Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebuggers
Mushroom CloudLayin'Motherfucker
 User Gallery

question about my casings
    #4500418 - 08/05/05 04:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have been doing a remote grow because i broke my leg and have been living with my parents for the past few weeks. I made two mono tub casings with h-poo and spawned them with some golden teacher WBS, i let them colonize for two weeks and then checked on them and found the horse poo to be fully colonized, i applied a 1 inch verm/coir casing layer, hooked up an aquarium pump that bubbles through water and goes into the tubs for humidity/air exchange and put the lids back on for another week. When i returned to put them on a light cycle and induce fruiting, i was shocked to see several mushrooms growing in each tub and lots of aerial mycelium poking up through the casing layer. the mushrooms are each about 3 inches tall with meaty stems and little tiny caps (they look like they will get a lot bigger). I will probably let them mature over this weekend and pick them before i leave, and return in about another week to see if more have grown.

my question is what caused them to pin in absence of light? the only time they were exosed was for about 10 minutes when i applied the casing layer, was this enough?
Also, what can i do to make my next flush more even?
i appreciate any insight on my situation

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekingboomer
smurfhouse archetect
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High!!!!
Re: question about my casings [Re: buggers]
    #4500432 - 08/05/05 04:30 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:mushroom2:  yup, 10 mins was all it took to initiate the fruiting cycle.  As far as getting it more even, patch your casing soil where the myc pokes thru.  That should get more even flushes.  :mushroom2:

-Kingboomer

--------------------
Hole in the sky/
take me to heaven..
window in time/
through it I'll fly...

-Black Sabbath

Offlinebuggers
 User Gallery

#4500472 - 08/05/05 04:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

strands of aerial mycelium are poking through the entire surface of the casings, :stoned: does this mean after i pick the shrooms that are on there i should re-case the entire thing? if so, how thick? i've heard that "light scratching" can even out pinsets (just muddling up the very top layer of the verm/coir without going all the way down to the h-poo underneath) is this a good idea?

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
    #4500556 - 08/05/05 05:13 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

dont scratch... go ahead and put those tubs on a light cycle and id be willing to bet that by the time those few are ready to harvest you will have dozens, maybe even hundreds of new pins. harvest those few then let the rest of the casing flush. Harvest, dunk, patch, then onward to the second flush.

Happy Trails and GL to ya

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

Offlinebuggers
 User Gallery

#4500578 - 08/05/05 05:21 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

how do you dunk a casing?

i was also wondering about air exchange, is an aquarium pump bubbling through water enough air for 2 10 gallon tubs? i have another tub thats still colinizing the h-poo, if i split the air line again to put air to it, will this be enough air, or do i need to devise a better air exchange method?

thanks for all your help guys, this site is the best :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation