Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemoog
Stranger

just had a really strange, scary experience
    #4498862 - 08/05/05 05:51 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I just woke up a few minutes ago and my mind was in a racing, panicked state. It was like a hundred jumbled thoughts were running through my mind all at once but I couldn't understand what they meant. I couldn't slow them down and understand what my own mind was thinking. I was trying to just calm down and remember where I was, but as I looked around the room nothing made any sense. I was trying to tell myself that I was safe in my bed and that everything was alright, but when that didn't work I panicked even more. At one point I got this light-headed rush that went through my body and I felt like I was dying. At least, I'd imagine that's what dying felt like because it was the most agonizing mental feeling I ever had. I just felt very light-headed and like I was slipping away out of reality. It reminded me of a bad trip I had where I felt the same thing. I don't know if it was a flashback or panic attack or what. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: just had a really strange, scary experience [Re: moog]
    #4498886 - 08/05/05 06:40 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

deep breaths.
its all in your head. The mind plays some crazy tricks sometimes.
You'll be O.K.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #4498892 - 08/05/05 06:52 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i had an experience or two of being disorientated and panicked upon awakening, i do believe in my circumstances they were the result of having over-exherted myself late into they night and conking out for the night, seemed to throw off my internal clock so to speak. i'd recommend practicing a regular sleep pattern, giving yourself time to rest before bed and if imbibing drugs or alcohol having returned to sobriety several hours before sleep.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineAvatarofAtavism
Stranger

Loc: canada
Re: just had a really strange, scary experience [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #4499068 - 08/05/05 10:01 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I have had something like that after waking up, usually from a particularly powerful dream. Not fearful really, just, massive in scope. Maybe what you had was sparked by that? The dream faded before you had time to think/remember it, but the intense feeling remained. Might induce some kind of panic.

How long did it last would you say? (is it still going on??)

--------------------
Do not despair, said the mystery. You will always have a friend in me. Untill the day you break my code. Then I will be gone, and you are free...
to manifest another.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: just had a really strange, scary experience [Re: AvatarofAtavism]
    #4499342 - 08/05/05 12:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I wasn't really dreaming. Before I woke up I remember being in this semi-asleep state where I kept going from one idea to another, just like I was when I woke up. This happens to me sometimes while asleep, and I'll remember it when I wake up like it was a dream. Except it's not a dream. The best way to describe it is like if you ever played Tetris or some game for hours, and then after you stop playing your mind is still in that mode and you keep seeing the game in your head while trying to fall asleep. Well that's what it was like except instead of a game stuck in my head I had all these weird racing thoughts going a mile a minute, and I couldn't stop it or control it.

When I woke up, it didn't stop, and so I panicked I guess. I also had trouble understanding where I was. I didn't realize I was in my bed like normal. I guess it was just a panic attack, because I felt fine after about a half hour and then went back to sleep.

Offlinecuriouskittin
Weilii Princess<3
 User Gallery

Loc: *in the island of magic*
    #4499344 - 08/05/05 12:07 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Kind of reminds me of peroids during my "drug induced psychosis/mania"... also reminds me of a panic attack.

--------------------
WWW.WEILII.COM ^*Psilocybe Weilii Information*^

Curious?

<3
i will tell you in another life, when we are both cats.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4499442 - 08/05/05 12:41 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, reminds me ALOT of a panic attack, the only thing is that it happened upon waking, which is unusual for a panic attack. Still, I would attribute it to a panic attack. Was your heart racing or calm?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: just had a really strange, scary experience [Re: dblaney]
    #4499524 - 08/05/05 01:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, that's the odd thing... my heart wasn't racing, and I wasn't short of breath either. I mean, I've had a panic attack before just from anxiety, I know what that's like, but it wasn't anything like this.

Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

#4499914 - 08/05/05 02:46 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard of a certain kind of seizure creating similar symptoms.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4501394 - 08/05/05 09:37 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like you're under tons of pressure. I had what you just described a few times, sometimes with harsher and more bizaare symptoms..

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
    #4502711 - 08/06/05 03:20 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

that must have been terrifying

it may have been sleep paralysis, where a person will wake up, but their body is still off/immobile, and sometimes have waking dreams, which can be frightening

were you able to move?

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: just had a really strange, scary experience [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4503599 - 08/06/05 01:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I was moving around, it wasn't sleep paralysis.

The worst part was the feeling I got when it culminated. I felt pressure on my head and like this cold rush came over me. Then it felt like I was fading out of existence. It felt like my mind was being taken out of this reality. I don't know how to describe it any better. Also the racing thoughts disappeared during that part, and for a moment I had trouble thinking of anything at all (sort of like when you have an orgasm and your mind goes completely blank for a few seconds). Then the racing thoughts came back after that passed. I just wish I knew what the hell that feeling was because it's happened to me before a couple times. :confused:

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
    #4505699 - 08/07/05 02:20 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

there's this theory that the altered consciousness that happens sometimes during panic attacks happens because of hyperventilation.

were you breathing quickly?

if yes, i'd guess it's a panic attack. if no, i'd guess it's a flashback.

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: just had a really strange, scary experience [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4506836 - 08/07/05 02:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

My breathing was calm, my vision was fine (wasn't blacking out), and at no point did I feel dizzy (I felt light-headed but not vertigo). I'm beginnning to think more and more that it was a DXM flashback. I had two bad DXM trips where this same thing happened about 6 months ago.

Offlineclairewaddi
Stranger

#5148014 - 01/06/06 06:50 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hi just visiting, wanted to know i have the exact same thing, maybe once a month or so-exactly the same word for word
I put this up on http://sleepdisorders.about.com/ forum, you can go on there, seems like we have some sort of sleep apnea, I too thought it had something to do with Es taken a year before, others have mentioned other meds causing it but I know it's not that as it's years later now.
"Hello I suffer from sleep paralysis which can be pretty scary, the whole feeling paralysed, feeling a presence and powerless to wake... but I also suffer from something else, perhaps once or twice a month, that is very very frightening. I wake up, or am not yet asleep but in a semi-state, and I think I am dying, I feel I am dying, my head is closing in, I am fading away, blacking out and feel stifled and my heart is racing like crazy, I sit up very scared fighting it off as it feels like if I follow it I will die. As I sit up it takes a good few minutes to pass. I feel claustrophobic, pressure on my chest, I feel like me head is caving in. My partner asks what is wrong but I am too frightened and it is too intense for me to reply, it eventually goes away and I fall back asleep and forget about it. The first time it happened I thought I had to call the hospital, I thought I was dying alone and was going to call my mother to say good-bye! Each time now I know it will pass but I still think what if I can't fight it and I am dying! This might sound ridiculous but it is a real physical feeling that I am blacking out for good. Can anyone please explain this?"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being