Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegoatboy7
The ArchaicRevivalist

Amanita Muscaria
    #4504930 - 08/06/05 10:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all-
---I ordered 2 oz. of dried A+ Latvian Amanita Muscaria mushrooms from IamShaman.com and had some questions about the effects-
--My first time, I took 4 grams and felt nothing but slight stomach agitation. My next time, I took ten dried grams and felt absolutely nothing. I have not taken them heated (so none of the chemical properties were lost), and I did not have an empty stomach.
--Please help! I know ten grams of Amanita is not a whole lot, but I should at least feel Something.
-Is there anything I could be doing wrong? Should I buy from another site? Should I just try eating more?
I would appreciate any advice on how to be successful with these mushrooms!

thanks a lot.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't
include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the
Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." --Terence McKenna

"Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people."--Aleister Crowley

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: goatboy7]
    #4505049 - 08/06/05 11:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know the cause, but I've had similar experiences with amanitas from IAS. I bought an ounce, ate it over three separate occasions and felt absolutely nothing (psychoactivity nor body load) each time.

Thinking it was just a bad batch or something I bought another ounce from them. I ate a single cap (~5g) and felt pretty distinct effects, especially if I sat with my eyes closed. 2 caps (~9g) put me in a semi-dissociated state that was very odd but interesting enough to warrant further experimentation. I ate the rest (~14g) and felt only a little psychoactivity (equal or less than the small dose) and lots of nausea.

Unless there's something I'm ignoring, that shows that the individual mushrooms can very immensely. I suppose it could be a bad dehydrating process, but IAS is usually pretty good so that doesn't seem likely. I'd suggest grinding the caps, or any other method to mix a batch into a single consistency so you can accurately dose, and adjust higher or lower in the future to get the effects you want.

Luckily they should be growing all over the place up here before long, so I'll be able to experiment more without having to shell out all that money.

Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: goatboy7]
    #4505412 - 08/07/05 01:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i ordered about 6 months back. siberian i believe. 14 grams worked for me, but it could have been too much. i believe you'd feel something with 10g. i did chew it thoroughly for a couple of minutes.

Offlinenecronomicon
journeyman

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: puwtrip]
    #4506271 - 08/07/05 08:38 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The chemicals in amanita are not heat sensitive. They are very stable and don't even get broken down into your body. I think heat even turns the chemicals that can cause nausea into more stable more desirable compounds.

The effects are much more subtle than say...cubensis. I get a feeling of good tension in my muscles (like loaded springs) and a clear lucid mind. Higher doses can cause dream like states, and inebriation.

If you really trust yourself, I say go for more. I like using fresh cause I like to judge doses by caps and cap size, not dried material. I also feel more meaning and power in finding my own herbs and ethnbotanicals, and consider it a gift from either the plant/mushroom or the earth for letting me find it...but whatever floats your boat :p

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden