Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Preparing Kanna, does anybody have any Tecs??
    #4504589 - 08/06/05 06:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I want some kind of tincture or even and alcoholic drink to mix with Kanna, the 2 go very well together in small doses. Could i make some Kanna wine and would the alkaloids in Kanna get absorbed into hte kanna??

Iv hear you have to ferment the foliage to make it active, is this true? And whats the best way to do that?
I dont realy want to snort this stuff, so please dont send me that preperation.

Thanks
Rah

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
Re: Preparing Kanna, does anybody have any Tecs?? [Re: Legoulash]
    #4504897 - 08/06/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I hear if its not fermented then its toxic, much oxalic acid perhaps? I believe the natives put it in a leather puch outside in the sun for a certain period of time...if my memory serves me it was either 7 days or 14 days...wish I could be more helpful....

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Re: Preparing Kanna, does anybody have any Tecs?? [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4506558 - 08/07/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, oxalic acid is the culprit. Most people use zip lock bags or jars for fermenting nowadays, the material is lightly crushed (inside container). It will become a mess and it will emit a foul odor. Save the liquid and evaporate it in the oven along with the solid material until fully dried. Next time preparing Scelly I will just put the fresh material in the oven at 140 Celsius (Oxalates break down at 102C), since I want to avoid the mess of fermenting.

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
Re: Preparing Kanna, does anybody have any Tecs?? [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #4506684 - 08/07/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If using a jar or ziplock bag how long does it need to be fermented for?

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Preparing Kanna, does anybody have any Tecs?? [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4506842 - 08/07/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Could you post your results Mr Cool. I would love to see them.. Im going to ferment the plant matter the mix it with Wine or some high proof drink.. Vodka or somthin. Do you know what the actives are soluble in?

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #4509814 - 08/08/05 07:15 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This is from the article "Psychoactive constituents of the genus Sceletium N.E.Br. and other Mesembryanthemaceae: a review" that is widely distributed on the net:

Quote:

'Leave the bag of crushed 'kougoed' in the sun to get warm; its not necessary to put it (the bag) in the shade, it gets shade at night, and the sun doesn't harm it. The plant is left to sweat. After 2-3 days the bag is opened, the 'kougoed' is mixed around, and then the bag is tightly closed again. On the 8th day after the crushing, the bag is opened and the 'kougoed' is spread out to dry in the sun, as when you dry raisins. You leave it out until it is dry. If you don't do the whole thing, the plant won't have power. If you eat the fresh plant nothing will happen - it doesn't have power. I learned to prepare it from my father'.

The finished product is stringy, light brown and unattractive in appearance. The informant noted that the season of collection of plants was important; plants collected too early would posses less psychoactivity.

A second informant described an alternative preparation technique, employed when the user seeks to rapidly prepare 'kougoed'. A small fire is made over sand, and when it dies down, the ashes are scraped aside, and a hollow made in the sand. A freshly picked, whole Sceletium plant is placed in this excavation, and covered with hot sand. An hour later the baked plant product is recovered, reputedly with acquired properties similar to the conventionally prepared material. Lewis-Williams (1981) describes a similar method for preparing eland fat among the San, the only difference being that it was left to cook overnight. In the Coloured community, to this day, 'ou vet' (old fat) is a colloquial expression for dagga (Cannabis sativa).

I have only tried the fermentation once and it was a while ago, and it was messy as hell. To say the leaves are succulent is a vast understatement and the liquid builds up enormously. As I said, I'll use the heat method when I decide to perform another harvest as I heard it's as effective.

A few years ago someone made a sceletium tincture that supposedly was quite potent using menthol crystals and vanilla extract for flavoring, so I'm pretty sure it will extract well in vodka. Ask Jojoba or Aneglakya about the tincture as they both sampled and enjoyed it.

OfflineJobe
ContemporaryShaman
 User Gallery

#8284523 - 04/14/08 10:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I dont have any preperations involving alcohol, but you can find my favorite method of consumption here. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8283450/an/0/page/0
It involves infuseing kanna into honey, its really great. So you can use it like they did in the old days, without the bad taist.(which isnt too bad to begin with) Peace

--------------------
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Preparing Kanna, does anybody have any Tecs?? [Re: Jobe]
    #8284723 - 04/14/08 10:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Preparing Kanna, does anybody have any Tecs?? [Re: Coaster]
    #8284886 - 04/14/08 11:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Uh thanks for the input coaster and jobe but thats not what i was interested in. I was trying to turn living plants into quality kanna product. Iv seen the honey thing.

I ended up taking a 3 year old plant and crushing it into a ziplock and leaving it sealed on my window sill for 7 days... I would mix it up every day or so..

i then dried it then put it threw a coffee grinder.

all in all i dont like kanna much so its sitting in a drawer collecting dust.

.. and this is from 05 .. let this Die.

OfflineStereoMafia
Stranger
    #8285008 - 04/14/08 11:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Wrong Forum.

Invisiblelayzdapipe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Preparing Kanna, does anybody have any Tecs?? [Re: StereoMafia]
    #8285014 - 04/14/08 11:55 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

StereoMafia said:
Wrong Forum.

Kanna is an ethno.

--------------------

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Loc: anywhere but here
    #8285595 - 04/15/08 05:03 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
closed due to the fact that a member keeps digging up every old kanna thread

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom