Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefoxyhotme
goose
Male
first time grower....no luck with germination....need to be pointed in the right directioin
    #4497724 - 08/04/05 11:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

hey guys...gotta say somethin about just how awesome this site is because this wil be my first post as a member of this respectable community of knowledgeable friends.
  Ok so here we go. For the last month and a half since i last shroomed for the 4 th time and achieved a very meaningful 3rd or 4th level trip, i have been avidly reading and soaking up the plethora of wisdom that this site offers. and its awesome cause now i have a plan for my first attemt...i mean my friends first attempt at growing shrooms in which i am to help him. 3 weeks ago i decided to follow the  simple pf tek which seemed easy to achieve success if ive done my studying which i have..and am still pursuing. My problem is that after getting all the essentials...still awaitng my new 8 quart pc off ebay(  i would like to cancel out the hit or miss boiling method as a reason for my lack of success.), I cant seem to achieve germination..just no signs of conlonization after 3 weeks and im positive that somethin went wrong.
  So heres the conditions for this attempt..
    1) 2 half pint jars with 4 innoccuation sites on each.(followed the tek to a t.)yada yadayada
    2)boiled for 65 minutes.....let cool for 8 hours ( this could of been my first mistake)
    3)used the shot glass tek for creating syringe from print of b+ that i bought from the head shop (30.00 bucks....ouch) let cool for several hours until room temp.
    4) did the whole steril drill...lysol, closed vents, cleaned room, showered, flamed needle, alcohol...etc.... but no gloves ( 2nd mistake...dont worry im learning)
    5)left the lid sealed with foil even though i heard that the verm. will do the trick...no chances though
    6)Left in closet for days...no sign of any growth...
    7)now its 3 weeks later and im wondering if it was the constant temp of around 70-75 that did it or maybe i bought some bunk spores or  else i killed the spores. normaly i would guess that i killed the spores by not letting substrate cool but apparently my experienced friends who usually have sucess used the samespores from the same place i bought from and have had no luck. those bastards...haha.
    really makes me wish that i printed the very first batch of about 40 grams of p.cubensis that i stumbled upon at a horse stabe that i tripped on my first time. my first trip...awww..the memories.
well anyway...what do you guys think.
please just gimme a quick insight from your perspective because its through you guys that ive just begun to delve into this art, and would love to succeed....really really bad.
  but anyways, i m preparing for my second attempt( 8 new half pint jars, new PC on the way expecting it anyday now, supply of brf,verm, perlite for fruiting chamber, and a ten gallon aquarium with humidiy gauge and temp.just waiting to get that far in the process...and brand new closet space and privacy from my first apartment...just gotta find some proven spores so i can rule out the bunk spores from my list of things that could of gone wrong..) and just want to know what to do before i jump on in...and where i can find a viable spore print thats trusted enough to base this next experiment on. because i WILL get this down...no matter how many failed attempts.
  any info appreciated :grin:
                -dave

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephlanx
Experimentor

Loc: U.S.
Re: first time grower....no luck with germination....need to be pointed in the right directioin [Re: foxyhotme]
    #4497823 - 08/04/05 11:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

im new also but have had much luck with a company called sporesource. they are one of this sites sponsors. sent in money, got back a syringe, plus...a free syringe and a coupon for another free syringe. $15. check em out. :tongue2:

Offlinebarlo
nookian

Re: first time grower....no luck with germination....need to be pointed in the right directioin [Re: foxyhotme]
    #4497832 - 08/04/05 11:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wait a little more but at the same time buy new spores to do a new set with i bought my prints from magicmushrooms.org and when you buy slot they give spores for free sometimes. And your hunch might be right I usually cool my jars overnight before hitting them up that way I'm more sure of the temps in the core of the cake... Hope this helps.

Offlinefoxyhotme
goose
Male
Re: first time grower....no luck with germination....need to be pointed in the right directioin [Re: phlanx]
    #4497860 - 08/04/05 11:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yes i am learing the hard way possably that patience is the only way to go....

Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

#4497863 - 08/04/05 11:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A couple of things that could have gone wrong are:
1..The jars could have dried out during boiling..
2..No spores made it into the jars(not enough in syringe, didnt shake, all stuck to side of syringe etc..)
3..The spore's were bunk, you say your friend had same results..

8 hours to cool is plenty...Especially for half pints, as long as they were removed from heat sources..
As long as no chemicals made it near the water or print everything should have worked..
I would think the spores were bunk since someone else had the same results from the same print.

For spores that are garunteed, Order from one of the Shroomery Sponsors http://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php
they will treat you right and for $30.00 you can prolly get 3 syringes or 2 prints that are garunteed to be viable or they will replace for free...most ship the same/next day and have fast shipping.

Good luck, sounds like you have everything down good.

Take care n be safe...

Offlinefoxyhotme
goose
Male
    #4497886 - 08/05/05 12:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

im wondering if my shyringe technique is a problem...from my lack of experience there is just so many things that could go wrong at that step....ive been reading about the easy method of creating spore water with the rest of the same print that i have ( half left) by sterilzing the jar, adding spring water that i sterilized...and scraping the left over spores in the jar (which already has 4 sealed holes for extraction)and shaking...which as long as im sterile with the blade used for scraping the spores in and fast about getting the lid back on in a draft free environment then in theory..i should have a jar with plenty of spore solution that i can gently shake to mix. The spores should rehydrate just fine i would think..
any comments?

Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

Re: first time grower....no luck with germination....need to be pointed in the right directioin [Re: ultralight]
    #4497913 - 08/05/05 12:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Some thing else I just thought of is if the spores went into the middle of the cake then it could take a couple of weeks to see growth.
But if you injected against the glass and its been 3 weeks then odds are they wont germinate.

Most experts say to let the spores sit in the syringe for an amount of time (cant remember) to rehydrate. If you used the syringe right after making it then it can also take considerably longer to see growth, as the spores need to rehydrate before they can germinate...

Take care n be safe...

OfflineSilverr
Stranger

Re: first time grower....no luck with germination....need to be pointed in the right directioin [Re: ultralight]
    #4497915 - 08/05/05 12:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

<5)left the lid sealed with foil even though i heard that the verm. will do the trick...no chances though>

The jars need FAE (fresh air exchange) for fast colonization.
This allows for gas exchange, myc releases carbon dioxide.

Yet when I do my jars I leave it on until I notice growth and when removed the jars begin to grow like crazy.

Just my .02, GOOD LUCK

PEACE

--------------------
"The only easy day was yesterday"

Offlinefoxyhotme
goose
Male
    #4497949 - 08/05/05 12:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yea the innoc. sites were against the glass. Though one of my jars started to show growth one such site andi was very excited..days later its slowly spread so im quite sure that it is cob web...and sure enoughit is...also some green and yellow all of the sudden...though i believe it was becuase the top part of that jar ( taller then the other jars that i sterilzed..wasnt submerged in the boiling water for sterization so i guess bacteria took root in the top part of the cake...damn

Offlinefoxyhotme
goose
Male
    #4503401 - 08/06/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the feedback guys, pc is in today and i will be starting my next attempt...ill keep you guys posted and probably be back with some more questions.

OfflineSilkSteel
Nomad

#4503485 - 08/06/05 10:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Looks like everything you did was fine.. its all pointing towards the spores. Just order a spore syringe instead of a print. Less chances of contamination that way.

InvisibleSubGen1us

#4503672 - 08/06/05 11:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

why not try grains now that uve got a pc?

im not saying the pf tek is bad but i feel 4 innoc spots maybe too many for a newb.
more times to mess up each jar with contams.
get 3 quart jars, grains and some polyfil, easy as pie.

u said u used a sterile drill?!?
when do u use a drill when innoculating?

Good luck!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures