confused and frustrated i feel I'm terrible at this damn hobby (but i love it SO damn much) just looking for help Any would be appreciated thanks

--------------------
"Take me koalas back jack... take my koalas back, he lives somwhere out on the track mack... so take me koalas back"

"Tie me kangaroo down sport, tie me kangaroon down!"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dissapointed [Re: Impulse101]
    #4507425 - 08/07/05 05:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

First off, "i had 4 cakes pf cake style growing". That's one big factor. Cakes don't put out reliably potent shrooms in my experience. Move up to grains and spawn them to horse poo, you won't be disappointed in the potency.

Also, "but i took 4-5 fresh medium sized mushrooms". Totally unreliable. For all you know, they may have dried out to a gram. Get a good scale, and dry them completely. No wonder you aren't tripping if you are only picking a few mushrooms and expecting a good ride.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Dissapointed [Re: Holydiver]
    #4507435 - 08/07/05 05:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Diver said:
First off, "i had 4 cakes pf cake style growing".  That's one big factor.  Cakes don't put out reliably potent shrooms in my experience.  Move up to grains and spawn them to horse poo, you won't be disappointed in the potency.

Also, "but i took 4-5 fresh medium sized mushrooms".  Totally unreliable.  For all you know, they may have dried out to a gram.  Get a good scale, and dry them completely.  No wonder you aren't tripping if you are only picking a few mushrooms and expecting a good ride.

:thumbup:

Offlinejohnjohnandjamal
Stranger

Re: Dissapointed [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4507885 - 08/07/05 08:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Definitely weigh them next time. The time I tripped at "level 4", I ingested 5g. Try something around there.

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4508226 - 08/07/05 10:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

>did i take enough to trip good?
Like Diver pointed out, how can we tell you if you took enough if you don't even know how much you took? and in my opinion- this is the #1 reason that you didn't get what you were looking for. After reading around here for a while, you can tell what a good dose is for BRF cakes. Yes, the BRF cakes are less potent, but that just means you need to take more. SO --- Get ya a scale. Even a cheap one is better than none.

>do Colorado's have a sensitive picking time?
I have no experience with this strain, but I don't think it matters what strain. Sounds like you picked the right time. Pick just before to just after the veil breaks. Even if you wait until they flatten out a little, it won't hurt the potency to a noticeable amount.

>did i mess up on substrate causing non potent mushrooms?
Sounds ok to me. Again, I emphasize that it was your dosing.

Another thing I noticed was my friends that took the same amount as me excatly measured had a little better buzz going than I did. This is proof that it's different from person to person. We both had empty stomachs. He is even heavier than I am.

OfflineImpulse101
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Dissapointed [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4508413 - 08/07/05 11:07 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

thanks, i did relize that not having a scale would be a problem but i didnt think it was so important, i'll probably pick one up tomrrow.

what is the absolute best time to pick?

what grain substrate is the easiest?

what strain is pretty strong i figure i might fuck up a few more times befor i get the hang of this...

--------------------
"Take me koalas back jack... take my koalas back, he lives somwhere out on the track mack... so take me koalas back"

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4508460 - 08/07/05 11:15 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

what is the absolute best time to pick?
Doesnt matter.

what grain substrate is the easiest?
WBS, generally, IMO

what strain is pretty strong
Any, doesnt matter. Youd do more for yourself by spawning them to horse poo and geting a scale to actually know how much of the drug your taking. Why wouldnt you think dose would be important?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4508482 - 08/07/05 11:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well, there are different opinons on all of those questions,

I prefer:

>what is the absolute best time to pick?
Just after the veil breaks.  I wait a little longer if I'm making prints of the cap.

>what grain substrate is the easiest?
I say WBS or Rye.  I actually like Rye better because it holds so much water, but WBS is better for spawning with.  Neither is easier, unless you prefer to skip the simmering on WBS.  Then it would be WBS as the easiest.

>what strain is pretty strong i figure i might fuck up a few more times befor i get the hang of this...
You will get many different opinions on this one.  I can't say from experience because I've only tried a few.  But most say, when it comes to strain, they are all the same.  What is more important for potency is your substrate and it's depth.  As well as spawning to poo :thumbup:

OfflineImpulse101
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Dissapointed [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4510186 - 08/08/05 01:15 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Why wouldnt you think dose would be important?

its not that i didnt think it was important just i thought you could still judge closly i mean you hear people saying all the time take 2 caps for a first trip and stuff like that i thought maby that would be a decent judgement... o well thats done with im gettin a scale tonight
thanks

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4510223 - 08/08/05 01:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah man, heres two caps for you that will do you good:

Or eat 3 or 4, just to be sure:

Dosages of drugs are done by weight, for a reason :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineImpulse101
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Dissapointed [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4510239 - 08/08/05 01:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Those do look good :smile:

i have to complement you for those they are huge!

--------------------

OfflineLipaYai5
Fuzzy

Loc: Mamunia... whoaaooo.
Re: Dissapointed [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4510409 - 08/08/05 02:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

what strain is pretty strong

Amanita Pantherina LOL 
*snicker*  ahhh.... J/K

Lipa Yai?? :wink:
Koh Samui...  Z-strain...

Actually, i hear any Azurecsens are pretty good / Copelandias. 

I don't know what I'm talking about.

-LY5

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4510422 - 08/08/05 02:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I once read on the Erowid website that your body builds a tolerance to mushrooms quickly and I thought that maybe this was the problem with the original posters tripping experience. Well, I looked again today and it says that if you space your trips out between 5-7 days, that your body shows virtually no tolerance. Damn! and all this time I would wait months in between doses. :smirk:

Oh yeah, go with poo dude! You will know why after the trip :grin:

--------------------

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4510448 - 08/08/05 02:43 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I had the same experience. PF-Tek grown shrooms, for me, didn't do much of anything. i was eating 10 dry grams just to get mild visuals. So I switched to manure/straw. Now 2 dry grams blows my mind

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Scales, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation