Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRuStySC
Stranger
Salvia Plants?
    #4491074 - 08/03/05 05:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well, since Salvia is legal, I was wondering...

Can you buy Salvia Divinourm plants at garden stores and such?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Salvia Plants? [Re: RuStySC]
    #4491293 - 08/03/05 06:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You would be very very hardpressed to find Salvia divinorum at a local garden store.  You will probably see plants and seed packs labeled Salvia, but these are not S. divinorum. Salvia is a common botanical name that could be any number of plants.  You get them online through the vendors, or through a trade here on the shroomery.  Good luck in your quest

:rasta:,

mycomancer

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Salvia Plants? [Re: Mycomancer]
    #4491327 - 08/03/05 06:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They can be cultivated but are extremely difficult to grow (from what Ive read) and require a lot of horticultural experience. These are considered "exotic" plants and aren't the kind of "give it water and sun-shine" plants that you can find at a super-store nursery.
You're best off just buying the leaves dried. You can buy seedlings and full-sized plants from the same websites that sell the dried material but even when mature they are still difficult to maintain.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Salvia Plants? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4491373 - 08/03/05 06:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They're pure cultivars and you won't find them anywhere in the wild, either. The sacred plant is a difficult treasure to manage!

--------------------

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: Salvia Plants? [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4491432 - 08/03/05 07:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

wtf?

They grow in Mexico.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #4492643 - 08/03/05 10:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Lysergic_Milkman said:
They can be cultivated but are extremely difficult to grow (from what Ive read) and require a lot of horticultural experience. These are considered "exotic" plants and aren't the kind of "give it water and sun-shine" plants that you can find at a super-store nursery.
You're best off just buying the leaves dried. You can buy seedlings and full-sized plants from the same websites that sell the dried material but even when mature they are still difficult to maintain.

They are not that difficult to maintain. My own experience is that they are water and sun type plants. In Canada no less.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Salvia Plants? [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4492673 - 08/03/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Indeed.. once you acclimate the plant to the environment it's going to be staying in, they fare quite well.

OfflineReal_Poopypants
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Surrey, B.C.
    #4492959 - 08/03/05 11:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

S. divinorum is definitely not a difficult plant to take care of. Give them a bit of sun and water them only when needed - every 3 or 4 days in my experience. If anyone wants a plant, I might be able to help you out. I need to get rid of my plants ASAP. In 3 weeks they will all be thrown in the dumpster. Send me a PM.

Signo, I believe that some experts are of the opinion that the salvia plants found in Mexico originated somewhere else, perhaps Spain. I'll try to find where I read that.

--------------------
Salvia Experiences:

First Time With Salvia

A Visit With The Queen

Mushroom Experiences:

My first mushroom trip changed my life.

OfflineSelmac
Stranger
Re: Salvia Plants? [Re: RuStySC]
    #4495384 - 08/04/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I baught a couple live ones on ebay a couple years ago. They need a lot of water.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: Salvia Plants? [Re: Selmac]
    #4495911 - 08/04/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Is that right? maybe they were talking about just getting the seeds to sprout. Or perhaps it was just straight bullshit to try and get people to stay dependent on them.
in that case, ill have to get me one.

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
    #4496383 - 08/04/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ive never tried salvia what is the trip like.. and does anyone know the chemical that interacts when u smoke salvia?.. i was interested in growing that before shrooms however, never got around to trying it.. what is it like?

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: Salvia Plants? [Re: Real_Poopypants]
    #4497236 - 08/04/05 10:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Real_Poopypants said:
Signo, I believe that some experts are of the opinion that the salvia plants found in Mexico originated somewhere else, perhaps Spain. I'll try to find where I read that.

That is interesting. Do get back to us on that.

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

#4497570 - 08/04/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ive never tried salvia what is the trip like.. and does anyone know the chemical that interacts when u smoke salvia?..

salvinorin-A
binds to your kappa opiod receptors

the trip can be anything, sometimes u dont trip the first few times. it has reverse tolerance sometimes. the trip is short & intense, i cant describe the trip. each time it was different. i had mouths on my wall at one point. i got painted on my wall, its wierd. just try it, u either like it or u dont. remember though, music is the key.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

OfflineReal_Poopypants
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #4499947 - 08/05/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Lysergic_Milkman said:
maybe they were talking about just getting the seeds to sprout.

That could be. Salvia rarely ever produces seeds. If you are lucky enough to get some they are most likely not viable.

--------------------
Salvia Experiences:

First Time With Salvia

A Visit With The Queen

Mushroom Experiences:

OfflineReal_Poopypants
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #4500051 - 08/05/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This is all I can find right now. I will keep looking.
salvia

?The Mazatec Indians believe the plant is foreign to their region of the Sierra Madre Oriental and we do not know whence it came, as no wild populations have been discovered ...?

"...I would like to list my reasons for regarding the shamanic use of this drug to be a post-Conquest innovation in the Sierra Mazateca. I had previously mentioned the lack of a truly indigenous name for Salvia divinorum among the Mazatecs. It is suspicious that the Mazatecs associate the plant with the Biblical Mary, and with sheep, both post-Conquest introductions to the Sierra Mazateca, and Vald?s documented remedial use of infusions of 4-5 pairs of Salvia divinorum leaves to treat a disease called panz?n de barrego (sic), ?big lamb?s belly? (Vald?s et al. 1983). We also have the precedent of the mushroom Psilocybe cubensis (Earle) Singer, introduced to Mexico by Europeans along with the cattle in whose dung it grows. Some Mazatec curanderos have come to ultilize this mushroom as a shamanic inebriant, others eschew it (and, tellingly, those who do use it hold it to be the ?least esteemed? species). This is exactly what we find with Salvia divinorum?we have seen that Mar?a Sabina held it in low esteem. Like the leaves of Mary Shepherdess, P. cubensis lacks a truly indigenous name, being known prosaically in Mazatec as the ?sacred mushroom of the bull?s dung?; or in Spanish as honguillo de San Isidro Labrador, the ?mushroom of St. Isidore the Plowman,? patron saint of Madrid! (Wasson & Wasson 1957). The fact that the Mazatecs put Salvia divinorum in the same ?family? as two species of Coleus known to be post-Conquest introductions to Mexico is further evidence for this hypothesis. What clinches the argument for me, however, is how little the Mazatecs seem to know about using the drug. They believe the leaves to be inactive when dried, but this is not true?the dried leaves preserve their activity indefinitely and salvinorin A is highly stable".

--------------------
Salvia Experiences:

First Time With Salvia

A Visit With The Queen

Mushroom Experiences:

InvisibleThe One
Mr Shroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Salvia Plants? [Re: Real_Poopypants]
    #4500226 - 08/05/05 01:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Here?s the deal on Salvia

They can produce seeds but probably will not grow. The way this plant survives is when it gets tall, it bends over and that part touches the floor (Soil) and then sprouts new roots = New plant. This plant loves very high humidity and a lot of people have them in a humidity tent. This is not necessary as it can survive in a window sill with little humidity to back all this up here is one of my Salvia Divinoriums. Humidity is around 30-40% room temps. Also Salvia will die in cold condition.

You can buy cutting here

http://www.salvia-divinorum-supplies.co....e1558b4d37e64d6
http://amazing-nature.com/salvia.html
http://www.salvia-divinorum-scotland.co.uk/contact/index.htm

--------------------

Trade List

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Salvia Plants? [Re: The One]
    #4503003 - 08/06/05 02:25 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Loaded is right on track.. where everyone is sayin salvia is hard to grow.. this is talkin about germination.. getting it to sprout is an absolute bitch.. getting a plant that produces seeds, just as much of a bitch.. other than that sunlight and water.. all it needs..

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: Salvia Plants? [Re: PerfectlyDefectd]
    #4503915 - 08/06/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

So wait... salvia is a shooter? You can just put a leaf or something in the ground and itll grow more? (like "wandering jew" plants)
That doesnt sound right...

OfflineOakbear
Trust me, I'm anurse!
Male

Loc: UK
    #4503925 - 08/06/05 01:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well it's true....

--------------------
UK Gathering? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6108350/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment"

OfflineReal_Poopypants
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Salvia Plants? [Re: Oakbear]
    #4504658 - 08/06/05 06:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Roots will sprout from anywhere on the stems, but not from leaves.

--------------------
Salvia Experiences:

First Time With Salvia

A Visit With The Queen

Mushroom Experiences:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale