Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

Loc: Next to Kitty (Yahweh)
Since I know you people have good hearts but not necessarily supporter accounts
    #4502107 - 08/05/05 11:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Bobo said:

GOATS!  GOATS!  GOATS!

One way to Give a Goat

Quote:

Bobo said:
Well, it wouldn't have to necessarily go through that charity.  Oxfam has apparently shut down their goat program...maybe they'll start up again when Christmas comes around. 

Anyway...we wouldn't have to spam people with it like the grain icon.  But we could buy shroomery sponsored goats!  Seriously!  25 quid for a goat...that's like $5 US from 8 people.  We could have multiple groups of shroomerites pooling for GOATS! 

Goats are the gift that keeps on giving, as you can see from the description in the link above.  I think this should be strongly considered by the admins/mods. 

GOATS!!!!!

Ok, it's a cross-post, yes.  But I think pub mods should tolerate this.  I'm just spreading info the masses.  :cool:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
the pub mods are a cancer on our society as a whole.
pantsboy said:
Do kittens contain mescaline?  Because they should.

My GF & ME :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Since I know you people have good hearts but not necessarily supporter accounts [Re: Bobo]
    #4502128 - 08/05/05 11:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You!

:smirk:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Since I know you people have good hearts but not necessarily supporter accounts [Re: Bobo]
    #4502144 - 08/05/05 11:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Do they have the goats that fall over paralyzed when you scare them? That'd be pretty funny to have a few of those about....

OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

Re: Since I know you people have good hearts but not necessarily supporter accounts [Re: dblaney]
    #4502148 - 08/05/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

YES! 

I think giving goats would be a great opportunity to make a real impact on people!!!

We can have goat(se) pools and get like a half a dozen people together and change a person's life with a goat!  FUCK ME.  This is a GREAT way to share with others that are less fortunate. 

:rockon:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
pantsboy said:

OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

Re: Since I know you people have good hearts but not necessarily supporter accounts [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4502154 - 08/05/05 11:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Do they have the goats that fall over paralyzed when you scare them? That'd be pretty funny to have a few of those about....

Now, now, duk.  I posted this in the Pub as I'm serious about charity.  Given the recent grain icon fiasco, I think we need positive, proven modalities for charity.  :smile:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
pantsboy said:

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #4502177 - 08/05/05 11:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

One of those animals is a cow you idiot.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

Re: Since I know you people have good hearts but not necessarily supporter accounts [Re: Hanky]
    #4502194 - 08/05/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hanky said:
One of those animals is a cow you idiot.

I know.  But it was pretty.  AND it showed up under google image search for "goats."  SO GO PISS ON YOUR FUCKING ISLAND OVER IT, CRYBABY. 

:thebird:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
pantsboy said:

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #4502201 - 08/05/05 11:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Only an American could confuse a cow for a goat. No wonder you got it so wrong over WMD's.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Since I know you people have good hearts but not necessarily supporter accounts [Re: Hanky]
    #4502212 - 08/05/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hanky said:
Only an American could confuse a cow for a goat.  No wonder you got it so wrong over WMD's.

No, we found the WMD's. They had a huge stockpile of sharp pointy sticks there, you know..... :tongue:

OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

#4502216 - 08/05/05 11:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I KNEW IT WAS NOT A GOAT.  Actually, it's a Bull, if you want to get technical, rooluvr.  So, go piss on your island again as I've heard you're experiencing a piss drought in the outback.  :razz:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
pantsboy said:

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #4502221 - 08/05/05 11:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This actually is a good idea, who would have thought you'd hate boobs but love goats? Oh well it takes all types I guess and the Goat(se) Fund would be a great way of giving back which is more practical than clicking for pennies (even if it's not a scam). The only charity I could find that's involved in this kind of project is the UK-based Farm Africa, and I couldn't really tell if it's an ongoing program. Nonetheless I think it's worth investigating further. Maybe we could pick a few worthwhile charities, then offer matching donations. We could also put x% of supporter fees towards charity, and have checkboxes on the signup page so people could decide where it goes. Maybe we could get our sponsors involved too. I dunno. It really is unrelated to mushrooms but it wouldn't be a lot of work to administer and really what's more appropriate than giving the gift of goats for the Shroomery?

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #4502223 - 08/05/05 11:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You didn't know any such thing. You just trusted a higher power (Google) to supply the truth.

Blind faith will get you nothing but prayer books.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

#4502244 - 08/05/05 11:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Since it was labeled, "Bull" and only bulls have horns.  Dumbass.  I'M FROM A RURAL STATE, BEATCH.  YOU DON'T GET HARDERCORE THAN DIS SHEEIT.  :foshizzle:

Ythan:  I was being flippant and intentionally antagonistic over the grain icon deal.  I can't help it--I like to stir shit up with language.  :smirk:

But, I really do think this would be a cool way for shroomerites to pool their resources. 

I did some googling and found some Christian-affiliated services and so forth.  I don't necessarily want to go through a Christian channel, but, if it's just goats for people, and forgetting the doctrine, then I say, "OK."  :smile:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
pantsboy said:

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #4502262 - 08/05/05 11:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You IDIOT! Cows have horns too!

And they sniff out land mines. See!!!

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Since I know you people have good hearts but not necessarily supporter accounts [Re: Ythan]
    #4502273 - 08/05/05 11:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Giving to charity looks damn good on the whole community. :laugh: :thumbup:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #4502311 - 08/05/05 11:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hehe of course I understand, and in all fairness I can see how it kind of seemed like a dumb idea. I always respect people who tell it like it is. But yeah it did get people thinking about this so at least it accomplished something. I've always like the Christian Children's Fund since they have such low operating costs and don't mix ideology with their work. Back when I was a little kid I used to do a lot of volunteer work for PETA but they're kind of extreme for some peoples' tastes though. The EFF, NORML and MAPS are also good (though their work is less vital). It might also be cool to support some kind of stem cell advocacy. I wonder what charities everyone else supports (or would like to).

OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

Re: Since I know you people have good hearts but not necessarily supporter accounts [Re: Ythan]
    #4502347 - 08/05/05 11:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting that with Frist's recent declaration there might be much more money flowing into stem cell research. 

But, I do support goats.  It's a quantified charitable gift that a few people can get in on.  And a goat keeps giving...mated with another you get LOTS OF GOATS AND MILK AND POO FOR FERTILIZER!

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the goat deal.  I don't care who it goes through (there are a few ways to do it), but, yes, I'd prefer to find a charity that doesn't push ideology and just helps people.  :smile: 

Hanky:  I am SO buying a ticket to rooland JUST SO I CAN KICKBOX WITH YOU FOR THE INTERNATIONAL COOKIE TROPHY.  :mad:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
pantsboy said:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4503629 - 08/06/05 11:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

goat, si?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom