Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Registered: 06/30/01
Posts: 1,920
Loc: Nowhere
Last seen: 4 months, 25 days
What Should I Do?
    #4503270 - 08/06/05 09:28 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I hadn't checked my casings in awhile and when I do one of them is covered in the green mold. All the rest of my casings are fine, so I just take it out and throw it away. Is it safe to keep the shrooms off the other casings or could the green mold somehow affected the healthy casings? What should I do?

"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleThe One
Mr Shroom
Male User Gallery

Registered: 11/30/02
Posts: 627
Loc: UK Flag
Re: What Should I Do? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4503384 - 08/06/05 11:08 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

As long as no green molds show up in the other casing, they will be fine to eat. If on the other hand green mold does show up, then you will have to throw them away.


Trade List

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Registered: 01/27/03
Posts: 350
Loc: KY
Re: What Should I Do? [Re: The One]
    #4506720 - 08/07/05 01:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

is that really true though? lots of people are saying that eating shrooms off of contamed cakes or substrates is often just fine. perhaps it depends on the type of contam.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Registered: 07/03/05
Posts: 427
Re: What Should I Do? [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #4507104 - 08/07/05 03:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm pretty sure that eating shrooms from green mold contamination is safe albeit pretty gross and possibly upsettling. The biggest problem with green mold is that it will spread like crazy so if you see it you should throw it away unless you want to see it again.

I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* green cob web mold? moldmaster 809 1 01/24/03 04:05 PM
by TeKn0
* green mold BLAST_420 1,168 11 07/18/05 12:54 AM
by BLAST_420
* Preventing Green Mold? prosthetics 1,182 3 07/27/05 08:49 PM
by FreedomFight
* question about green mold Pistachio 612 2 04/23/07 01:22 AM
by Pistachio
* green mould :( - or maybe not? :) - :/ whatever 1,010 5 05/18/09 12:46 PM
by veda_sticks
* green mold? on cakes, would you eat this shroom? whitevento 2,617 14 01/14/04 01:40 AM
by panamared
* Green Mold...CRAP! (PICS) Need Advice Birdman 6,705 8 03/06/03 03:04 PM
by Birdman
* The Elusive Green Mold Posing As Ninja... Dweomer 2,177 1 02/24/06 01:05 AM
by mrTtheH

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Tmethyl, Pastywhyte
461 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 14 queries.