Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Arab citizens of Israel fear being targeted again
    #4504750 - 08/06/05 09:17 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050806/wl_nm/mideast_arabs_dc

Arab citizens of Israel fear being targeted again

By Cynthia Johnston

Sat Aug 6, 9:57 AM ET

SHFARAM, Israel (Reuters) - After burying four of their neighbors killed by an Israeli militant in army dress, the residents of Shfaram are questioning their security as an Arab minority living at the heart of the Jewish state.

Randalflagg interrupts:  ...Do the Jews not have a right to question their security when a suicide bomber blows up 20 innocent Jewish civilians?

Two Muslim sisters in their 20s and two Christian men were shot dead on a bus in a Druze neighborhood in the Arab town by a 19-year-old Jewish gunman who had recently deserted his army unit. He was later beaten to death by residents.

Prime Minister    Ariel Sharon condemned the gunman as a "bloodthirsty terrorist." Many Israelis were so outraged by the attack that the militant was denied a military funeral and officials refused to bury him in the town where he grew up.

But Israeli Arabs say the killings have heightened fears that they will bear the brunt of ultra-rightist Israeli anger over    Israel's upcoming pullout from the    Gaza Strip even though Arab citizens have generally avoided armed conflict with Israel.

"We are targeted by racists, by fundamentalists.

Randalflagg interrupts:  Hahaha...what about all of the Jews that have been targeted by Palestinian militants? 

We are worried especially if they withdraw from Gaza that these people might take revenge on us Arabs," said Kamal Kaderiya, a Muslim in a white skullcap who attended Friday's funerals. "We live in Israel but are originally Palestinians. We have Israeli nationality. So they must provide security and take away weapons from people who would do this kind of barbaric act."

Arabs make up about a fifth of Israel's population and sympathize with a Palestinian revolt in the Israeli-occupied    West Bank and Gaza. They also complain of rampant discrimination and say Israel is not doing enough to protect them.

"I think there is a majority of Arabs who thought wrongly that we were secure here," said Khaled Daghash, director of the Haifa-based Center Against Racism, who protested in Shfaram. "We think this terrorist is not alone. There are so many people who support him. Racism is the cause of these attacks and we are afraid this one will not be the last."

ARAB RAGE

A palpable sense of rage permeated Shfaram after the shootings, although police refrained from entering the town during the funerals to minimize the risk of violence.

Israeli-Arab activist Abed Anabtawy, quoted by Israel's Ynet news Web Site, said: "A public that feels its security has been abandoned will do everything to defend itself and therefore all possibilities are open to us including an Intifada."

Randalflagg interrupts:  :rolleyes:  They are bitching about one violent incident, ignoring the multitudes of violent terrorist incidents perpetrated by the Arabs against the Jews, and talking about engaging in violence themselves.  Way to go Arab Israelis!  Why are only Arabs allowed to do whatever they want but when an Israeli does anything it is seen as terrible?

Arab parliament member Azmi Bishara said he did not think it was the right time for a "political explosion" by Arabs, and the Shfaram mayor called for coexistence. Israeli Arab leaders were meeting in the town on Saturday to weigh how to respond.

Many felt betrayed that Israel had not confiscated weapons from the gunman, also a West Bank settler.

His lawyer said his parents contacted the army two weeks ago to say he was armed, held ultra-rightist views and could be dangerous, but that nothing was done.

Throngs of mourners at the funerals, in chants similar to those heard in Palestinian protests in the West Bank and Gaza, labeled the four dead as martyrs.

They also chanted for "national unity" between Muslims, Christians and Druze, but did not mention Israeli Jews.

I found this article hilarious.  Here you have Arabs screaming and whining about having four of their own killed by a terrorist.  Yet, when Arabs do the same things against Jews (and with a much higher frequency) they don't say a word.  What a bunch of hypocritical morons.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Arab citizens of Israel fear being targeted again [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4510002 - 08/08/05 11:17 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, Jews never complain.

Quote:

His lawyer said his parents contacted the army two weeks ago to say he was armed, held ultra-rightist views and could be dangerous, but that nothing was done.

I bet if he were an Arab they would have blown up his house and asked questions later.

--------------------

Edited by Baby_Hitler (08/08/05 11:19 AM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Arab citizens of Israel fear being targeted again [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4510137 - 08/08/05 12:52 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
I bet if he were an Arab they would have blown up his house and asked questions later.

So the Israeli government didn't do anything about this nutcase. I don't see the Palestinian Authority doing much about Hamas or Islamic Jihad.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Arab citizens of Israel fear being targeted again [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4510212 - 08/08/05 01:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

These are Israeli citizens, not Palestinians.

--------------------

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Arab citizens of Israel fear being targeted again [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4510275 - 08/08/05 01:49 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i don't think israeli police/militery is activly seeking israeli terrorist cells unless they have prior knoledge of them...
and indeed these things are NOT common on our side (we have much more loose)

hopfully the midia wont twist this so much to make it a big deal (it could escalate the situation much worse then it is now)

but either way i wouldn't know... i have no idea what's going on over here (as long as i can sit here and post on the shroomery they can all go fuck them selves... there are worse things to worry about then some stupid people fighting a lost cause... the solution to this conflict does not lay in agreements and teritories it's just basic education welfare common sense (and we're all far from that unfortunatly)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

Re: Arab citizens of Israel fear being targeted again [Re: Simisu]
    #4595617 - 08/29/05 06:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Its a good idea to put all the religous fanatics together to exterminate each other so we can get rid of these idiots. Their genes need to be weeded out of society. The Iraq war is also a great extermination system for the jihadis. We give them what they want, death, because they want to be martyred. They think its the only guaranteed way to get to paradise.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion