Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Trouble finding truth? Enlightenment? Happiness?
    #4506777 - 08/07/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well, maybe it's because they don't exist. I've seen an awful lot of people talking about finding intangible things in here. Why?

If you're not actually looking for these things ( which I doubt you are, as they're abstracts ), then all you're doing is trying to explain something to yourself.

I would argue there is an unbearable aspect of living we all become accustomed to with time- we want to prove to someone that our life is wonderful in some way. But life isn't worth anything at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: Trouble finding truth? Enlightenment? Happiness? [Re: vampirism]
    #4506806 - 08/07/05 11:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

maybe it's worth something and nothing at the same time
life is good and bad methinks

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4506853 - 08/07/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

happyness is not impossibvle to find.
If all else fails, force your brain in happyness with chemicals

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4506875 - 08/07/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

its not 'worth' anything as such, but i still find it wonderful.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4506890 - 08/07/05 12:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

They do exist.......in the abstract. That's the idea. Yes, people do impart joy and wonder and ease into their reality.

Take the palms of your hands and put them together flat. Now stick them into a pool of water. What do you have in your hands? Nothing? Now open them to part the water. What happens? There is room for the water to flow in.

Yes, people impart the abstracts of joy wonder and ease into their reality. It flows in from somewhere.

It's about choices. You have before you, a plate of plain turkey meat and one of turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, veggies, rolls, candied potatoes yada yada.

You can pick which one you want. We make up our own plates. What will you allow yourself to have? What will you accept to be put there? What will you make room for on your plate?

As Auntie Mame use to say, " Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving."

If those abstracts didn't exists as viable abstracts, how could anyone even talk about them?

When I see people deny all the goodies life has to offer, I begin to wonder if they even know they exist. Self denial is a bitch of a ride. yet, its a viable choice to choose not as well.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Trouble finding truth? Enlightenment? Happiness? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4506959 - 08/07/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What will you make room for on your plate?

Hopefully something meaty and tasty yet healthy and low in fat.  :grin:

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Re: Trouble finding truth? Enlightenment? Happiness? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4506974 - 08/07/05 01:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

As Auntie Mame use to say, " Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving."

The only way I can see life as a banquet, is if I were to deny certain parts of myself and accept the reality of my situation, thus allowing myself to have aspirations within it. Untill then, my aspirations remain unattainable in reality, and many items I wish to put on my plate are promptly denied.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4506992 - 08/07/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

no -- that's not what I meant. I'm talking about active searches for these abstracts. It's unavoidable to think in terms of some abstracts, but recognizing them as just abstracts is a different story.

When I say life is worth nothing, I don't mean it in any negative way. People are generally protective of things they value; by realizing your life is just a life it opens you up to going beyond the dinner plates and choosing your meal into something a lot deeper-- like inventing a style of cooking or plate-making or something.

Quote:

If those abstracts didn't exists as viable abstracts, how could anyone even talk about them?

They do it all the time. What makes an abstract viable? Seeing value in it. People who don't care about certain abstracts see no value in them. Really, relying on abstracts is ultimately insufficient because there are a finite number of abstracts you can use and an infinite number of possible abstracts to use in any one situation.

Anyway, I do like your visual analogy and there's something about it that sticks with me, but I don't think you were reacting to what I thought I was expressing sufficiently.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Trouble finding truth? Enlightenment? Happiness? [Re: David_Scape]
    #4506996 - 08/07/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Isn't it acceptance of the reality of your situation that is actually limiting you?

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4507021 - 08/07/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, you did clarify what you were saying better for me. I agree nothing has worth until we impart a value on it.

Why is it that we sometimes impart values on one experience as being wonderful, can't wait to do it again and on some, awful, hope I never experience that again?

Whats wrong with re choosing what you valued as wonderful and by passing what you didn't?

This is a broad topic now that I think about it. can you narrow the focus?

David Scape, can you clarify or expansiate.

Sounds like you have enough to work with to figure out why some of your aspirations are denied.

I'll add this real quick. The analogy I gave about parting the hands so room was made for the water to flow in is very important. Same with making room on your plate. In my experience, and I am getting better at manifesting by the day, is that someplace in the mind and heart has to open up to allowing yourself to have and accept something first. Room has to be made for it to come into your reality. This is how I found it to work.

A closed mind and heart has no room for anything new or different or more to come in. Somewhere you have to find the beliefs lurking in the shadows that says, you can't have something. You may find a million lame excuses, fears about taking responsibility for managing it, self doubt issues.

Those are important to examine. Some of them may be valid concerns for you as an individual to work through. It's important to do it and thoroughly. Some people do a surface cleaning and get what they want and quickly loose it again. The old habit of dumping crap in the new space kicks in and pushes out the new. Self talk habits have to be changed.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #4507035 - 08/07/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Isn't it acceptance of the reality of your situation that is actually limiting you?

Yes, It can be thought of in this way. Trying to change what one can is always healthy, but believing that one can alter reality to suit oneself is a meglomaniacal fantasy.

For instance, wanting to change carreers is a healthy attempt at changing an unwanted situation, but wishing to live forever is an unlikely hope. If fufillment of the latter is necessary for your happiness, you're up the emotional creek without a paddle.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Trouble finding truth? Enlightenment? Happiness? [Re: David_Scape]
    #4507058 - 08/07/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think we both were thinking along the lines of new jobs, new living environment, healthier physical mental and emotional states, not setting off to start a new home development on Jupitor or being blissful 24/7.

Baby steps. When you allow more in, you do have more to manage and be respncible for. Adjusting to the old that left takes time too. It happens in baby steps best. People who take on a lot in short time ussually crumble and loose it all.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4507126 - 08/07/05 01:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Yes, you did clarify what you were saying better for me. I agree nothing has worth until we impart a value on it.

I guess that's what I was saying. But more importantly, I was suggesting not assigning value to any abstracts.

Quote:

Why is it that we sometimes impart values on one experience as being wonderful, can't wait to do it again and on some, awful, hope I never experience that again?

Whats wrong with re choosing what you valued as wonderful and by passing what you didn't?

Well, using your general description, it's wrong because it means closing your heart/mind to certain possiblities in the name of something in your head.

As for this being too general- it's partly because of what I'm responding to. Enlightenment, truth and happiness are all incredibly broad, and yet people keep discussing them as if they're going to go buy some in their next trip to the local spirituality store.

Having unlimited choices and approaching them analytically-- essentially through abstracts-- is something I'm seriously questioning at the moment. Intuition is given waaaaay too little importance these days, IMO.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4507158 - 08/07/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think you are narrowing the scope even more.

There are many disillusioned people out there with new age spirituality who thought they could buy it at the store. Ever catch that group called New Age Aholics Annonymous. It's a laugh riot.

I resonate with your last sentence. Thats pretty focussed and falls into my experiential understanding, where the mechanics that bring results are. Maybe begin to braoden that now if you want to continue a disscusion. I'm open.

Intuition gets tricky for many. When that start analysing it is when they faulter and mix their own bias into it. What comes from it typically is something we never would've considered or thought of on or own, it catches us by surprise and many talk themselves out of its guidance during the analysis process.

I think you used the word analysis in the phases of decided direction you want guidance in first before you get the guidance.

Your ball, I don't want to make assumptions with your meanings.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4507190 - 08/07/05 02:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Here's I want clarity on. The abstract and intuition are right brain processes. Analytical thinking is a left brained one.

How are you using one to get to the other or work with the other is my question.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4507379 - 08/07/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

that's a good question, and is the major problem to solve.

My feeling is that the answer is in no way definite - but I'm working towards developing the extremes of both sides of the brain out of necessity and habit. I find that if you keep intuition as a sort of primary decision maker, then it works well with analytical thought on its own (whereas if you let your analytical side make decisions, intuition becomes only a backup plan ).

Intuition might be considered erratic or random, but it can react with high accuracy ( not precision ) to everything analysis comes up with. If you have a highly developed analytical side, it highly enhances the precision that your intuition can potentially act with. <-- all of this is just in my experience, so you might disagree.

Partly I have to admit that you caught me a bit off guard. I never really thought about the abstraction process, and kind of arbitrarily lumped it in with analytical thought. Where did you find out about abstraction being an intuitive thing?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Trouble finding truth? Enlightenment? Happiness? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4507404 - 08/07/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hopefully something meaty and tasty yet healthy and low in fat. 

Sounds like the redhead I met up with last night...  :tongue2:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Trouble finding truth? Enlightenment? Happiness? [Re: Swami]
    #4507415 - 08/07/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I thought you were eating a chinese woman last night?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4507419 - 08/07/05 03:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It sounds to loose for me to understand you fully. Can you give an example of how you use both?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4507460 - 08/07/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I thought you were eating a chinese woman last night?

Can't I have dessert after the main course? I posted that around 7PM. The clubs are open all night.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Trouble finding truth? Enlightenment? Happiness? [Re: Swami]
    #4507500 - 08/07/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Duh, silly me. See what happens when one comes to conclusions? They only get you to the partial truth. :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #4507515 - 08/07/05 04:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

[to all, I think:]
The more you demand your wishes, the more they will be refused.
Wishes are to let be come...not to force.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Trouble finding truth? Enlightenment? Happiness? [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #4507637 - 08/07/05 04:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thats why the word allowance is used.

Thats why phrases like creating opennings for more to flow in are used.

Yes, its a very loose and fluid process.

Say I have a circle 3 yards wide around me. I can only accomodate what can fit in it. If I open it up I have made room for more.

Think of the mind and heart like the circle.

Everything is out there. Sometimes its a matter of moving yourself from your fixxed position over to where what you wish for is sitting and placing your circle around.

To do that, you have to be willing to leave and let go of a fixxed position. Thats the tough part for people.

Also, they are so busy holding tight to what they do have in hand that they can't open to more at the same time. If you are holding tightly to a straw, how can you also put a block in your hand? You have to relax your grip on the straw and open the fingers first.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4507853 - 08/07/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the specifics? I can tell you the process I generally have to go to if I want intuition to control me in an activity.

Well, I find that the intuitive part of the brain isn't keen to being part of your immediate consciousness.

It's a challenge to do this right, but essentially you get your conscious mind to concentrate on something as analytically as it possibly can. It sounds a little odd, but your body will act on its own if you let intuition be in control.

You basically create optimum conditions in your mind for the intuitive side and bolster that by becoming very, very aware of the topic/scene at hand.

The problem with the above is that it is very, very hard to balance keeping the intuitive side in complete control while remaining consciously focused on the topic at hand. However, I'm learning to do this more automatically ( kind of slowly, sadly. It's hard to let go of your control and yet still have part of you be in control.. )

OfflineDeviate
    #4507929 - 08/07/05 06:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

nope, i'm not having trouble finding them. i'm quite content and happy actually.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4507942 - 08/07/05 06:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm interesting. I use intuition in a lot of ways. I liked best when I get in a zen mode and am just hooked in the effortless flow of it.

Sometimes, I get knocked out of rhythm. In those times, I am usually met with a conflict, two ways to go, not knowing which to take.

At that point, I put a strong focus on one choice, "like the hands together in the water, then open then and feel around what sort of waters flow in to feel the space. Then I do it with the other choice.

One usually feels like danger warning don't go there message and the other feels good. Sometimes, bits of imagery comes with them.

After that, I engage in reflective analysis of the results. I start to see more of the details and usually am redirected back into the effortless flow again.

In a way that relates to what you said about using intense focus, letting go of control and then regaining it through analysis and redirection.

It's never steered me wrong. I am always pleased with the results when I follow it.

Hmmm maybe play around with the idea that the only thing you are in control of is openning up to it or not.

After that, intution steers and powers my ride. Yes, giving up your control over the steering wheel, breaks and gas peddle is a wierd feeling.

It takes a lot of trust. The more we experience it to steer is towards our ideals the easier it gets to trust in it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Trouble finding truth? Enlightenment? Happiness? [Re: Deviate]
    #4508150 - 08/07/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Sweet! :cool: :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates