Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMyc0Maniac
Stranger
Last Attempt..
    #4492874 - 08/03/05 11:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It seems I had alot of success for a while cultivating this great species of mushroom. All at once, everything started to contaminate..I started back in February..Then towards the summer...Everything went bad. I am not sure if there was just a higher spore count or what. I am going to try one more time for this. I am bleach sterilizing the jars right now, then I am going to wash them out. Pressure cook them with nothing in them. Then, fill up with wbs and pressure cook again. I am going to get some Lysol or oust or something and spray out the bathroom really well, and shoot the jars up. Then take them to my room and throw them into a TiT incubator. Should I occasionally spray around this TiT? I do not want ANY contamination. It is so frustrating after about 3 tries EVERYTHING went bad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: Last Attempt.. [Re: Myc0Maniac]
    #4492954 - 08/03/05 11:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

clean every thing, i mean every thing.

That includes ANYTHING you use in the process.

clean you house with disinfectant, and if you used that same source of spores for your last three grows then get some new ones.

OfflineMyc0Maniac
Stranger
Re: Last Attempt.. [Re: Kingkole]
    #4493002 - 08/03/05 11:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It's really weird how everything all of a sudden contaminated. My first grow was so great. Even my bulk. I don't know. I am hoping this will work. I miss it.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4494086 - 08/04/05 07:36 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

During the summer, molds flourish more...and when you have mold in your house, in only stays and continues to thrive. Hopefull you dumped your contamed jars a while ago and washed the jars and everything ok then. Give everything a good clean and keep everything sterile and you should be ok. Be careful overusing lysol, it can screw things up a bit if you use it around your incubation and fruiting chambers alot.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineMyc0Maniac
Stranger
Re: Last Attempt.. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4496546 - 08/04/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well, the place where i'm staying right now is sorta dirty. I tried cleaning up a bit. The contaminated jars grew out and some were opened and dumped out...(Friend did it) I'm gonna try to innoc them in the bathroom after spraying lysol. I guess I could also saturate a cottonball with alcohol then put it over the hole of a jar and stick the needle through the cottonball. That would keep contams out. Then just not take the foil off at all until it's done.

OfflineMyc0Maniac
Stranger
    #4501309 - 08/05/05 07:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Would it be a better idea to spray down a small bathroom with lysol or to shoot the jars up over the oven?

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

#4501466 - 08/05/05 08:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

F the oven, make a glovebox. Ovens are dirty and their effectiveness for cleaniness has been determined to be placebo. I would say that making a glovebox would be your best bet if you keep failing. (and get a new source for your spores).

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

Offlinetoadstools
great googelymoogely
 User Gallery

Loc: FL USA
    #4501479 - 08/05/05 08:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Its not exactly apples to apples but I used to homebrew beer a couple of years back and the first 4 or 5 batches came out beautifully, then I got a little bit of contams and two or three bottles wouldnt carbonate. Next time it was a six pack and it just got worse until everything got F'ed up every time. I talked to the shop owner where I got my supplies and he said that each time you make a batch you might spill a little dust, or pour a little liquid down your sink, you might not think anything of it because its such a small amount, but you never get all of it up. All of a sudden you have a house that is nothing more than an incubator for the contams that are feeding off of your mash. It might be the same thing here, those minute particles are creating a breeding ground for the contams that love our substrates. I was told not to make any more beer for a month and for that month clean, clean, clean and use lots of bleach. Especially in corners of counters and anywhere that is hard to reach. When my month was up I was able to make a couple of more batches successfully without any contams. :smile:

--------------------
:mushroom2: :heart: :sun: Meddle, Meddle, Friend of mine, All good things in all good time! :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

OfflineMyc0Maniac
Stranger
Re: Last Attempt.. [Re: toadstools]
    #4501549 - 08/05/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That story could have something to do with mine...I'll clean alot...And I can get a seperate rubbermaid container to incubate. Seal it. That may keep the spores out.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale