Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Still not sure on proper Pf tek meth.
    #4506868 - 08/07/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Out of the entire procedure there seems to be a few points that people have differing opinons on and I would really like to have first time success. Please could an experianced grower clear up a few of these issues for me:

1) PC or Large pot with tight fitting lid? - I don't own a PC. I could but dont want to purcash one really lol. I have a large pot with a tight lid I uses when caning. How badly will it effect my sucess if I dont have the full 15 psi steaming?

2)When steaming should the lids be tight or loose? - I guess the reason for leaving the lid loose would be to allow for the steam to penitrate it. But wouldnt this throw off the moisture ratio inside the jar?

3) After innoculating the jars do I keep them in total darkness or indirect light or a light cycle?

4) Should I fill the bottom of my terrarium with perlite?

It would most definetly be super cool if someone could answer these questions for me and put my mind at ease.
Thanks

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Edited by Prisoner#1 (08/07/05 12:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Still not sure on proper Pf tek meth. [Re: musher_420]
    #4506879 - 08/07/05 12:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

1. the pot is suitable for the PF tek, a PC is preferable and nly required when working ith agar and grains

2. loose, if it's tight and the holes are taped over it'll blow off the tape and allow for water to enter the jars

3. darkness until they are completely white then you can introduce them to a bit of light

4. yes unless you decide on using a PMP

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #4506929 - 08/07/05 12:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

1. You can boil the jars for 1 hr. Put a towel on the bottom of the pot (it won't burn) and make sure the water goes about half way up the jars.

2. I use to do em tight. I'd put tape over each hole and put a little pin hole in one of the pieces of tape to offset pressure.

3. Total darkness at 82f to 86f

4.  That all depends on the type of chamber your gonna use but I'll be a smart ass and say only add it if you want humidity.

Hmmm....looks like I've been tricked into doing some-body's research for em. Since there pretty much is only one thing left the right mixture is 1 part water, 1 part brf, 2 parts verm.  :tongue: :grin: :mushroom2:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: Still not sure on proper Pf tek meth. [Re: Magash]
    #4506966 - 08/07/05 01:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the input... I still think it looks like a bit of a confilict of ideas for number two. I think im just gonna go ahead now and see what I turn up with. Worst comes to worst I throw out the cakes get new spores and try again. I'm defintly keeping a log to sort some of this out.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Offlinetoadstools
great googelymoogely
 User Gallery

Loc: FL USA
    #4506967 - 08/07/05 01:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I am a newbie, but I have just been through everything that you are asking. This is what has worked for me. I tried twice just boiling for an hour and a half, both batches suffered contams or the jars that did get some growth didn't get the growth that I should have. (extremely slow) I believe that the substrate dried out from the long sterilization times. I bought a cheap PC, used tyvek for the lid instead of the metal lid and put the lids on tight and PC'ed for an hour. The tyvek allows gas exchange so I had no problems with the jars breaking during the PCing. Then the next day after the jars cooled down I sterilized the counter with a bleach cleaning agent. I wiped the tyvek lid with a paper towel soaked in alcohol and left the towel over the jar lid that I was going to inoculate. Flame your needle, grab the paper towel from the jar and wipe needle to cool and quickly inoculate the jar by piercing through the tyvek your 4 points, then two pieces of scotch tape were laid criss cross over the tyvek to cover the holes. The process was repeated for each jar. I kept the jars in complete darkness in a suitcase on a shelf at 84 degrees average temperature. I had no contams, I saw growth start in three days (this can vary), all but two jars finished in two weeks.
I now have the cakes sitting in a sterlite tub on top of perlite with water and h2o2 mix at about 76-78 degrees. I had one cake that finished earlier than the rest so I started to fruit it before the rest. 5 days later I had my first pin show up. I am now at day 7  and have between twelve and fifteen pins. I hope this helps and good luck in your future endeavors. :smile:
Toadstools

--------------------
:mushroom2: :heart: :sun: Meddle, Meddle, Friend of mine, All good things in all good time! :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract